Re: GDI Rivals Race is live!

by xMaksuss

Original Post

GDI Rivals Race is live!

Community Manager (retired)
Commander,
Rivals Race is a new way to compete against your rivals to see who can make it to the top of the Race leaderboard and earn cool prizes. Today we open up the matching period for the first GDI Rivals Race.

This matching period will last until Saturday, June 22 at 9 am PT. During that time, playing a GDI ladder match will qualify you to participate. Players with a similar medal count will be added to the same Race leaderboard. Once the leaderboard is full, the Race will begin.

The top 100 players on the GDI leaderboard will not need to qualify for a race. Those players will automatically be added to the Pro Rivals Race leaderboard.

The Race will last for 120 hours after your leaderboard is full. Because Races start at different times, some races may finish before others. Be sure to watch the clock on your Race leaderboard to know when yours will end.

Race your way to the top of the leaderboard and you could win one of these cool skins:
 sandstorm_pitbull.png

We’re excited to introduce Rivals Race and would love to hear your feedback on this new feature. Let us know what you think about Rivals Race below.
Message 1 of 25 (767 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EA_dance210  so I played 1 GDI match, so I am qualified now. Did I get that right?

Message 2 of 25 (751 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Yep!

There are 10 players per Race leaderboard (except the Pro Race, which is the top 100 players). Once enough players have entered your leaderboard queue (players with a similar medal count play a match for GDI), your race will start.

Message 3 of 25 (749 Views)

@EA_dance210 People with the exact same medal count share the same rank in the race.  Therefore, if everyone in a race is at 3700 at the end, they all are first place and receive the top reward.  Is this intended behavior?

Message 4 of 25 (713 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@TeutonicVvarrior wrote:

@EA_dance210 People with the exact same medal count share the same rank in the race.  Therefore, if everyone in a race is at 3700 at the end, they all are first place and receive the top reward.  Is this intended behavior?

Is that true??? That‘s awesome! All I have to do now it race to tib league real fast. So everyone who reaches it gets something, I like that!

But did you actually test that? What happens if I get more than 3700 medals?

Message 5 of 25 (706 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can't you just enjoy the new way developers have created to liven up our trudge into the tiberium league?!!

Since of course all of us below rank 100 on the ladder never get to see our real standing in this battling community.

I find it just another great reason to play this awesome game.

I really don't understand the need to ponder ways to wiggle into some lame loophole.

Be the best in your new "sub-ladder" FIRST.

;---DDDD

Message 6 of 25 (689 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

where can i see race leaderboard?

Message 7 of 25 (671 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@xMaksuss wrote:

@TeutonicVvarrior wrote:

Is that true??? That‘s awesome! All I have to do now it race to tib league real fast. So everyone who reaches it gets something, I like that!

But did you actually test that? What happens if I get more than 3700 medals?

The top guy in my race has 3706 medals atm. That means that medal counter doesn‘t stop when you reach 3700. So only 1 will get the maximum reward (however, I don‘t know what happens if multiple people have exactly the same medal count by coincidence at the end).

Message 8 of 25 (648 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@DarkGarithos wrote:

where can i see race leaderboard?

Click on matchmaking for GDI. Now you see your placement in the corner. Click it, done.

Message 9 of 25 (633 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EA_dance210 wrote:

Yep!

There are 10 players per Race leaderboard (except the Pro Race, which is the top 100 players). Once enough players have entered your leaderboard queue (players with a similar medal count play a match for GDI), your race will start.

I have a request for the rivals race. Can your team implement an early bail out like how other players can stop an event early if they kept on losing on a 15 tournament event (lets say 8 losses, 2 wins and 5 matches remaining). I couldn't compete in rivals race on either account cause I will be out of town starting tomorrow. I won't be back until this Sunday afternoon. That is approximately 42 hours from when this comment is posted. By the time I come back, I'd be in last place cause other players compete to move forward. Even if I didn't go out of town, I wouldn't really want to compete cause for one account, I intend to have it drop to platinum league on the next season and the other account, I intend for it to stay somewhere in Diamond 2.

Message 10 of 25 (629 Views)