Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by wwfyin

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

The chamical warriors needs 60 cost, but it is not stronger than flame troopers and shockwave troopers. Should it increase the effect on the infantry? for example, the poisoned infantry will reduce the attack power or attack speed, so I think it is reasonable.

Message 201 of 893 (771 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Just unlocking battles with and against NOD, they seem to have a big advantage.  The units they have vs troops are more effective and the units they have vs vehicles are too.  It doesnt seem to be something you can get around by focusing on any particular counter.  I am new and this could be 'user error'.

My first match as NOD, my opponent built 3 planes and wiped out all my units, nothing I made could bring down even a single unit, he won with just those 3 on the board and held me at 0 units.

Edit to add, it was the inferno.  The plane designated as a troop and building counter.  This plane is stronger against vehicles than any other anti vehicle.   This makes it's very hard to counter and only countered by air to air, I guess. I have not unlocked any air yo air yet, so hard to tell.

Message 202 of 893 (749 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Zone troops need to be either nurfed or cost waaaay more bc they are way too OP right now every GDI player i play against has them 

Message 203 of 893 (743 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok these are my thoughts, GDI is overpowered in this game.   They have tomany units that are Anti-Everything or are able to out-power things when they fight each other that are not designed to fight what the beat, despite that thing they beat being designed to kill what they were killed by.

Here is my list of issues with GDI

* THE DRONE, it cost 10 points to deploy, yet if it is the same level as the Venom Fighter it will have more health and damage output than the Venom Fighter, said Venom Fighter is worth 30 points to deploy in game.   NOD in most games are depicted being the best First Strike, Rush, faction, yet here its GDI and not just because of the Drone.   Also for some Reason, even the Phantom Fighter Interceptor has trouble shooting down the Drones, as do the Banshees.

* GDIs Missile Buggy, I can't remember its name, it can fire missiles and move, that is not the problem per say, but it is a better raider, rushing unit than anything NOD has, it doesn't fit with the canonical theme of these two factions.   I am not saying it should be nerfed, rather something on NODs side needs to be buffed or a new unit needs to be made so Rushing is someing NOD can do better.

* GDI Jet Pack troopers, same issue as the GDI Missile Buggy.  It is able to Rush at the start of the match and it can kill vehicles fast and avoid anti-infantry mostly.  It will rip apart Harvesters pretty fast.  Again, it in itself is not the issue, it however breaks the lore for NOD in that they should have the best Rushing unit.   The closest they have that compares to the Drone, the Missile Buggy, and the Jet Pack Trooper, is the NOD Missile Bike.   Its however dies very easily despite costing as much as the Missile Buggy, it feels more fragile than the Drones and they are 10 points to deploy, and even regular infantry or even the Drones can kill them fairly well.   Its damage output doesnt stack up with these things, minus the Drones vs vehicles.   The Bikes might need a Damage boost vs vehicles.

* GDI Disruptor Troopers.   Another theme with NOD is that they have the best Anti-Infantry / Anti-Building units, its been this way through all the games till now.   Now nether the Flame Troopers, nor the Black Hand with Chemical throwers can outfight the Disruptor Troopers, and excluding Tiberium gas being explodeable with a Tiberium Missile, doing heavy damage, the Disruptor Troopers appear to do more damage to buildings.   Also Black Hand should be the ones using Flame Throwers, only the Marked of Kane use Chemical Tiberium throwers.

* GDI Disruptor Tank.  I have noticed something extremely odd about this tank.  Despite it being labeld as "Anti-Infantry and Anti-Building" if one fights a Giga Cannon of the same level, it will defeat it.  The Giga Cannon is NODS equivalent of the Disruptor Tank, only it is an "Anti-Vehicle and Anti-Building" vehicle.  Theirs no reason, other than them not being the same level, that the vehicle that is an anti-vehicle would lose to a vehicle that is anti-infantry.

