Re: GW 3 Character Ability suggestion/Nameplate Suggestion

by AceB011

Original Post

GW 3 Character Ability suggestion/Nameplate Suggestion

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

What we need in Garden Warfare is more customization.

More "This is a unique build for characters."

More "I decided to pick this upgrade and even though it isn't the most damaging, I can stand a chance because it's swanky and slick".

More "They didn't know this was coming but here it is".

More "Everyone is max level but there is no real cookie cutter because I chose my favorite ability".

More "I feel unique compared to everyone else"

Let me hit you with the suggestion so you get my example.

When you reach max level (Master) you should unlock a SINGLE SLOT ability upgrade that will modify one of your three active skills. Since I'm not on the payroll for EA I'll just smack ya with a top of the head ideal; You have three abilities, yeah? That's AMPLE room to improve with a Master level unlock of one perk per ability, which of course you can only have one active at a time. Also, MAKE SURE players cannot switch this ability upgrade while a match is in progress, to ensure no one can take advantage of all three ability upgrades.

Let's use Cactus for my example.

Pick between:

Improved Potato Mines (Your generic 25% cooldown reduction for any mine skill you're using),

Improved Garlic Drone (Your Garlic Drone can now drop Potato Nugget Mines with the middle skill, which will expend your uses of mines. This will remove the Corn Strike ability),

Improved Tallnuts (All Tallnuts gain a 50% increase to health.)

(All three unlocked at Max Level. Give you that special happy fuzzy feeling inside. "I GOT HOW MANY UPGRADES?!" then find out you can only have one at a time, hahahaha)

The custom ability upgrade will be a "4th slot" upgrade that is seperate from your usual Health/Damage/Ammo/Reload/Health regen upgrade, so it will not mess with whatever you have or cause you to change how you usually kit yourself out.

This will ensure more customization without the cost to previous customizations people have fallen in love with in terms of needing a speed or health boost.

Picking between these three would be a chore, and ultimately would bring much, much more fun to the diversity in the crowd. These abilities are an example of unmotivated NON PAID suggestion :P, since I have no access to the white board in a meeting room where I can pitch more smoothly the benefits of it all, they are placed at % extremes and should be considered unfair to start.

I could give you better % numbers that would seem more fair and negligible but it's just not in the books! I have so many ideas for this game that it's merely a constructive idea to place more significant customization to the types of characters you see in-game. EA would be in charge of making truly balanced upgrades for this suggestion.

Discuss it at your own whimsy because opinions are the lifeblood of any forum, just remember that constructive criticism doesn't involve burying an idea... simply trimming the fat to create a lean piece of steak that makes your mouth water. I would also like to remind those with torches for flaming and burning ideas to the ground that if you deny yourself extras and more customization, your short-change yourself in the long run with less entertaining prospects.

Now for the NAME PLATE suggestion? Before you abandon GW 2 completely and decide to bank solely on your next installment, you MUST give us ability to pick and choose between our nameplates. This is a simple fix by submitting a final update which grants every variant an extra 10 levels (Super Master or however you want to name it), have it be a Scrumptious plate that's all Scruptiously Rainbowy, but also allow us to pick and choose between nameplates to display (Nameplate Image only, keep the rank name static so people know what they are dealing with. I.E: "Super Master" name.... rank plate is Bronze or Gold however)

These little things matter when it comes to reaching the end of your game. The more you can outfit, customize and enjoy (That isn't just apparel), the more we as players feel we have control over how we look and style on the other players so to speak. (Lol styling on other players.... like an across the map Market Gardener Rocket Jump kill, or a Call of Duty group grenade frag Confused So stylish... just imagine a Zombie Stink Grenade that explodes after the duration is done.)

Thanks EA! I really hope you can bring this to the table, because I want Gem nameplates so bad it makes me do a dance in my chair. Since however you DID require a Max Rank to get the Unicorn Chomper in your last installment... well I kinda just take the Master rank over the Gem plates. ._. Regretfully. 20k coins I would pay PER CHARACTER VARIANT to have that Gem plate back with Master title.

(P.S. I no longer have complaints about Tank Commander. If it takes 3 Direct Hits from a Iron Citron to waylay a soldier, then it should take 3 from a Tank Commander to Waylay a Peashooter. +xp me if you agree with these ideas!)

Message 1 of 6 (969 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

One thing to bear in mind when you start making suggestions for additional Upgrades, alternate abilities or brand new "perks" which modify other things is that all of that stuff, while it may sound cool and awesome to use, has an effect on game balance and some new alternate abilities might sound really cool but might wind up being not-so-great in practice when they get properly balanced.

Just as an example, Arcane Lotus, which was released not to long ago sounds great as an idea; since Rose has the damaging Arcane Enigma ability why not give an alternate ability which heals? I like that as an idea and I was excited to try it out, but I quickly learned that it wasn't as valuable to me as the original ability or even as handy as it sounded in theory.

At the time Arcane Lotus was introduced I had given up on using Arcane Enigma as an offensive ability and instead relied upon it as an escape option to retreat. While I might use it's attack to vanquish spawns of Browncoats the low damage couldn't be counted on to save you in a dicey situation in Multiplayer or with any of the beefier AI Zombie Heroes or Bosses.

So the idea of having a version of that ability which would allow me to escape from bad situations and which would have the side benefit of healing team mates was immediately appealing and I jumped straight in to trying it out.

It was quickly made obvious that the Lotus ability was useless as an escape option because Rose receives a movement penalty when using it and it does not last for an equal amount of time; not only could you not travel far enough or fast enough to get away from a threat but you couldn't even manage to keep pace or catch up with team mates who might need healing. To make matters worse the ability described as transforming Rose into a "Being of pure Healing Energy" can't manage to heal Rose herself- the one factor which would make the movement penalty and shorter time limit truly worthwhile.

I really wanted this to be an ability which I embraced wholeheartedly because the concept was really sound but instead I never use Arcane Lotus in Multiplayer because the ability is to limited in actual usefulness and by taking up my very useful Arcane Enigma escape option it's actually a detriment. Instead I use it only occasionally in Garden Ops when the team has no Sunflower and I want to contribute as a Healer without being a Sunflower or using my Heal Flower Pots.

Message 2 of 6 (938 Views)

★ Guide

You make a good point on the balancing issue, but I dream of a PvZ Garden Warfare where our characters are fully customizeable. Since we can't change pants and shirts yet I suppose we'd be pretty far off from having morphable abilities.

Message 3 of 6 (921 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't like the idea of having customizable abilities like that honestly I like the abilities now where there are 3 but some can be swapped out

Message 4 of 6 (880 Views)

★★★★ Guide

In blooming heart season i lost 150 bunches of seeds ,season rewards i went ea to retarn them to me now ,because i need them so much .

Message 5 of 6 (600 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Saeed_bloverall good with what you're asking.. but this is PvZ GW2 section not PvZ2 mobile or android version one.. secondly, the post is outdated from May 2017..

Message 6 of 6 (581 Views)