Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by Lebellion

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Kanes obelisk just does too much damage to ground units. Either reduce the dps or the increase the cooldown or reduce the health. The only counter is air but air is easily countered by the cheapest units

Message 241 of 893 (748 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Alexander wrote:

Hey everyone,

To keep things in one place and easy to keep track of, we're encouraging you to share feedback regarding game balance and matchmaking in this thread.

So what's game balance? A couple of examples would be: unit balance, do matches seem fair and fun overall?

If you wish to leave general feedback regarding the game, you can always create a separate thread in the Game Information category. We promise not to miss any of it Wink

Kanes obelisk just does too much damage to ground units. Either reduce the dps or the increase the cooldown or reduce the health. The only counter is air but air is easily countered by the cheapest units

Message 242 of 893 (747 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
Kane's obelisk is strong against vehicles, but weak to air and infantry. if the obelisk attacks an infantry unit, it will only kill 1 model in the group.

When you see it pop up, pull your vehicles out of range and bring in infantry/air counters to hold your position and wait it out, or pressure the obelisk and take it down. It is a 120 tib investment, so odds are, your opponent is going to be poor if he casts the power.

You could also instead of pressuring the pads, instead put pressure on his harvester to bolster your own bank. Hope this helps!
Message 243 of 893 (737 Views)

★ Novice
I would rather see matchmaking using the player level and not the units level. I am at level 19 and played against level 50 something player. I think this is unfair!
Message 244 of 893 (708 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
The matchmaker uses neither. It currently matches you based on medal count. So the fact that you are playing a level 50 player at level 19 should show you that you are a strong player (or facing a really bad one)
Message 245 of 893 (687 Views)

★★★★ Novice

One unit i find completely unbalanced is the scarab. At least in the gold leagues the scarab can one shot pretty much every unit. Frankly every time i see a scarab appear i just disconnect since there is no counter for that unit other than ranged which there are too few and cost at least 3 - 4 times more.

The only way i found to beat scarabs is with anti infantry and ONLY  if you have already occupied adjacent tile. Making them the perfect unit to hold ground cos the only way to rid them is to sacrifice a unit in which case being so cheap you can already have a back up to take its place.

Some serious nerfs/redesign or just removal of scarabs needs to happen. Its a cancer unit that is ridiculously OP. A unit that cheap should not be able to one-shot the big units or any unit. Its basically impossible to counter.

Some nerfs that need to happen

1) reduce dps dramatically to the point where they dont one shot units.

2)slow attack speed so the other player can at least occupy the adjacent tile and attack. also dont have scarbs chase so if the player can move off the adjacent tile quick enough the scarab suicides on the tile leaving the opposing unit unharmed.

3)have them only attack ground not both ground and air. The fact they can hit both and are effective against both means there are no units to counter them and being so cheap can just have an endless supply of scarabs.

4)increase cost this will limit the use of scarabs making the choice of their target more deliberate rather then having as an incredibly cheap way to remove the other players units which cost way more and are more slow to produce.

Or

5)Just remove, replace with a better more enjoyful unit to play with/against. It is poorly designed/balanced unit.

Message 246 of 893 (667 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I laugh how many of you have not even mentioned the fact matches are not n the slightest fair or competitive. I believe this is because most of you played before recent patches and are at higher levels and don’t see this BS.

Im level 14 account, and I’m being put against people who have level 50 unlocks. How is that fair? It’s painfully obviouse a tactic to swindle more into packs. Why am I not being matched with similar levels (slight deviation for challenge)

this have left  me feeling bogged down on the game. I still have the original Red Alert, Command and Conquer, counterstrike, aftermath  and love going back to them. It reminds me of the potential. 

Message 247 of 893 (651 Views)

★★★★ Guide

ya the lower matches need to be player lvl not medal count bc someone who stopped playing a while ago and starts back up will have high lvls but not the medals is really unfair to new players 

Message 248 of 893 (634 Views)

★★★ Novice

Please Nerf the Harvester kills. I win the game always when I attack Harvesters first because it takes no skill to rush Harvesters you're taking away skill from the game when you buff the Harvester please Nerf the Harvester so we can see some skill in the game again Harvester kill should be like maybe 50 not a hundred this game shouldn't be all about taking Harvester's. Please respond back to me so I know somebody's listening this game's going to become trash real quick if you don't fix this

Message 249 of 893 (621 Views)

★★★ Novice

Please Nerf the Harvester kills. I win the game always when I attack Harvesters first because it takes no skill to rush Harvesters you're taking away skill from the game when you buff the Harvester please Nerf the Harvester so we can see some skill in the game again Harvester kill should be like maybe 50 not a hundred this game shouldn't be all about taking Harvester's. Please respond back to me so I know somebody's listening this game's going to become trash real quick if you don't fix this

Message 250 of 893 (622 Views)