Re: Galactic War difficulty is too hard now

by Slushie83

Original Post

Galactic War difficulty is too hard now

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Hi guys. Some thoughts about Galactic War balance (according to the last two days of challenging this event).

It's very, very disappointing for me. As I understand, opponents for GW are selected by power of their Arena teams now. And that team power equals to sum of powers of five your best (most powerful) characters. Now, having 47 lvl and team of four 4* and one 5* characters, I have got opps with 52-54 lvl (and 7th tier of equipment of course against my 5th-6th). Almost impossible to beat them. And the reason is star 'weight' in power. One star 'weights' 100 power, as same as ten additional levels of character. But ten additional levels give me way more battle effectiveness (due to higher tier equipment I could use at the first and more improved character skills at the second) then one additional star.

There is all about shards in the game, right? So why I need to spend game resources or even real money to obtain shards if I couldn't use them efficiently?

Please, do some rebalance into opponents selection for GW, focusing on player's level instead of team power. Or just reduce star 'weight' to more realistic values.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 21 (1,622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice
This is basically every fight I have. I fight tooth and nail, often taking two runs and using ALL my good characters only to see another wave of this waiting for me.
It's not even worth it for me, I can't win enough to get any sort of rewards, it's basically a walled off area to me...

What I expected was steadily increasing difficulty, like say the level of campaign bosses going up, in a sort of "see how far you can get" but making the rewards add up over victories (basically what is meant to happen, judging by how pitiful the rewards are for each individual stage from what I have seen)
Message 2 of 21 (1,569 Views)

★★ Guide

Same on most days for me also. I get knocked out in the first or second round. Haven't made any real progress in over two days.

Message 3 of 21 (1,555 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I think its the same for all of us. I meet lvl 60 oponents and if lucky can win 2 battles. I think its to difficult. I dont mind going up against strong players at first, but if their all going to be like this some heavy healing is needed.

Still early tho, im sure this isnt the last update galactic war will get Standard smile

Message 4 of 21 (1,538 Views)

★ Guide

I've been stuck on the 3rd round for the last 3 days.

It's really starting to get frustrating at this point as it's very unfair that the enemy team seems to get the first attack most of the time. When the whole enemy team attacks first and they all have aoe I usually lose a team member before I even get to do anything. Either that or I'm severely disadvantaged from the start as my whole team is already half health or less and my healer won't be able to make his move before someone (or they) dies. Disappointed

I hope the data analysis for Galactic Wars that Aaron mentioned in another post happens soon so they can see how imbalanced the current system is and tweak it accordingly. 

I don't mind not being able to finish a whole GW campaign but I'd like to be able to at least get past more than just the first 2 rounds with my team.

Message 5 of 21 (1,537 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Definitely needs some balancing. Would be great if a dev could comment on what their plan is with this mode. Today I completed the GW as all the opposing teams were 15-20 levels below me. I didn't even lose a single character. The last two days, I couldn't get past the 2nd battle, as the enemy teams were +/- 2 levels of me. Seems like a very big variation.

Message 6 of 21 (1,505 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Lets not forget they are basically all Promoted and as someone who is focusing more on getting more people (For unlocking reasons) than promoting everything infinitely, so even when they are slightly lower level, they're usually all 1 star ahead of me across the board. :/

Message 7 of 21 (1,498 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Being in the Top 5 of Squad Arena for a while now and having the attached collection of characters, I haven't gotten past the 3rd battle in 3 days. Always being matched up with another Top 5 player each round. An impossible task.
Message 8 of 21 (1,480 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Just after I posted above I cleared the board. It's not the kind of strategy this feature should require, but here's an option. If you're matched against a Squad of similar strength consider throwing the first battle by putting in 1 high HP character and 4 that are not part of your primary party. The opponent will waste his Specials on fodder and then you come in 2nd battle with your heavy hitters.
Message 9 of 21 (1,477 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Nice list you got the Klyven, don't think you can set the baseline tho, you've probably spent half the GNP of Russia to get there (no pun intended).

However I do agree the difficult is way to much fluxuating. One day its easy, next day its impossible. Its like someone is reading these posts, when people say its hard they lower it, when people admitt its to easy, they adjust it up again. 

Wish there was a official post on this one soon, its impossible to give feedback on something which is always changing, yet even more frustating attempting to play a game which randomly changes each passing day.  Something which others also have pointed out previously.

Message 10 of 21 (1,428 Views)