Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by NegativeZero21

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

@legendarytiger53  

I dont believe that making the game to last longer is good. After a recent update the missile time has been changed to 40seconds each(if they are charged). This means that if you play an aggro deck where you have no tech lab units you can win 2 missiles in a row with your non tech lab units and take the victory. But having all 3 missiles to fire at 40 secs each, means that if you dont take the first 2 missiles, the tech lab player has a lot of time to roll out his tech units and win. If we make the missiles to fire slower many units and decks will automatically be useless since the only way to win will be by using tech. Instead of complaining that you dont have enough time to use tech try to stall the missiles(make them yellow) for as long as you can to buy time until your economy lets you to use your tech units. Also i dont believe that the game is completely pay to win. If your opponent has +3 unit levels its still possible for you to win if you have the experience. If its more its completely pay to win yes. If anybody wants to learn the game by the way, Terminus shores(the first alliance in the leaderboard) has created an academy alliance for new players or players that want to become better, that is helping them to learn the game by giving feedback to them. The name of the alliance is Anacreon. If anyone wants to join he is welcome. Just join the discord of terminus shores and ask to join.

Message 601 of 893 (813 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@pontiki123451 wrote:

If your opponent has +3 unit levels its still possible for you to win if you have the experience.

And when your opponent has the experience as well, then it is again utterly impossible to win with a unit level difference of 3 or more. Wink

Message 602 of 893 (797 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

And thats why you always try to get better by playing and not to find comfort in 5 strategies. All players hone their skills while playing. Just because someone is to the top 100 of the leaderboard it doesnt mean that he will win against you every time. No one knows all the strategies that are being used at the moment in this game and many others can be created. If you want to win against someone with higher experience you need to get better. It doesnt matter if the player has higher or the same levels. If he has more experience he will win anyway. So you shouldnt win the game anyway and the levels have nothing to do with your defeat. Also i dont believe that there is a same experience term between two players. The chances of that happening are really low.  Same experience means that both cant win and always get ties. It doesnt matter if one of them has +3 levels. If they have the same experience none of them will be able to win because both will try the same strategies in terms of attack and defence. And thats not a thing for most of the games. So same experience doesnt give you a defeat. It gives you a tie.

Message 603 of 893 (792 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@pontiki123451 wrote:

So same experience doesnt give you adefeat. It gives you a tie.

Ties are very seldom, and almost only occur on maps with two missile pads. I don't know why the game's designers are so adverse to ties. I think a tie is cool. It means that you have exactly found an opponent who is a very good match for you.

Message 604 of 893 (789 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Exactly. If you get a tie it means that both have the same experience. I never many ties. In fact the ties that i had were such a small amount that i can count them in one hand. But my ties were against players that had the same experience and that neither me or them could attack the other one's defence and break it. And it wasnt about the decks or the levels. It was about the micro, the strategy and the tactics

Message 605 of 893 (784 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Also believe me it doesnt have to be a 2 pad map. If the experience is the same it doesnt matter which is the map or where the pads are
Message 606 of 893 (781 Views)

★★★ Novice

Agreed; the disruptor rush/jackson’d Disruptor strategy is spreading like wildfire. I’m okay even if you only nerf its damage to the base. It only takes 2 shots to take half of your base away; not even enough time to churn out two units to destroy it in time. 

Fix this. It’s a frustrating way to lose. Like, if ANY other unit attacks my base and I lose, that’s my fault for letting it hit my base for an extended period of time.

Message 607 of 893 (716 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

You know what's exactly more annoying that this? Seeing a dsruptor retreat after nearly killing your base and units. You'd be left with at least 10% health and the enemy is trying to kill all your units without harming your base or claiming the pads. What would be more frustrating is seeing the missile charge again and again but your opponent purposely prevents the missile from firing to your base. You could try and steal it, but he'd stop you from sending the missile 180 degrees.

Message 608 of 893 (696 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

As a state of gameplay problem, as I might consider, I found disrestpectful & careless tryhards, starting from diamond league.

As I played agains one of them, I've killed his MG Squad with my 10 cost unit right on the spawn point. Next time he made an additional MG with a slight delay, while I've approached it with one squad, like surely, one of them will survive for him.

It can be hard to remove an MG Squad efficiently without hard counters, such as 3 range units, Inferno, Orca Bomber or Drone Swarm. I had neither of them, because I'm a returning player and some maps are just too tight for pressuring the enemy harvester in such case.

#dumb MG S

Also, after killing enemy harvesters more than 3 times, I don't have much to gain (in case I can't use up my tiberium income). It takes at least one unit to deny the tiberium fields and/or damage the enemy harvester, while the opponent can make new harvesters for free at that point, so giving a kill bounty for the opponent after each harvester kill is not a sufficient punishment. I'd appreciate an additional cooldown on remade harvesters, beside the regular population cooldown, while looking for a no harvester game mode (different resource income).

Message 609 of 893 (674 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

You can kill mgs with venom,talon, drone swarm, cyberwheels(you send 3 at the same time), chem buggy, snipers, chemical warriors. And those are hard counters that dont need more than 30 tiberium if you want to use air, or more than 60 tiberium if you want to use ground units. Also the game is not about killing harvesters so i dont get why you need more for killing one, two or three harvesters. Killing them is about applying some pressure and not winning the game. So honestly i dont think they need any change. 

Message 610 of 893 (659 Views)