Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by EinarThePillager

Original Post

★ Guide

@pontiki123451 wrote:
 So even if the AI doesnt spawn anything i will just spam millitants/rifles into the platforms to charge the missile faster

The missile doesn't charge faster! 30 seconds is 30 seconds. the winner always have to hold the platforms uncontested for a total of a minute. nothing anyone can do, expect DEVs, can change that.

Message 581 of 893 (749 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Thought it was. I have seen some delay when one pad is yellow. Dont know for sure.If you send three units that are cheap to all the pads you can be sure that you have the first missile though since you build economy to counter the units the AI will bring and the AI needs to get rid of you from 2 pads to stop you from getting the missile. Which is not possible since you dont bring out units you dont need and have full vision on the map with the scouting units that you will get rid of when you see the AI's units to counter and keep the population cap free
Message 582 of 893 (737 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Speaking of game balance, I have a very special feedback about all the units. Some of the unit's voice responses are quite nice, for example is the tick tank. I would like to get the detail on what they're saying when they are selected, told to move, attack something with a neutral match-up (tick tank vs flame trooper), a positive match-up (vs buggy) and a negative match-up (vs JJT's) and an invalid match-up (vs venom). I also would like to know their accent, like is it German, Irish or native american.

Message 583 of 893 (694 Views)

★★ Novice
I think the Disruptor damage to bases is ridiculously unfair. It literally melts a base and there's nothing you can really do about it fast enough. There's been many times where I've lost to being hit by a single disruptor. It's broken. I've wanted to throw my phone every friggin time it happens..
Message 584 of 893 (638 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@MetalVein wrote:
I think the Disruptor damage to bases is ridiculously unfair. It literally melts a base and there's nothing you can really do about it fast enough. There's been many times where I've lost to being hit by a single disruptor. It's broken. I've wanted to throw my phone every friggin time it happens..

I agree to this one; the DPS against structures is ridiculous. On one hand this unit is the perfect counter to Kane's obelisk, on the other, sending two of these straight to the enemy base is more than enough to win the fight. I think this thing needs a nerf.

Message 585 of 893 (626 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Totally agree with disruptor imbalance for structures. Ridiculous melting capability indeed. Even just getting one of these to the base is enough to win easily. Seems like two shots and half base gone. 

The disruptor also also has almost as much DPS as a Mammoth Tank! But half the price. Seems very much an oversight. Fix!!!!

Message 586 of 893 (605 Views)

★ Novice

Try scouting. Disruptors very easy to stop of you see them coming.

Message 587 of 893 (575 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EinarThePillager wrote:

Speaking of game balance, I have a very special feedback about all the units. Some of the unit's voice responses are quite nice, for example is the tick tank. I would like to get the detail on what they're saying when they are selected, told to move, attack something with a neutral match-up (tick tank vs flame trooper), a positive match-up (vs buggy) and a negative match-up (vs JJT's) and an invalid match-up (vs venom). I also would like to know their accent, like is it German, Irish or native american.

Sure wish I could get the quotes of all the units. The C&C wiki would greatly benefit from the huge amount of information. The only way I'd get it is to either extract the game files (does anyone know where all the quotes are located as a file?) or run a series of tests and listen carefully to what they say while I'm goofing off in a practice battle. I'd hate to do the 1st one as I could breach the TOS of the game, even if its to bring the said information to the wiki.

@Awakening2017 wrote:

Its not the point about scouting, one must have enough anti-vehicle otherwise your base is sure to be dead. Once a disruptor gets within firing range of your base, it only takes 5 seconds to tear the base to pieces.

Message 588 of 893 (557 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@Awakening2017 wrote:

Really? You don't think that by the time a disrupter hits the field the opponent doesn't already have players in the field for clear line of sight? Add in Jaskson and your screwed.

Message 589 of 893 (524 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Yep, I definitely think disruptors need a nerf. They're too powerful for both structures and infantry alike. I think a zone trooper should be able to get up close to one and then shoot once before dying. Same thing could be said about artillery and juggernauts. They need a nerf so that units can still get to them and attack before dying. When a Juggernaut comes around, there's no way of stopping it unless you happen to sneak up on it and attack it when the opponent doesn't notice. I think GDI needs his own stealth unit. Any ideas for a GDI stealth unit?

Message 590 of 893 (500 Views)