GDI Rivals Race is live!

by EA_dance210

Original Post

Re: GDI Rivals Race is live!

Community Manager (retired)

Yep @TeutonicVvarrior, that's intended Standard smile

@xMaksuss That was an example for one leaderboard, not that reaching 3700 medals means you earn a reward.

Message 11 of 25 (536 Views)

@xMaksuss Yep, that was just an example.  I could see this happening mostly at league minimums and that's why I selected 3700 for the hypothetical question.  I have seen two people for a short time sharing 3rd place so I assumed it would also be possible to share 1st.  Probably won't happen much but I could see this getting abused if everyone in a race agree to bottom out in their league until or right before the race ends.

Message 12 of 25 (514 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@TeutonicVvarrior wrote:

@xMaksuss Yep, that was just an example.  I could see this happening mostly at league minimums and that's why I selected 3700 for the hypothetical question.  I have seen two people for a short time sharing 3rd place so I assumed it would also be possible to share 1st.  Probably won't happen much but I could see this getting abused if everyone in a race agree to bottom out in their league until or right before the race ends.

If all 10 players would come together somehow and agree to end the race with the same medal count it would be awesome x) Rewards for everyone ^^

But I think this will happen rarely.

If we get a race every month I will drop down some leagues to make the race easier for me next time x) Right now I need to climb to tib league lol

Message 13 of 25 (506 Views)

★★ Guide

I don't get it. I see no leaderboard, nothing. I was in the top 100 GDI but fell down the rankings when the race started.

Message 14 of 25 (485 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Damn! I guess I missed the qualification period or something. I read the email and saw it started at 9am. Didn't realize I had to play a match to qualify. argh!!!!!!!! It sounded really fun. 😭 I want to play

Message 15 of 25 (466 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@emandab98 wrote:

Damn! I guess I missed the qualification period or something. I read the email and saw it started at 9am. Didn't realize I had to play a match to qualify. argh!!!!!!!! It sounded really fun. 😭 I want to play

It's nothing special. You just play your ladder games normally. But you are on a leaderboard with 10 players of similar medal count. The 3 people with the highest medalcount in 3 days will get a pitbull skin, the top one will also get a sandstorm one.

The pitbull skin is kinda ugly. The sandstorm skin looks dope, but I don't use sandstorm anyways.

Message 16 of 25 (460 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@xMaksuss wrote:

The pitbull skin is kinda ugly. The sandstorm skin looks dope, but I don't use sandstorm anyways.

I wouldn't say ugly, but maybe besides the point. I mean, you put camouflage on a vehicle so that it cannot be spotted by the enemy easily. And then you add distinctive blue colour to it so that everyone can see it from afar... Wink

Message 17 of 25 (457 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@xMaksuss wrote:

@emandab98 wrote:

It's nothing special. You just play your ladder games normally. But you are on a leaderboard with 10 players of similar medal count. The 3 people with the highest medalcount in 3 days will get a pitbull skin, the top one will also get a sandstorm one.

That's it? Well I guess I didn't miss much, but I still like some healthy competition. 

Message 18 of 25 (439 Views)

★★★★ Novice

when will NOD Rivals Race start?

Message 19 of 25 (425 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@imhotepefrit wrote:

when will NOD Rivals Race start?

I was hoping this race would start the next season. I would like to try and climb up so high that my opponents are left to eat my dust. I'd probably climb up an entire league just to win. I'd sit in the bottom of Platinum 3, and then boost all the way to Diamond 3, 2, or somewhere in between.

Message 20 of 25 (420 Views)