Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by EA_dance210

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@RxyDxy1 

its also been affirmed by plenty that the new way sucks. So just because you like the new trash way doesn’t mean it’s better either. 

And just a random question off the subject, how much money have you spent on the game? And what level are you? Just wondering. 

Message 381 of 893 (487 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Alright so then i have a suggestion since we don't want people to get to far lose all the time hate the game and ditch it then create a NON-MEDAL Mode. for people who are wasting time and don't want to lose their medals. I quit Clash of Clans because takes to long to progress and not control over what troops do. Ioved C&C red alert and when i seen Rivals I thought oh sweet but now with issues theres no point i wanna just get on battle. Yes progressing and getting levels is awesome but if there was just a battle mode non medal mode would be a nice time wasting fun

Message 382 of 893 (454 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Yea, if you don't care about gaining medals, an easy fix is to play a game, and if you win then queue up again, get into a game and close the app. Other guy gets your excess medals and you got your quick game in.

Otherwise, alliance friendly battles, or pop onto the discord and get a custom game going with someone in the discord.
Message 383 of 893 (596 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yea basically what im talking about is you already cant get more credits and they lower down the amount of experience points so do the same with medals after X number of games medal win or loss is reduced or no medals won or lost this way A: if no medals won or lost can play for the fun of it thats what we are here for  B: reduced medals so it would be very hard to get do different league and make it not fun.

Or yes make a non medal mode 

Message 384 of 893 (578 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I just played someone with Oxanna lvl 6. You have to be lvl 48 to even get her. How am I, level 21, matched up against THAT?!?! It wasn't even a challenge battle. Wtf? Im in GOLD league! 

Message 385 of 893 (564 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @emandab98,

At the beginning of February, a new season started. When that happened, players had their progress reset and started in a lower league, depending on where they finished during the January season. This means that you may face players with higher player levels who have been reset down to lower leagues. Since matchmaking is based on your Medal count and not your player level, it is very possible to meet some of those players in battle.

The newest Challenge Battle criteria,which triggers when you face a unit that you haven't unlocked yet, will not trigger for Commanders, as knowing exactly what the Commanders can do is general less critical than knowing what a unit can do.

If you ever have any questions, or are looking for advice on how to deal with specific unit(s) or commander(s), please be sure to ask Standard smile

Message 386 of 893 (561 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Chemical warrior unit is too expensive, it will make the unit become unusable, reduce it to 50

Message 387 of 893 (554 Views)

★ Guide
matchmaking is the worst because its not balanced AT ALL specialy in champions
Message 388 of 893 (538 Views)

★ Guide

matchmaking is not working unit balancing is not working because of field blockung and your defs are... srsly its ******** why are u not working on this issues. u cant even make units move around a blocking unit even if its the smallest. its just luck with matchup and if u bring in unitlvls its even more * up and character lvl brings another lvl of this great experience. its just great. apart from that great game rly awsome

Message 389 of 893 (537 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @thealcani,

Matchmaking works differently between the regular ranked league mode and special Rivals Champions events. For both types, the system works to make the best match that it can.

In the ranked league mode, players are matched based on their medal count. The matchmaker tries to find players close to your medal count. The longer you are in queue, the wider the medal range that you may be matched with. No other criteria (e.g. player levels, unit levels) is used when matching opponents. The Challenge Battle criteria is applied after the match has already been made.

The Rivals Champions events use wins and losses during the event to pair you with your opponent. For example, if you are 5 - 0 during your event run, it will attempt to match you with another player who is also 5 - 0. There is a range of wins/losses that you could meet, as very strict matchmaking could turn into impossible long queue times.

If you have other questions about who matchmaking works, please let us know.

Message 390 of 893 (517 Views)