Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by Mavster07

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@Art0fRu1n

Infantry counter Jumpjet's, extremely hard. Once you've defended your harvester push to take the platforms and position your infantry in a way so that when he tries to dash past the jumpjets will lose half their health and keep one infantry near the harvester if any manage to get by. Jumpjets are a squad unit, this means as they lose health, they lose damage. If you kill two of them in the squad they just lost 50% of their damage potential.

I don't know how you think they're winning the battle, if it takes them 2 jumpjets to finally kill your harvester, they didn't get ahead since they spent 100 to gain 100, they simply managed to recover from their failed/overcommitted rush. If their rush is failing, you should be focusing on making sure their economy stays shut down by getting a tank out for the sole purpose of targeting their harvester if they try to build one.

Message 151 of 893 (1,141 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I can second this all units should be available and play time is required to level them up. I have to purposely lose two battles to gain enough fuel to order a convoy we're then I have to lose two more battles so I can get the Convoy timer down to 4 hours.
Message 152 of 893 (1,131 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm in the Top 50 and play against the highest ranked players in the game. I have some concerns about the scaling of unit levels at the higher levels. As levels on units get higher and higher, the relative difference in power per level seems to get more noticeable. The handful of times I've encountered players with level 9 units, those units had a distinct advantage against level 8. This creates some really frustrating imbalances when the units in question are the kind with a slow rate of fire but high damage. A few examples where level variance has an outsize effect on gameplay are things like:

GDI Talon needing 4 hits from a lower level Talon, but killing lower level with 3 hits. This is enough of an imbalance that it more than negates defensive advantage because Talons fire so slowly. It goes, You hit, I hit, You hit, I hit, You hit (my talon survives with a sliver of life), I hit (yours dies). And now my surviving Talon will guaranteed get a shot off when you come to fight, and I'll do 1/3rd damage to your Talon before it finishes me. In practice this means each of my talons is like 167% of your talons, because of a slight level difference. Unreal.

The interaction between Stealth Tanks and Pitbulls is also out of whack with levels, given the Stealth Tank has a massive delay between salvos. A level difference is the difference between if my Stealth Tank can kill a Pitbull in a single volley, or leaves the Pitbull slightly alive, at which point the Pitbull can kill the Stealth Tank before it can reload.

As the game continues this gets more an more frustrating. It's not really that rewarding of a feeling if I smash somebody because I know how to abuse a level difference I have over them - I want to win because I outplay them, not because my same-cost unit is 150% more effective than theirs.

Message 153 of 893 (1,114 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I haven't had a chance to go through this whole thread, but I want to bring up the Obelisk. It seems very overpowered to me. It has a very long duration and health. It's the only power I've seen that can even have two deployed at once. Combine that with the range, power, and that it can be placed right against the control tiles, it's something that can entirely control a match without rival. The only counter is air units, which themselves seem to be generally easily countered.

Message 154 of 893 (1,068 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Iniquus85

Kane is in a weird spot right now because of how the meta splits out at different player levels. At lower player levels he's amazing because you tend to have slower less pressured games where 150 is a laughable cost anyone can hit. Up at the top Kane sees no play (outside havoc who doesn't count because she almost never makes obelisks and just likes Kane :P) because 150 is a meaningful cost, obelisks are completely worthless when you fall behind, and aren't particularly hard to kill on even footing given that you just spent 150 to build an obelisk while I built 2-3 other units to overwhelm it...

I've long said the obelisk should have more places it can be put on maps, cost 120, and not be able to have multiples. The last bit isn't actually relevant at my level, but it sure seems to matters at yours.

I'd suggest you go over to the replay thread here, watch some higher level games, and see exactly how much pressure there is, obelisks aren't playable for us, tech units are fairly rare outside of dedicated liang builds (which are already a bit iffy with the epic unit problem going on), really a lot of dealing with these things is more in your mindset and how you approach the game than in what counter you should use, obelisks die to most things, be that air units they can't hit, a cat missile from Jade, an ion cannon blast, flame troopers/mlrs who take them down in seconds, or a sheer crush of tanks and other "weak to obelisk" units that just overrun them because the obelisk takes forever to fire and your opponent has a unit disadvantage when they make one due to the cost. I'm honestly surprised much of this strategy hasn't trickled down further to render Kane worthless across more levels

Message 155 of 893 (1,046 Views)

★★★ Novice

The balance issue I have been seeing is the lack of units available early on for GDI to counter structures. Right now if you are playing Kane under NOD and are pitted against pretty much any GDI character you will just about reign supreme every time because of his ability

Message 156 of 893 (1,014 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hey I have a issue having to waste 3 hours for a common crate and wasting fuel on them the time it takes to get a crate should vary depending upon the level of the crate and the amount of fuel used please take this idea into consideration I am sure that many others feel the same also why would I waste gems on a common crate

Message 157 of 893 (1,000 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Been playing about a month now and realize I've wasted a month of my life. Literally everything in this game needs balancing. Matcmaking, unit counters, and ESPECIALLY harvester health. It's far too easy to rush them right away in the game, every time. Great strategy. I just went up against someone nearly 1k medals above me. Wtf??? In the future update, IF I win I get double? How is that even possible when his buggies can kill my bikes? Next guy I go against only uses bikes and kills everything I send, including scorpions and my lasers. Than just sits outside my base, not holding platforms or attacking, simply trolling. Great strategy, use cheap attack bikes to kill everything. I haven't been able to progress beyond 1400 medals for a week because of these absurd freakin matchups and I'm calling it quits. Maybe a year from now you'll have a true strategy game, but right now strategy doesn't win you anything, bum rushing harvesters and outleveling your opponent does. It's frustrating, a waste of time, and 0 percent fun. Never thought I'd ever say this, but I'm uninstalling a C&C game.

Message 158 of 893 (980 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I feel somewhere in between 2nd tier and 3rd tier there is an overpower imbalance sometimes.

www.randyramsinghol.webs.com

Message 159 of 893 (959 Views)

★★★★ Guide
ya im getting to that point now. No matter what i do i loose and its usually by some one who is about 4-600 pt difference and it sucks and if i do win i dont get double the pts either
there is zero balance here
Message 160 of 893 (944 Views)