Future UFC 4 update or dlc

by OldManDonaldson

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Future UFC 4 update or dlc

★★★ Novice

So, I just got an idea for some extra content for UFC 4. Everyone who plays the UFC games know that bare knuckle fighting would be an awesome addition to UFC 4. Well, I have an idea for a area that would fit perfectly with bare knuckle fighting in UFC 4. Check out the stage Urban Jungle from Tekken 5 for inspiration. Add that along with some bruising effects, and you are on your way to gold city, my friend.

Message 1 of 6 (938 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Future UFC 4 update or dlc

Community Manager

@OldManDonaldson 

Bare knuckle is a different sport, if we go there then why not weapons or magic? It gets far away from UFC very quickly.

barry.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (865 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

Well yes, but actually no.

Message 2 of 6 (904 Views)

Community Manager

@OldManDonaldson 

Bare knuckle is a different sport, if we go there then why not weapons or magic? It gets far away from UFC very quickly.

barry.png
Message 3 of 6 (866 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Thank you for your response! Remember the earlier days of the UFC? Fighters had the option to fight bare knuckle (without gloves or wraps). Use UFC 1 Teila Tuli vs Gerard Gordeau as an example. Gloves were not considered mandatory until UFC 14. 

Message 4 of 6 (840 Views)

★★ Novice

That’s not really true, the sport doesn’t change you’re just taking the gloves off. EA have added loads of other wacky glove skins and accessories that really don’t fit the sport, but we can’t have bare knuckle? Doesn’t make any sense. It would actually add a whole other level to the game and if damage was increased, it’s be even better. I mean it’s not a game for children so any “it’s to violent” argument is invalid. Just the opinion of a lifelong MMA fan and extensive player of all 4 games 👍

Message 5 of 6 (624 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

So you could do thai wraps, but not bare knuckle? I'm not pandering for it but these guys make some good points. On the other hand your statement is contradictory. "It gets far away from UFC very quickly.", oh, like pumpkin heads, snowman outfits, glittery animated pants, daft punk inspired headgear, gold chains, dominoe masks (Robin inspired mask) and many others that can only be worn INSIDE THE OCTAGON?!?

What's being asked here isn't even a gameplay change, it's simply and mostly a cosmetic one, much like many of the goofy things I listed above that in comparison have nothing to do with mma or UFC for that matter.
 Further more, bare knuckle has been something that EA has provided previously in their Fight Night title.... didn't seem to get far away from the source now did it?
If the concern is that it's a different sport, just title it bare knuckle mma and/or adjust people's expectations by informing them that kicks are involved (or whatever rules you want)  and it's "boxing". Hell, you have a VALE TUDO round scheme that you recently added, make vale tudo rules to match and there you go. 

Message 6 of 6 (612 Views)