* GDI Sandstorm...... This is one of the worst vehicle in this game,  it is labeled as an "Anti-Vehicle and Anti-Aircraft vehicle" yet the way it fights, it is an anti-everything vehicle.   The game allows it to fight three vehicles all at once, I guess thats not that big of deal, except the game mechanics also boasts the damage of everything it is attacking by 10% for everything it is firing at, so between 20%-30% damage boost, infantry do not survive this thing, alone or not, and it appears that when it attacks the enemy base, that it gets to count as attacking it three times with the full damage boost.   At the very least, take away its damage boost it gets for fighting more than one enemy, it already is getting the benefit of fighting 3 enemies all at once.   Also allow anti-vehicle infantry to actually be a threat to it.

* GDI Zone Trooper.   You made an infantry unit that is so powerful that it is also an Anti-Everything unit.  Despite it being labeled an "anti-vehicle and anti-aircraft infantry" it outfights specialized anti-infantry infantry like Flame Troopers and Black Hand Chemical Troopers.  I have found no hard counter for them  The only thing that can kill them fast, the Hellfire Heavy Bomber from NOD, it will nearly die attacking the Zone Trooper, the other counter is the Basilisk, but that only works if you throw NOD infantry in-front of the Basilisk to use as a shield from their attacks.  Tehy also self heal when not in combat, that is more of a NOD thing with their Cyborgs if they are in Tiberium.

I can't comment on the level 14 and 15 GDI units.

As for NOD, theirs a couple that could use a boost.

* NOD Basilisk Heavy Fighter, in the lore it is also an Anti-Fighter Interceptor, it could destroy all ground and air units,  it should be like this again.  The Venom Fighter should be able to Dogfight also, maybe give it that ability to make up for the fact Drones are superior in everyway at this point.

* If you can't make the NOD Basilisk how it was, please make a variant of the Phantom that has Anti-Air Laser Cannons that are similar to the C&C: Rivals Basilisk Laser Cannons only it only targets Air units.

OTHER ISSUES

Theres been plenty of times I have lost to people that are a higher rank than me and also higher level both character and ranking and yet If I beat them, I only get 15 points, or if I lose, I lose 25 points in my rank.

Message 204 of 893 (708 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So ... i leveled up my drones just to have fun and try this Solomon + Drone thing, but ... its so unfair.

I did like 10 games this way and won 9 without even trying (the guy i lost to also used Solomon + Drone but their drones were better).

I won the games but ... i feel bad by winning this way. Its unfair. You can deploy drones faster than the oponent can kill them.

You can counter this by killing the Solomon harvesters and also going for the nuke, but still, many people fall in despair when they see legions of drones going for them no stop and cant play properly.

Please Dev team. Nerf the drones ASAP. I even heard of people that got to Tib league by just spamming drones.

Message 205 of 893 (696 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also I think the loot boxes are broken, I have hundreds of leader cards, but all the other blue grade cards I am getting next to none of.  I have gone through around 30, I just turned level 14 a couple hours ago and My Basilisk is still level 5, while I can make all my leaders rank 9 or 10 because I am getting jack loads of leader cards.  

Message 206 of 893 (686 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Also all the daily Blue cards are nothing but leaders.

Message 207 of 893 (683 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The difference between drones and venoms is simple. Drones lose significant damage pretty fast as you start knocking them out of the sky. Venom loses no damage after being damaged. Drones are a nuisance but are easily dispatched by rocket or laser troops. 

There are always things to be adjusted in the game but what I see right now is pretty balanced. I think talons should get their health back up. Jumpjet troops should see a health reduction or maybe a speed reduction when they start taking damage.

Air units should also see slight damage from ground explosions that come from artillary and juggernauts. I guess you could call it splash damage.

All in all EA is doing an amazing job responding to our feedback and trying to balance the game out as best as possible.

Message 208 of 893 (660 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Its not balanced, GDIs equivalent units I mentioned above are better when they shouldn't be. The only good counter to them is just to use GDI vs GDI and that shouldn't be how it should. The Disruptor tank shouldn't have a fast turret ether.

The Drone has a lot more hit points and do more damage, it losing power over time from damage and being 10 points to deploy vs the Venoms 30 is not balanced, its still very much in the GDI favor, and if they feel like it, it is much easier to replace than the Venom is.
Message 209 of 893 (645 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Drones ... balanced ? ... ... Ok ...

Message 210 of 893 (639 Views)