Re: Friends' Sims outfits not updating

by BlueWizardRob

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Friends' Sims outfits not updating

★★★★★ Expert

Anyone else have this issue? My friend changed her Sim's clothes in her game, but when my Sim calls hers over to my house, her Sim's outfits doesn't reflect the change. 

It's been hours since my friend changed her Sim's outfit, but in my game, her Sim is still wearing the same thing.

I tried hard--closing and reopening the game, and clearing the cache. Nothing seems to work.

Message 1 of 9 (1,458 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

@VintageStarlette wrote:

A friend and I are trying to arrange a move-in with specific clothes. Her Sim has been wearing the chosen outfit for about a week now, but the change hasn't reflected on my side.

We considered maybe her Sim's correct outfit would show up at move-in. I guess it's worth a try. If it doesn't work, I may just have to kick her out again!

I'll post here with the results.

Sims clothing not updating was a side effect of the fix to sims becoming elderly while people were still interacting with them and doing relationship stories.  If you want to update the clothing, have them change into the clothing desired, give someone a sticker, go to a party with them and give another sticker.

You should then go to the party re-meet them, have an interaction with them and give them a sticker.  That often works.

View in thread

Message 7 of 9 (1,391 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro

I noticed that a few generations ago. I saw at their house my friend had different hair but came to me with the old hair. Same thing with clothes too. Not sure if it is a bug.

Message 2 of 9 (1,448 Views)

I noticed that it takes some time for the game to process changes sometimes. You might see the outfit on a party first rather than when you call her over. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 3 of 9 (1,436 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Phantomlover1717  Do you think iI'd need to attend a party with her in order to trigger the update? Or should I just sit tight?

@givememore86 Did that ever resolve for you?

Message 4 of 9 (1,434 Views)

★★★ Pro

I think what happened with my sim in question is that the person that was the friend. Got retired, and whenever I got the person over they were wearing the last outfit that they had on. But when I met the person they were not retired. They did change her outfit daily. When they got retired, it stayed on that one until the until I got to the Next Generation. But I could tell by going to that person's house that they changed the clothes every single day before they retired that sim. But before the person retired that Sim they changed the clothes and it didn't reflect when they came over.

Message 5 of 9 (1,416 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

A friend and I are trying to arrange a move-in with specific clothes. Her Sim has been wearing the chosen outfit for about a week now, but the change hasn't reflected on my side.

We considered maybe her Sim's correct outfit would show up at move-in. I guess it's worth a try. If it doesn't work, I may just have to kick her out again!

Message 6 of 9 (1,402 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@VintageStarlette wrote:

Sims clothing not updating was a side effect of the fix to sims becoming elderly while people were still interacting with them and doing relationship stories.  If you want to update the clothing, have them change into the clothing desired, give someone a sticker, go to a party with them and give another sticker.

You should then go to the party re-meet them, have an interaction with them and give them a sticker.  That often works.

Message 7 of 9 (1,392 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I moved in the friend-Sim hoping her clothing would update, but that didn't work. I logged out of my game then logged back in a short time later, and friend-Sim had disappeared and was no longer in my household! She disappeared from my contacts as well. It's like she never existed.

@BlueWizardRob Thank you. I figured the solution would require renewed interaction. Of course the remedy would be time-consuming and multi-step. 😐

Message 8 of 9 (1,382 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@VintageStarlette @I’ve had this problem between my two accounts for months hun and they go weeks without seeing the changes in outfits, hair etc unless I do as Wiz said and attend a party and get reacquainted. It’s incredibly frustrating for sticker contests. I was told by EA that is was most likely due to one account bring on my iPad Pro and the other an iPad Air which is more dated. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

Message 9 of 9 (1,351 Views)