Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by superamen54

Original Post

★★★ Novice
I sort of agree, except I love the rematch because it gives you a chance to win if you lost before. A simple change in strategy can do wonders. Had that happen to me this morning - lost the first time, rematched again and switched up my strategy and completely dominated the game.
Message 261 of 893 (825 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hiya guys,

Thank you to everyone for your feedback so far! I haven't been chatting much in this thread, but I have been reading all your feedback and thoughts.

@BLKhand289, what level are your units currently at? Depending on their level, you should be able to get some Challenge Battles; while they won't help you gain rank, they should help you to not lose medals. And thanks for your feedback on the flame tank after the last balance change; I've passed that along to the rest of the team.

Message 262 of 893 (805 Views)

★★★ Novice
Really hopefully you read them and change the game. If you don't look up what happen to epic games with paragon
Message 263 of 893 (799 Views)

★★★★ Novice

One of the issues I'm seeing in diamond is the Basilisk. 

I'm only level 34, so I'm fighting people at least 52 (Probably higher since I'm guessing they don't start spawning at level 8-10). But so far as I can tell, there is no counter to it. It says on the unit that it's good vs vehicles and buildings, but  with it's 2 tile attack range nothing I currently have in my arsenal can get close enough to kill it. If I don't have 3 units, 2 of which are cyborgs/sandstorms and can just dogpile on it, it's pretty impossible to kill. It does sustained dps of 700, then increases by 500% after 3 seconds. It seems to deal damage to infantry just as well as it does against vehicles. 

Also one thing I don't understand is why the fire from inferno deals so much damage to vehicles. At even level, they can effectively take out a harvester in a single attack. I understand the burning vs infantry, but against vehicles seems ridiculous (oh no, my giant walking mechanical spider is meeellltttinnnggg)

In the same vein, scarabs can one shot harvesters at even level (maybe even if the scarab is a level below?). For their cost and the speed at which they can destroy a unit, they seem stupid strong. Hell, they can one-shot anything less than tech so far as I can tell. Oh, and they leave behind fire too as if to say "and f you too"

But yeah, otherwise loving the balance patches every week. Makes me really confident that was tested thoroughly and that concerns about things being unbalanced are just my own perception of matches...reminds me of game of war when they changed the meta every other day. 

Message 264 of 893 (719 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If this game is to have a future it has to be entertaining from the start, and honestly my whole alliance is falling apart before any of us reach level 20, still in the gold league. My friends have quit/uninstalled the game because no one could possibly bear defeat after humiliating defeat. We're simply outmatched, pitted against people with much higher XP , levels, and units unavailable to us. Some of us even spent cash on the game trying to get some joy out of it because of nostalgia, to no avail. If nothing changes, it'll turn into a niche game for elite players only. 

Message 265 of 893 (703 Views)

★★★ Novice
Counter to basilisk is air they cant shot air units
Message 266 of 893 (685 Views)

★★★ Novice
It's TRUE don't play the tournament unless your lvl 11 lol
Message 267 of 893 (684 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The only problem I've having so far is the MATCHMAKING, is annoying when u are paired a with a person with 2 level units ahead and u dont get the "challenge" bnus where u dont lose points.

This is WHY u game have been hammered with bad reviews and low rating in the store, because that makes C&C PAY TO WIN, u need to make sure that only teams with the same units level plays the classic way and when there's some one with 1 lvl ahead then half the lose points for the handicapped player and if there a gap of 2 level then, the low lvl player does not lose points and get double points if manage to win.

C&C is a old school RTS and everything revolves in the stats of the units u are playing with, that's why u can't expect somebody with a handicap gonna feel the match "fair" when there's people with the same exact unit with 1 or 2 level ahead of you.

Fix the damn P2W matchmaking and make it fair for everyone.

Message 268 of 893 (671 Views)

★★★ Newbie

A classic game with fine reputation that has been tarnished by this new play mode and ideology. I have been a great fan of C & C for ages and this new play mode takes away the joy of using wit to outclass the opponents on even playing ground.

The game-matching of one team against another team of 2 levels up is discouraging. The win rate is jus half the time and get even less when one proceed to higher levels. The units just get outclass and outmatch right at the start. The unit upgrades get harder and longer unless one is willing to spend on this game. 

As much as I derived much joy at the start of this addictive game, I have deleted the game for good.

Do hope that C & C can revive the classic play mode (Skirmish/Mission/Storyline). 

Message 269 of 893 (661 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have a problem with the matchmaking. I get put up against people either 2 levels higher than me or 2 levels below me. And it is really annoying when I either completely dominate the person or I am getting completely dominated. I just played someone who completely crushed me then I somehow played him again and even though I knew his tactic he still crushed me. I have level six cards and had level 8-9s. It was really annoying. Please do something about your matchmaking, maybe make it so I can only fight players with similar base and card levels not cards 2-3 levels higher or lower. 

Message 270 of 893 (639 Views)