Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by totorodc12345

Original Post

★★ Novice

I think my rank has been artificially inflated by challenge battles. My units are lvl 7 across the board, but I so rarely get fights that can decrease my rank that I've climbed up to plat 2 and I'm only a couple good matches away from plat 1.

I've enjoyed getting all the boxes on the way here, but this doesn't feel like it's working as intended. Heck, I haven't even unlocked Gen. Solomon yet and I've run into an Avatar.

Message 591 of 893 (638 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Seems like there are a lack of active players in your league and geographic region. Challenge battles happen more often if your game can't find someone on your league to match you against. Also how are battles matched? Is it according to closest player in your current league? I would want to start an official match between both my accounts and have one lose to the other in a regular tournament. Are accounts in your friend list and alliance omitted?

Message 592 of 893 (610 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
I’ve played many times against my alliance members.
Message 593 of 893 (601 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't like the current pace of the game. It feels too fast.

My Solution: Base requires THREE nuke hits to be destroyed.

This would extend the pace of the game, but not by a large amount. I don't like the current pace of the game because the cost of advanced units means i either sacrifice early control of the platforms to wait and build better units [which means i lose since the game won't last long enough for my advanced unit to be affordable] to take over the platforms and then maintain control, or just ignore the advanced units and build only cheaper units in large amounts to take early control of platforms and if i can maintain that then the game will end by the time i can afford a more advanced unit [making the advanced unit a useless purchase].

I've played very few games that weren't decided quickly, and gave me a chance to use multiple advanced units. Even then, it felt too short for me. I understand that this is a mobile game, and that having a game that can last too long will kill the battery of most phones in 1 match and it would make for a terrible mobile business model. . . .  but i still want the option to play a very slightly longer game.

Alternatively, it could also be four nuke hits, but that would necessitate 2 queues [one with faster gameplay and the other with longer] with names like "Normal" and "Advanced Warfare" [even though the shorter mode takes a much more advanced understanding of the game, and the longer mode is more forgiving and gives newcomers more of a chance to get a grasp on the game] or "Blitz" and "Standard Battle" etc.  I think 2 queues might extend the wait time to start a match a little but not a negative amount.

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns? Absolutely destroy my self-esteem by shutting down my idea as batshit crazy or mentally deficient? Rebuttals? 

Message 594 of 893 (582 Views)

★★ Novice

Before anyone can say that i'm just playing people who are either way worse at the game or way better at the game than me and that is causing shorter games

I understand this, but i want to play a game where a person has a chance to gain a better understanding of the game in that game and get better and have a chance at making a comeback. I get that having a specific deck and choosing which units to spec into can greatly affect the game before it even begins, but that's definitely not the only aspect of the game that can affect game time and enjoy-ability. 

I think a slightly longer game where both people have a little more chance to improve their strategy mid-game will make for a more compelling gameplay, but won't drag things out to make it unplayable on phones.

Message 595 of 893 (579 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am beginning to feel surprise that players nowadays actually thought you can practice and be better so that you can win ??? It’s been proven that this is a pay to win game. You wanna win, pay your way up. If there is anyone here who disagree, FxxK you. You are likely an EA staff. This game is not like the C&C in the past. This is a pay to win model. The matching is meant to b unbalance. No matter how good you are, you will still lose most of the time unless you hv paid enuf to be at the top 0.5%. So stop wasting your money if u don’t intend to play a P2W game. And here, fxxk you EA folks for even asking about feedback on game balance and matchmaking. It’s meant to b unbalance from the very start. Stop fooling with ppl’s money. Earn it honestly pls. 

Message 596 of 893 (542 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

That's because there are other players who have played longer than you have. Some have played ever since the game's public release. Right now, its not worth it to spend all your money unless you just want surplus diamonds. You shouldn't spend all your money to level up your units. On every level up, the price of the unit increases by double the amount. Can't say if this is true past level 8, as I've never been to level 9 or 10. Its starts with level 1 for common units, level 3 for rare units and level 5 for epic units. At level 1, the price is 10, at level 2, 30; level 3, 60 and level 4 120. At level 5, its 250, and at level 6 its at 500. At level 7, that's 1000, at level 8, its 2000. My guess is at level 9, 10 and 11, its 4000, 8000 and 16000, respectively. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I never reached those levels yet. Its very hard to have a level 15 army, let alone an entire arsenal of level 15 units.

Message 597 of 893 (526 Views)

★★ Novice

I have only just begun playing this game this weekend. I have played other pay-2-win games, and it felt like this was one of those as well... but i thought i would give it a solid shot before casting judgement. I DO NOT PAY for free games.  I will never buy anything for a free game. That would be wasteful, and i am conservationist, at heart.

I believe you are correct, EinarThePillager, but like i said i havent been playing this game long enough to figure it out for myself. so far, ive been winning slightly more than losing, and i believe it is due to my skill or lack thereof.

Message 598 of 893 (499 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Because the game has no initial cost you consider it a free game and therefore you will never pay for it. Did I get that right? That’s a very interesting justification.

To stay on topic I would like to see more tech units in Tiberium league. What if they cost only a fraction of their cost today but instead take up two population slots each. This way you have to be really aware as to how you are going to use that Titan, since it would no longer be possible to react to certain units.

Message 599 of 893 (454 Views)

★ Novice

You REALLY need to make unit balancing a little better. 90% of the time my units are out leveled by one a half levels at least. When a Pitbull can match a scorpion tank, thats BS. Otherwise give us a chance to get better cards. All i ever get seems to be units i dont use. And i can ever play to win because im almost always out leveled. When i finally started to get units to level 9. Level 10 and 11 units is about all im up against.

Message 600 of 893 (432 Views)