Re: Future Need for Speed games on Nintendo Switch?

by BLVD69

Original Post

Future Need for Speed games on Nintendo Switch?

★★★★★ Apprentice

It's been 1 year and a half since the Switch has came out, and Need for Speed Payback didn't come out for it, but will future installments will? What do you think on this discussion, do you think Need for Speed games in the future get a port to the Nintendo Switch?

Message 1 of 15 (20,211 Views)

★★ Expert

@Masontcarr

Wont matter if it comes out on that platform.

Nintendo Switch is a failing product in sales anyways! 

In a short time say two to three years it will be obsolete. 

Message 2 of 15 (20,086 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
You Never Know, The Switch Sales Are Gonna Get Higher In The Near Future, Don't Matter If The Series Makes It Or Not To The Switch.
Message 3 of 15 (20,046 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

Have a great day. 

Message 4 of 15 (20,040 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i know you not, but i think your statement is falsified by several concurrent articles reporting increase in sales of Nintendo's Switch Console. several articles even say that it surpassed the sales of PS4 in its home country - Japan (ref: https://comicbook.com/gaming/2019/05/18/nintendo-switch-sales-ps4-japan/). True, the first few years of the Switch was met with several hick ups in its sales due to consumer doubts. but with its stable increase and games releasing one after another, i doubt Nintendo Switch's light will fade out sooner than expected.

Also, there are already tons of Ports released and are being released to the System. This includes the most recent one - AC3. While the console is turning into a Port Machine, it is by no means an insult. I think it just proves that its system can handle several games that was initially unimaginable.

Cheers.

Message 5 of 15 (17,442 Views)

★★ Expert

@xSkyFire25 

First, off your responding to something I posted back on OCT 3 2018.

Today is 5/18/2019 and you respond with some half baked reply trying to make me look like I failed somehow in my reporting?

You said, "Quote" (   i think your statement is falsified by several concurrent articles reporting increase in sales of Nintendo's Switch Console. several articles even say that it surpassed the sales of PS4 in its home country - Japan)

Well, I was not addressing the Japan market at the time of my post back in October 2018!

Your failure in assuming I was even saying anything about Japan is your own human error in reading my original post properly.

I was referring to the current decline in sales at that time in general terms.

Hence the article I posted in my original post at that time clearly shows a clear discussion at that time.

Which then in your current reply to me you give me credit for being correct.

Your words showing I was right about the lackluster sales back in Oct 2018.

You said, "Quote" (True, the first few years of the Switch was met with several hick ups in its sales due to consumer doubts.)

Now as for your article you posted here currently, which I read fully!

The story you posted clearly reads the Nintendo's Switch Console outselling the PS4 in Japan.

I have found new proof, however, that the Nintendo Switch has actually outsold PS4 & Xbox One in Japan.

Now even with that good news & Nintendo's fast-paced sales in Japan.

This is certainly not the case yet in America or any other country for that matter so far.

Here are the total sales of the Nintendo Switch Console with the latest statics I could find.

Proofread! https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2019/05/15/nintendo-switch-lifetime-sales-outsold-ps4-in-japan/

Have a great day :eahigh_file:

Message 6 of 15 (17,413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Dude, you said:

Wont matter if it comes out on that platform.

Nintendo Switch is a failing product in sales anyways!

In a short time say two to three years it will be obsolete.

Just admit you spoke hateful horsecrap. It is heading to its third year not obsolete and it is not a failing product.

This E3 Nintendo just crashed the competitors. Sony was ashamed enough to not even show up.

Now PS4 Owners are comemorating an episodic game that was announced in 2015 and the worst version of Cyberpunk 2077.

THis is truly a bad year to be a PS4 owner.

Message 7 of 15 (16,953 Views)

★★ Expert

@Elanghel 

If you wish to have a logical and intelligent conversation with me or anyone on these forums.

I highly recommend you learn to be kind and not argumentive.

You can state your own ideas and facts clearly without the drama. 

I highly doubt you read my last post. 

I clearly said I found facts that Nintendo Switch was outselling PS4 & Xbox One in Japan. 

I than posted the link to show proof of sales. 

I also said that was all good and fine for sales in Japan.

However outside of Japan the sales have not out sold PS4 or Xbox One in other countries. 

So I clearly don't know why your stressing out over sales?

I clearly proved my case from my last two posts.

Maybe read what I said slower and digest the facts in logical terms. 

Have a great day 👍😁

Message 8 of 15 (16,922 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Your original claim was that Switch "is a failing product in sales [in October '18]", thus EA shouldn't bother porting NFS to it. As you still haven't retracted your statement because you believe the article you posted accurately reflects the situation in October '18, allow me to contribute with my two cents:

⭐ So, what's my point with all of this? ⭐

Seeing incorrect information being spread without any actual data as an attempt to shut down someone for asking a legitimately good question, is something I had to rectify for the benefit of everyone who might see this, thinking the Switch is failing, which as I've established here is NOT true.

As for Need For Speed, it's essentially free real estate on the Switch as there are no AAA realistic racing games on the platform, and EA would be stupid not to make a port as it's free profit! EA have already established the Switch as a profitable enough platform, testing it with FIFA 18 (1.1 million sales, unofficial source) and FIFA 19 (0.75 million sales, unofficial source). These numbers are waay better than on Wii U, and I can see a Need For Speed game doing really well on the Switch. Heck, all they have to do is port Most Wanted (Wii U) and I'd buy the game! While we're at it, I'd love to see a Sims game as well on the Switch, but for now I'll have to make do with the upcoming Animal Crossing game Standard smile

Yes, Need For Speed (and other EA games) should definitely come to the Switch for easy profit

Message 9 of 15 (16,054 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@BLVD69 Homie got called out, then got destroyed in the replies, then gets upset and tries to flip the script saying other people are mean.
Ouch mate..
Message 10 of 15 (12,098 Views)