Re: Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

by Cloudfromff7

Original Post

Game Balance and Matchmaking - We want your feedback!

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone,

To keep things in one place and easy to keep track of, we're encouraging you to share feedback regarding game balance and matchmaking in this thread.

So what's game balance? A couple of examples would be: unit balance, do matches seem fair and fun overall?

If you wish to leave general feedback regarding the game, you can always create a separate thread in the Game Information category. We promise not to miss any of it Wink

Message 1 of 893 (49,068 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The most noticeable balance issue I've seen so far is the GDI sandstorm. In fact, I would go as far to say that it's already become the meta for GDI games. The fast attack speed means it can out-class any other vehicle up to a Titan. Throw in the lack of strong infantry counters for it, and the absence of air units at low level play and it quickly becomes clear that it needs a balance patch. 

The other balance issue I've noted, and is also being discussed in another thread, is the fact that you can use units like the GDI pitbull to cheese the game. Since the pitbull can move while attacking and you can only ever have one unit on a tile, you can simply move it back and forwards on a capture point, ensuring the enemy has a difficult time taking the point or even destroying the pitbull in general (as the other enemy unit can't fire while chasing after the pitbull)

Message 2 of 893 (48,891 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

There may be a balance issue in regards to the Titan unit (at least in GDI vs. GDI). Rocket infantry are seemingly the only readily available counter to titans but are easily outmatched. At current damage rates I don't see how teams without air units or titans can really beat\stalemate titan swarmers.

A very simple fix could be adding an air unit as a basic unlock as a hard counter, forcing titan swarmers to have to deploy anti-air. Or even just reducing titan damage to infantry, leaving the titan intact as a hard counter to vehicles but allowing teams to counter the titan with rocket infantry.

It just seems like titan functions outside of the balance mold the rest of the (admittedly non-epic, specifically GDI) units are tuned for. Maybe I'm wrong and rarer epics are meant to be a haves\nots divider for league purposes? That would explain why titan seems to break the R\P\S mold since very few players seem to have epic units that aren't sandstorm at this point.

Message 3 of 893 (48,882 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've been enjoying the game very much! The sandstorm is very tough but that's why it costs so much. I'm excited to actually be playing against other people I like that over the Dawn of Titans I've been playing lately. I do wish there was a way to play against my friends but otherwise I like it!
Message 4 of 893 (48,851 Views)

★★★ Newbie
In terms of matchmaking, maybe it's because I level my card up high, but I'm going against people well over 100 points higher than me. People with higher level cards that can sit on points an out level anything I can try to counter with. It makes it difficult as someone who enjoys the leveling up concept but is slow to figure the late gameplay.
Message 5 of 893 (48,831 Views)

★★★ Novice
The MRLS is WAY TOO OP. I does too much damage against infantry to use them to counter, is fast, and literally hits every unit type hard. It needs to have way less HP if its going to be a glass canon. Right now its just a canon.
Message 6 of 893 (48,801 Views)

★★★ Novice
Can you block the GDI turret from hitting air vehicles? Air vehicles are useless at the moment because of this.
Message 7 of 893 (48,795 Views)

★★★ Novice
Just like the MLRS, the Zone Troopers are perfect. Remove their ability to hit air units. They have no weakness right now and hit everything powerfully!
Message 8 of 893 (48,791 Views)

★ Novice
Yeah I agree what the majority of people have said already. The Sandstorm is simply too good at the moment. It eats pretty much anything in its path and simply outmuscles any potential counters. Infantry is no match, it shreds through even Predator Tanks with two volleys. If its going to do a lot of damage, tweak its HP so other units have a fighting chance, or decrease its attack speed substantially, as the time between volleys is ruthless.
Message 9 of 893 (48,776 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
So not only is the sandstorm really good, cyborgs are even better. In fact cyborgs wreck almost every single GDI unit. The problem I've come across being at a high rating is I can't customize army to counter units my build is weak to because I simply can't obtain the units needed. I have to basically just sit and wait now and hope that my daily boxes contain new units.
Message 10 of 893 (48,738 Views)