GW3/Neighborville wishlist

by Iron_Guard8

Original Post

GW3/Neighborville wishlist

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Per the discussion @spIash_damage and I had the other day, time for this post! I think we've posted this kind of thing before but why not have a new one?

My main personal wishlist (also posted on Reddit):

-The ability to buy more than 1 sticker pack at a time.

-Improved UI for selecting abilities and customizations.

-Better balancing, both within the variants of classes and when compared to others.

-Let us save loadouts, especially for upgrades and abilities but expanding it to include savable customizations for fast swapping would be ideal.

-Don't launch it with so many issues. GW2 had a lot of problems at launch that drove many away.

-Bring back the GW1 maps and add more.

-More support over a longer duration; we haven't had much new in some time and more content would keep the game livelier. I don't expect to be flooded in content, but new maps, stickers, variants, etc., keeps players coming back and interested.

-Not sure what kind of level system we'll have in the new game, but don't have us hit the cap and have XP count for nothing like in GW2. Even a lesser reward for being at cap and getting more XP would be preferred. Having no cap in the first place wouldn't bother me at all either.

-Keep the Backyard Battleground or a variant of it and greatly expand it. My number one favorite part of GW2 is the battleground.

-Bring back all the customizations we have and expand it. I miss some of the zombie weapon skins from GW1 especially.

-Give us back all the old consumables and add more.

Message 1 of 8 (975 Views)

Re: GW3/Neighborville wishlist

Champion (Retired)

I’m a simple man.  Buying more than one sticker pack at a time, or the way it was in GW1.  And I’m good.  

Character balancing more often would be nice.  I think whoever test the characters should be fired.  Well maybe not fired... but if I had a sit down with them in a room, I’d certainly be locking the door and be the only person with a key.  

Message 2 of 8 (941 Views)

★★★★ Guide

My wishlist is simple: never restrict GW3/Neighborville to Online-Only. It's that simple.

Message 3 of 8 (917 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Thanks for taking the time to post!

If I can post my list before the game launches, I will.  BUSY me these days.

=[

Message 4 of 8 (884 Views)

★ Guide

add the ability to access Quest Board from Multiplayer instead of having to return to backyard

Message 5 of 8 (859 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

To add to it, a couple things that I feel would really help;

-Deal with cheaters more quickly and more harshly. Apparently Zpocalypse, a solid PC player that was in at least a couple of Zack Scott's videos, and I've played a few matches with them as well, switched to Xbox One over this problem. This really needs to be reigned in, and it leads into my next wishlist item...

-Cross-play. It's becoming more and more common; Paladins does it, I think Fortnite does as well, and some other games either are talking about it or have already done it, and this would really help with population if we were 1 big pool instead of 3 small ones. Some issues need to be addressed, especially the cheaters I mention above, but also the controls and the like, but it would be excellent to have once these were ironed out.

Message 6 of 8 (782 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Iron_Guard8 Backyard Battleground is a cool place, but the starting points are too close together. One could virtually ignore the side areas of the map (the vast perimeter) and just fight in the courtyard/park area. I'd love to see some AI fights in the different neighborhoods, areas, etc.
Message 7 of 8 (729 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Buck_Eastwood Agreed! If the backyard was larger (and I've posted before about how I thought they were going to expand on based on the construction equipment working outside the boundaries) it could be even better than it is. We never have had enough spots for our decorations, especially the epic ones, and having more stuff to do and over a larger area would be fantastic.

Message 8 of 8 (703 Views)