Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by wwfyin

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Matchmaking on this game is garbage! Nearly every match is a challenge match (even after the fix) and the non challenge matches are against units that are one or two levels ahead of mine, and against generals that I am still ten levels away from unlocking. This game is fun, but would be awesome if I was matched against players that were close to the same strength. There has to be a better way to match players to make the game more competitive and rely on strategy instead of the unit levels.

Message 371 of 893 (407 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@cowboy1980 wrote:

Matchmaking on this game is garbage! Nearly every match is a challenge match (even after the fix) and the non challenge matches are against units that are one or two levels ahead of mine, and against generals that I am still ten levels away from unlocking. This game is fun, but would be awesome if I was matched against players that were close to the same strength. There has to be a better way to match players to make the game more competitive and rely on strategy instead of the unit levels.

Agree with every word. I’m honestly on the verge of quitting. This game has been utter trash since the update. 

Message 372 of 893 (401 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@pontiki123451 wrote:

The new update helped a lot to use some units that were not used that much. The only problem right now is the balance between players. Before the reset i was at masters 3 rank. But with the reset i am now playing with players from all of the masters ranks and from the tiberium league. Sure challenge battles are good because we dont lose medals but the game seems less fun since i lose most of the battles to level 10+ units and unknown units while i have mostly level 8 units. The game was fun before the reset because you were playing with players that had the same experience that you had so even if they had all their units 1-2 levels higher you could still win. Now you are forced to play with players that have both the level and the experience advantage. So if you dont pay with money you wont get a chance at winning. Maybe you should give a boost to the old tiberium players in terms of medals so that the ranks are more balanced. If im sruggling to win a masters 1 rank player how am i supposed to win a tiberium league player?

Another perfect response. Glad to see I’m not the only one going through this. 

Message 373 of 893 (519 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Here’s a great example... why am I busting my @$$ to win a harder match for a payoff of 11 medals? You serious? I mean the double XP is cool and all, but I had a really tough fight... and for what? To be awarded with 11 effin medals? Smh. Not worth it. 

How about let me be the challenge match from now on. I’ll fight all guys 10 levels below me and that don’t have the units unlocked that I do and let them fight me for 11 medals. I’m sick of playing all these tougher matches for less reward. 

Message 374 of 893 (523 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Bullpit should be increased to 50cost
Message 375 of 893 (489 Views)

★ Apprentice
Why do i always meet the player with higher level than me, after the update? minimum +2 level higher. For what is the last update? Just for fun?
Message 376 of 893 (484 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@AlphonseDisciple If you got more medals for every challenge match you fight, soon you'll find yourself in a situation where you're playing more challenge matches against people who have even more levels than you, to the point where you would be facing lots of high level units, and more importantly, high level players, and you wouldn't be winning many games. Giving XP was a suggestion quite a lot of us made, because it made more sense that you get XP so that you can unlock the units that your opponents had but you didn't, or to get level rewards faster. Giving you medals would only increase the chances of you matching against another high leveled player, making you climb higher into a league where your low level units would not be able to support you, which wouldn't make for very fun games now would it. It's like accelerating yourself into university when you're really only ready for high school.

Message 377 of 893 (472 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@RxyDxy1 

thats how it used to be and I loved it. Ever since the change I’ve been getting much worse matches. 

Message 378 of 893 (462 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@AlphonseDisciple well just because you love it doesn't mean it's a good system. You have to justify why you think it should be kept, and you liking it isn't a good enough reason especially when it has been affirmed by many that the change to XP gain makes so much more sense for one's progression. Also not sure why you would be getting worse matches, or what you mean by worse.

Message 379 of 893 (448 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I guess I don't understand the matchmaking. I'm not sure why I'm fighting people that have unlocked units and commanders far above my level. Seriously, the few times I beat the ion Cannon guy is because they didn't use it right and/or I got lucky. Maybe I should lose a ton of matches on purpose so my medals go down? Like everyone else I want medals for crates, but it seems counterproductive. And grinding is no use except to gain experience losing your butt to stuff way higher than myself. After the dailies what is the point? There is nothing for you till the next day. Why level up (20exp) at a time when .there isn't coin to do anything with.  I enjoy playing and the strategy, but grinding for nothing  (and losing) gets old quick. I'll give it one more reset to see how it pans out. 

Message 380 of 893 (433 Views)