GDI - completely inferior to NOD

by vandja1

Original Post

GDI - completely inferior to NOD

★★ Newbie

I have played thousands of matches and I am ranked in the top 1% in both GDI and NOD.  I just want to say that the NOD has such an advantage with the type of weapons you can use that it is almost impossible to win with the GDI.  EA needs to even the playing field. Its so lopsided its stupid.  There is also an obvious rise in players cheating with no way to truly report them. 

Message 1 of 23 (854 Views)

Re: GDI - completely inferior to NOD

Video or screenshot of the cheating?

The main issue is that GDI requires a different play styles that might not be very comfortable for you.  I struggle with this as well.

It is quite apparent from watching top players the personal skill is the number one factor regardless of the faction being played.

Message 2 of 23 (832 Views)

★ Guide

Someone just reached tiberium leage with GDI but not Nod. It's just a different playstyle, you might be better with Nod while others are better with GDI.

I personally find GDI easier and struggle with Nod.

It's balanced well.

Message 3 of 23 (814 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

If someone can kill a man with chopsticks, it doesn’t mean it’s properly balanced with a gun. Was your opinion based on numbers + skills? Or your argument is just someone managed to reach T league with GDI

I wouldn’t say NOD completely outperforms GDI, but you gotta define balance better than “someone did it so it’s balanced”

Message 4 of 23 (767 Views)

The developers of the game are collecting heaps of data.  I'll trust their ability to analyze the data and balance accordingly.  There's no benefits to them favoring one thing over the other.  For every person they would please, there would be another that gets pissed.

Message 5 of 23 (745 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I personally like pitbull and talon thinking that they’re better than the nod counterparts

Message 6 of 23 (738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@TeutonicVvarrior wrote:

The developers of the game are collecting heaps of data.  I'll trust their ability to analyze the data and balance accordingly.  There's no benefits to them favoring one thing over the other.  For every person they would please, there would be another that gets pissed.

- Trust their ability to analyze data and balance accordingly

The fact that they make adjustments to balance is showing fine tuning is not as simple as being able to analyze data. I trust their abilities, EA hired them. But this is a test-adjust process.

So yes you can trust them but if we are choosing what to believe here, you can understand me for having doubts.

- There’s no benefits to them favoring one or another

No there isn’t. You’re right. But didn’t think anyone said it was intentional. At least I didn’t think so. If it’s not intentional, the idea of favoring for benefits doesn’t exist. 

Although if it was intentional, we got a bigger problem then lol

-  Asking for a more comprehensive evidence to say it is balanced is barely pissed off.

Pissed off is pissed off. Pursuing an answer is pursuing an answer. Not a bad thread to start looking for one.

Message 7 of 23 (728 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I love certain units from both sides lol, Pitbull is awesome
Message 8 of 23 (717 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hmm cheating has been reported with something better then screen shots I've included video and websites and the software being used to where admins told me to send it in the past...problem is you will get a automated email back saying they will look into it but won't reply anymore to you.....so don't take anything admins say with any grain of salt.

You have to remember admins don't have any say in the way the game goes

And long as EA is still making money way it is, why would they care?

Message 9 of 23 (701 Views)

@WADofFORCE wrote:

Hmm cheating has been reported with something better then screen shots I've included video and websites and the software being used to where admins told me to send it in the past...problem is you will get a automated email back saying they will look into it but won't reply anymore to you.....so don't take anything admins say with any grain of salt.

You have to remember admins don't have any say in the way the game goes

And long as EA is still making money way it is, why would they care?

Please share the evidence with the community.  EA/Redwood is, like most companies, resource limited.  The collective community has plenty of time to analyze a replay and will be a much squeakier wheel if there is indeed foul play.

Message 10 of 23 (686 Views)