Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by punishertrd

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I'm a lvl 23 I keep getting place in games where the player is a 60. They have way better troops unlocked and I cant compete. Is there any way to fix this issue other than spending loads of money to keep up.

Message 291 of 893 (663 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah, kill the Nod drone bugs. They're unstoppable... and then they come in pairs. No reason they should be so cheap or take out so many vehicles... land... air... vehicle... soldier... they're ridiculous. Wanna kill 'em? Only think I did this ONCE and it wasn't repeatable. Of course, I still lost.... because... well... they make a player unstoppable. Just send suicide bugs 2x at a time to your enemy while you load up missile launch pads.

Message 292 of 893 (630 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @redrum011800,

Matchmaking currently does not take player level into account when creating matches or assigning Challenge Battles. We want the matches to feel fun and fair, and are aware of the feedback around facing higher player levels. 

While higher player levels do unlock new units, the counters to those units generally will unlock at lower player levels. Are you having issues with any unit(s) in particular?

Hi @hellfyter7,

Nod's Scarabs are definitely a unique and interesting unit, but it is possible to counter them. Scarabs do well when they can get into a defensive position, as it does take a little bit of time for them to set up. Riflemen and Militants can do well against Scarabs. Send two Riflemen or Militants against Scarabs that are set up in a defensive position. While one unit will die, the second unit should kill the Scarab. Once you've unlocked two range units (e.g. Sniper Team), you can attack the Scarabs from a distance, not giving them a chance to attack.

Message 293 of 893 (570 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It seems to me that some of the higher level combination of troops are not beatable with the lower lvl troops. It's ok I'm just doing the same thing now just staying in the lower tier until I get to the higher lvl and can compete. 

Message 294 of 893 (567 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was asked to leave my feedback about pay to win content here. Currently I feel the game is set up to not promote continued play in a day. The gas can only be used to speed up a truck one time per truck or refresh your daily goal. So once you've completed those you can stack up enough gas until the next day. The next issue is there is a daily cap on coins earned each day. So basically once you complete your dailies, you can stop playing for the day. Also, the paid for content seems much higher than other popular p2w games and honestly not worth the money. 

I would suggest allowing people to use gas multiple times per truck, all the way to completion. Maybe it takes 3 gas tanks or something? This way it promoted people to continue playing to gain more resources. Also, don't cap the coins per day. This promotes players to only play games until they finish goals, otherwise you're just increasing your rank and playing harder opponents with no reward. 

Message 295 of 893 (534 Views)

★★★★ Guide

need country based servers 

im tired of playing against EU, canada, brazil, and korea players who lag out the game 

every other game does this why not this one 

Message 296 of 893 (527 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here is something that is absolute BS....why am I paying low level play and being forced to play an opponent that is obviously level 26 because he has the ion Cannon and I am at level 16... absolutely out matched and BS with this happening on more than one occasion.

Message 297 of 893 (486 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I think we can all agree that the matchmaking is in dire need of improvement.

I also think that one thing that no algorithm in the world can fix is the availability of players. If currently no one is online who would be a good match for you, then what?

In the old C&C games there was the possibility of playing against the computer. The same should also be possible in C&C Rivals.

Message 298 of 893 (475 Views)

★★★★ Guide

you know what remove medal count all together im tired of the * up medal loss counts on here esp when a player has more than i do even with higher units as well 

Message 299 of 893 (454 Views)

★★★★ Guide
also juggs should hurt your own stuff it is indirect fire al a massive scale
flamers hurt and chems do as well soo juggs should too
Message 300 of 893 (446 Views)