Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by Trevlyen36

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

@BattaIia I think I misrepresented myself in that post, I actually really really like this game as a game. It's not just pay to increase numbers with an auto fight system that just sees whose numbers are bigger (looking at you Star Wars Galaxy of Heros). There is strategy, cheese, deck builds, meta, GAMEPLAY, etc! And because the game is new and they're still ironing out everything is why I'm so interested in writing the feedback the way I did. Everyone I got into the game all feel similarly about the suggestions I mentioned. Its not that we hate the RPG elements, its just as of right now that's all there is outside of Friendly PVP to a casual player. The potential of where this game can go within the next few months is crucial to if this game will remain relevant within a year and to be honest I want it to do very well! I'm no good at Hearthstone and I feel this is the eSport on the mobile platform I've been waiting for so I want to see them succeed. I'm mostly worried that by focusing on maximum profit in a minimum time period they'll overlook its potential and we'll just see this game hemorrhage the casuals leaving just new players to get destroyed by people who have put in the cash. Personally, I'd love to see this game eventually evolve into something on Par with Hearthstone, single player challenge maps that unlock skins, New expansions campaigns that introduce new factions/cards, unranked pvp with  balanced match making, local tournament mode for friends and alliances. They built a solid RTS from the ground up to work on mobile and I would love to see Redwood Studios expand upon it. It'll be interesting to see where this game goes within the next year and I have high hopes for it.

Message 281 of 893 (1,220 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
here here =) Hoping for a great new year with redwood!
Message 282 of 893 (1,209 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The sandstorm is only powerful early game when players are new. True it lacks infantry counters and moves much faster relative to the titan, but the titan is a far superior unit since the sandstorm is near obsolete by the time you can buy it. The titan anchors much better and can one-shot mid-tier vehicles. The sandstorm sees virtually no play in the higher ranks (i haven't seen a single player except myself field a sandstorm past gold, and I only do it for cheese). My recommendation would be to push the sandstorm up the levels a bit, so new players are not overwhelmed by it. Additionally, giving it better movement speed and allowing it to fire while moving would make it an excellent raider, instead of forcing it into an anchor role already dominated by the titan

Message 283 of 893 (1,209 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
90cost missile killed my 140 cost obelisk of light, how can this be
Message 284 of 893 (1,163 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Zone Troopers feel very oppressive in GDI vs GDI, while they are fine in GDI vs NOD. The only counter GDI can field against them is shockwave troopers (at least at my level). 

I either pick an army with shockwave and zone troopers or I lose my GDI vs GDI games.

If they have a high level counter then either decrease that counters level or increase zone trooper level. Otherwise maybe significantly reduce their rate of fire whilst maintaining dps so GDI drone swarms can fight them more effectively.

Or maybe reduce drone swarm health by 50% and cause 50% of attacks against them to miss / deal 0 damage. 

Message 285 of 893 (1,150 Views)

★★★ Novice

The biggest problem I have noticed at my level is flame tanks seem to destroy literally every unit with in a few seconds but air attacks are easily countered using cyborgs. I think the flame tanks need a big adjustment. I understand them killing infantry but when everyone in my matches seems to be using just those and they kill all mechs and other armored units it seems a little ridiculous.

Message 286 of 893 (1,132 Views)

★★★ Newbie

MLRS are too cheap and this get brought out significantly faster than the units that can reliably handle them. Plus they do significantly more damage than a Titan. Combine that with how fast they reload and it’s just way too unbalanced

Message 287 of 893 (1,124 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

the gold reward for card donation is way too low, how do you expect Alliance members to donate effectively if gold reward is only 10 per card? Furthermore leveling up gold cost is already on the high side. If any player whom is not willing to spend real money, there is no way he/she can earn gold effectively other than constant battling, but even battling has its cap. Please understand that for those who do not wish to spend real money, they would expect using their time to earn gold.

please help improve this, personal suggestion is to give gold in multiples. Common one card for 10 gold, 2 cards for 20 gold, 3 cards 30 gold so on and so forth. Rare one card for 40 gold. Legendary one card for 80 gold.

Message 288 of 893 (1,115 Views)

★★ Novice

@NPHGoober wrote:

The biggest problem I have noticed at my level is flame tanks seem to destroy literally every unit with in a few seconds but air attacks are easily countered using cyborgs. I think the flame tanks need a big adjustment. I understand them killing infantry but when everyone in my matches seems to be using just those and they kill all mechs and other armored units it seems a little ridiculous.

I don't really see flame tanks used for that, but maybe multiple flame tanks with overlapping splash zones can - in which case this is more a tactics/micro achievement than balance issue 

Message 289 of 893 (1,108 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So about the matchmaking. I understand that you have the league level caps are there so you are never too outgunned but why are lower level players being put against higher level players who have access to more unit options?
The basilisk especially has recently become a huge problem for me in platinum league 1 because no matter how well I play I simply don't feel I have sufficient tools for the job and consequently lose those matches.
There needs to be some limit on what units you can use in lower leagues.
Message 290 of 893 (1,021 Views)