Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by pontiki123451

Original Post

★★★★ Guide
need a hard nerf on orca bombers against infantry they are designed to take out vehicles not troops
if not then cost needs to go up to 110 or 120 because they can shoot and move with multi tile range
Message 541 of 893 (836 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah. Lets nerf their dps while they can die from hammerheads, phantoms, pitbulls, zone troopers, sandstorms, talons, banshees, attack bikes and cyborgs...or lets increase the cost to make the orca bomber not usable... just learn to counter it. And dont let your opponent harvest that much. From what i have seen its balanced. Why not nerf the avatar's speed to average instead or the sandstorms health? Well because it doesnt help your decks right? I have been using the oeca bomber from its release in my main deck and i can tell you that this unit is a double edged knife. It can kill your units too with the aoe damage so a wrong move and your jjs tanks pitbulls shocks or anything else on the ground is dead. Oh and by the way orca bombers are not designed to kill only vehicles. Its like telling me the inferno is not killing infantry and vehicles. Both "bombers" are good against all the ground units and it makes sense since they are the only units that fire ground and they cost 100 tib and 110tb to be used. 

Message 542 of 893 (827 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Mlrs and giga should reduce harm to humans
Message 543 of 893 (811 Views)

★★★★ Guide
ya they make short work of pitbulls
Message 544 of 893 (798 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm a bit surprised that most oped Unit isn't called out, the regular Orca. Since the last buff this Unit is one of the sickest this game ever had before. Probably the most difficult to defend Attack Unit this game has. Besides Zonetrooper/Cyborg and the anti-air aircrafts there's no other Unit that can defend an Orca. Rockets and Lasertroops are way too slow, Sandstorm can keep up with him, but is more expensive, Widows can be taken down, Bikes and Pitbull have no Chance.

It actually ends in a very boring playstyle. 2 month ago the battles I'd were somewhere around 50/50 vs GDI/Nod, with a wide variety of Setups. Today I played 20 games had 17x GDI, 15x Orca based Decks. Everyone with the same boring strategy.

Orca definitely needs a nerf back to three missiles  better 2 or health reduced by 50% that way you can take them down with Rockets or Lasers. 

Message 545 of 893 (769 Views)

★ Guide

So long as one has missile/laser squads waiting around your territory, there's no way an orca can slip  through. I think the orca needs a nerf when it comes to pitbulls and attack bikes.

Message 546 of 893 (763 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Shinerplunderer wrote:

So long as one has missile/laser squads waiting around your territory, there's no way an orca can slip  through. I think the orca needs a nerf when it comes to pitbulls and attack bikes.

Nope! You can take a missile or laser squad down easily. If you hold position with Orca and grant those squads fire, yeah the Orca is finished, but as soon as you fire move to charge and fire again. The squad has no chance. Just watch it several times, Orca lvl 10, beats those squads lvl 10 an you can absolutely 0 do about that. Following is impossible cause Orca moves faster. 

Message 547 of 893 (746 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don’t think jades catalysts missle with tiberium clouds from a chem unit on your base should do more damage than a nuclear attack.  Like I just got one nuke that hit my base and one chem unit that put 2 clouds on my base and the guy hit it with a catalyst missle and the game was over.  The ion cannon has a direct hit and aoe on every tile around it and still only does like 1/8th of the total base damage.  So why does the catalyst missle with tiberium clouds do so much more? 

Message 548 of 893 (722 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice

Check your opponents commander level and compare it with yours. If it was higher it makes sense. If his chem unit was alive when the catalyst hit makes sense cause thats 3 tiberium clouds not 2 (yes the units counts as an extra cloud). If he was attacking your base for a while with chems  the base health might have fallen enough so that the double explosion could destroy your base. If none of those situations happened then the catalyst needs to benerfed. But setiously i have tryied 2 tiles and i had never destroyed half of the base. If it was like that we would all leave the platforms and play with catalyst missiles.

Message 549 of 893 (715 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
yea, at equal levels you need 2 chem units and 4 clouds to do 50% base damage. So odds are the enemy Jade was a higher level than your commander.
Message 550 of 893 (707 Views)