Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by Cloudfromff7

Original Post

★★★ Novice
The Ion Cannon is outclassed by Obelisk, which is permanent. Make Ion Cannon cheaper perhaps.

Also, GDI turret shouldnt hit air vehicles.
Message 31 of 893 (6,136 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I noticed an issue with matchmaking also. It goes without saying its still being worked on. Yesterday (6/14/18) i moved to rank 3 and the first match was with a player that was a much higher level then me. But i still managed to defeat him. I still dont know how this was possible, and it wasnt the issue of him not being able to build units.

Message 32 of 893 (6,140 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm new at this game, but after reviewing the battles I seem to always be at a disadvantage when i win and lose. i lose about ten in a row then i win one  simply by speed at which i make units. it's a bit annoying when i win then lose almost all of the credits. I seem to have to still buy a unit or creates to get ahead but it never works. I'm just digging a deeper whole for my self by making things more expensive, and i just hate spending so much  on it just to be put at a disadvantaged scenario. I mean, units aren't maching up that well. one thing is that the level of commander is not the same sometimes. things like a progressed unit and a level certainly seperates the weak players.

Message 33 of 893 (6,114 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't play these kinds of games at all. I'm slowly learning, but I feel like one unit is just way too strong and that is the Zone Troopers. They decimate all artillery units and aren't very vulnerable to infantry at least at lower levels. Anyone know any good counters to them? I have yet to run into anything else that swings a match as insanely as they do

Message 34 of 893 (6,100 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@JadeXyan you're definitely welcome to construct pylons in my alliance, if you'd like. 

Really, I looked at the patch notes (or at least the rough outline) and I think that's what needs to be changed now. I really don't have enough experience creating or programming mobile games but I hate to breakn the news to anyone not liking the leveling and card obtaining model...but that's pretty much how it's gotta be. Not enough people would do a flat purchase of the game unless it actually gets at the command and conquer fans hearts by being much larger scale. Also, it's a mobile game. No one buys mobile games, they put some money here or there (or a LOT of money) into them or they just play them for free. The mobile model is meant to keep you playing for a long time, or spend money to have to play it less time.

I generally just feel there needs to be more unit choices for both GDI and NOD. Obviously, that's something that will come in time...but as for now there just isn't enough to work with while things exist like cyborgs and sandstorms. Those units are basically the backbone of each army in cross matches, and zone troopers in GDI mirrors and of course, cyborgs in GDI mirrors. 

I think an Alliance vs Alliance game mode (choose 5 players vs 5 players or 2v2) something could be implemented at a later date...or so I am hoping Wink

How about an ability to queue for a competitive match (which gives you points) or friendly match which doesn't...or to go even deeper select which army you'd like to face in a match OR even make a public game lobby with ability to join....so many...ideas........pylons

Message 35 of 893 (6,088 Views)

★ Guide
I'd love to join you @Cloudfromff7 but your alliance is full.

Anyway, getting on for the first time this morning to test matchmaking after what I presume was the hotfix given the medal drop and gem compensation. All is good so far, matching against 1000+ folks, nice to be able to have some somewhat fair matches again and actually see how stuff performs.

As to what Cloud is saying about army backbones, as you unlock more things those backbones change a bit for GDI, I don't run sandstorms because MRLS and Kodiaks combined seem to be a better choice, I admit I haven't unlocked zone troopers, but I don't feel I need them anymore (lower medal levels you do though), what I need right now is an anti-infantry answer to cyborgs and enemy zone troopers, which I'm really hoping snipers will be once I finally unlock them, though the patch should also help there in slowing them down a bunch there and cyborgs are getting a nice nerf.

In other news I'm not sure I like stealth tanks, they don't hit that hard and are basically made of paper, the cloak is nice though. This said, I'm hoping and betting that they get a bit more useful next patch since they just don't stack up against any lab/temple unit, but with those getting delayed they may yet carve out a niche.

@Kolarik yeah sorry about that, stopped getting matched against high level folks yesterday, it was really annoying on my end too so I reported it here and they got a hotfix out, which seems to be working, though I'm not back up to the level at which it really started in full force yet. Also I'm a girl for future reference :P

@Darkness1342 Zone Troopers aren't too strong so much as they lack a good low medal counter from GDI, which is why I hope they'll either lower the player level requirement for snipers (which I assume are the counter) or add a flametrooper equivalent like say grenadiers or disc throwers for GDI.
Message 36 of 893 (6,065 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
This is my exact beef with this game. Match making is already a bust, and will end up that way. I am also getting people who are able to create units quicker than me, and by the time I have 1 squad out, they have a second on the way, and it's not me being slow, as I have pushed how quick I click stuff.
Message 37 of 893 (6,079 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

something is wrong with these picture. eh! they built a unit and a barracks at the same time.

Message 38 of 893 (6,065 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@MayorBigthe barracks doesn't cause a cooldown and you already have a harvester and infantry out so that is perfectly doable, nothing there would cause them to have a cooldown, unless I'm misunderstanding and you're the blue player.

Message 39 of 893 (6,064 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

thanks. but i still lose.

anyways. user match ups in tiers would great in match making. instead of points matching. for win and loses they work, but feel that if i progress into a tier i would be in a smaller group or class.

Message 40 of 893 (6,053 Views)