GAME SUGGESTION - Can't ultra speed through sleep with butler on the lot

by SarahDAKiller

Original Post

GAME SUGGESTION - Can't ultra speed through sleep with butler on the lot

★★★ Novice

As the title suggests, I'd like to make a suggestion.

One of the best aspects of the sims is that you can ultra speed through your family sleeping and not sit and watch nothing happening. I specifically bought the butler pack to have a butler, not for any of the content.

So... I get my butler, then I discover that I can't ultra speed through the night any more. Right.

I give the butler a bed. I'm not thaaaat mean, she was clearly slouching around tired. I thought - GREAT - now she will sleep and I can go back to speeding through the night,

WRONG.

She doesn't sleep much at all, let alone when they do. I can't make her sleep. She doesn't want to sleep. GREAT.

So...

My suggestion - 

Make it so that you can still ultra speed through your entire family sleeping regardless of the butler being there

OR

Make the butler automatically go to sleep when the household is all asleep.

This is making the game pretty tedious. It's pretty boring to sit and watch the energy bar go up really slowly. Major flaw in butlers. Cool idea, not so cool execution. 

I wasn't sure where to post this so please feel free to move it if it's in the wrong place, but please MAXIS/EA guys and girls, PLEASE help make the sims playable with a butler again!!!! You can't make them sleep, you can't fast forward through the night, so it's pretty tedious on what is otherwise a really cool and game defining feature for rich families. It would also be nice to hire more than one butler, and hire a permanent live in nanny, but that's probably asking too much and the modders have already fixed that so that's just wishful thinking on my part. Rich families need something to spend their money on after all, so why not a butler to stand around doing nothing?! Its just such a shame that it makes the game so unplayable throughout the nights.

If the game devs are unable to make the game playable again and the modders are, please feel free to point me towards the relevant mod. I've searched and searched, but I can't find anything. 

Message 1 of 2 (1,610 Views)

Re: GAME SUGGESTION - Can't ultra speed through sleep with butler on the lot

★★★★ Novice
Yes, please!
Message 2 of 2 (1,387 Views)