Re: Galactic War difficulty

by BucMan55

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

You’ve only seen one impossible GW battle?  How long have you played and how much have you spent on this game?

Message 51 of 55 (1,086 Views)

★★ Guide
I'm wondering if your shard has anything to do with the difficulty of Galactic War. I used to have trouble too, but after I beat it and when the nerf came, I could blow through it.
Message 52 of 55 (1,024 Views)

★★★ Novice
Tough? You're kidding. Right?
Message 53 of 55 (1,006 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. I'm currently playing on a new, second account. On my first run at level 40 I was facing level 72 - 74 (!!!) characters with 7 stars and purple gear. On node 3, mind you, not one of the final nodes. This makes it impossible to earn the necessary tokens to level up essential, GW Store exclusive characters such as Garazeb Orrelios. I've documented it here on the SWGOH forums in more detail: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/187164/gw-is-definitely-broken-7-level-72...

Also, regarding similar problems on my main account in recent weeks: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1684070#Comment_1684070

This is especially irksome when you've invested a good deal of money to improve your roster early on for GW, raids, and the Arena, which I did on both accounts. It doesn't really encourage additional purchases when roster improvements make the game impossibly hard rather than a little easier (although it is my understanding that this also happens to F2P players). Please look into this. It takes all fun out of the game and bricks important game mechanics like farming GW Store-exclusive character shards.

Message 54 of 55 (826 Views)

★★ Novice

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Forums

I have posted here in the bug reports as well as the SWGOH forums Galactic War section.

Something happened to Galactic War during an update back at the end of September or beginning of October.  Before that time, the old strategies of use multiple teams to get turn meter and don't rely on one team to slog thru it were golden.  I started playing in march and got into GW in April.  From that time I never had an issue with a team of raw power so much more than mine.  I'm not talking about zetas, synergy(lost to many a phoenix squads, but at least the GP was in similar range to mine), or that sort of thing.  The 5 guys I was going against always had power within the ballpark of what I was supposed to be facing.  I have several accounts that I use over different devices, as well as several family members who play SWGOH.  I have seen close to 1000 Galactic War campaigns in that time, and never did I see teams with this much raw power over what the account in question should be facing. My primary account(phone) got the full 150 GW completions before I hit level 80, and I hit level 85 in November.  I know how to complete GWs.  Something happened.

We know from the devs that the GW algorithm uses your top 5 characters in terms of stat power. It is an outdated metric, but both teams(your top 5 and the opponent on the GW battle) use the same metric. 

We also know from research that your first battle should be about 60% of your top 5. Battle 12 is around 115%.  These numbers were achieved thru dozens of GW campaigns so it isn't a small sample size.

Since October we have been seeing teams 150% or more of your top 5 starting on battle 1 all the way thru Battle 12.

To reiterate:  It isn't about synergy, OP toons from a character kit perspective, zetas/omegas, but raw power(gear, stars, levels)

When you are level 50 and have mostly G5 and G6 going against gear 7 or 8 level 70 teams you will lose.  This should not be happening. 

Message 55 of 55 (729 Views)