Re: Freelance Writer doesn't save writing progress?

by PugLove888

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Freelance Writer doesn't save writing progress?

★ Apprentice

So I'm not sure if this is actually a bug, but it's fairly annoying.  I had my sim start working on a level 8 freelance writer job to ghostwrite a book (I think it was a science fiction book) and when she was nearly finished she started getting tired and stopped working on the book and went to bed.  The next morning (in game), I went to have her finish the book and couldn't find anything that indicated that the (in game) hours of work she'd spent on that book had been saved.  I ended up having to have my sim start the book from scratch.  This was beyond annoying.  Not only that, but once or twice she had spontaneously stopped working on the book to do other random stuff on the computer.  Any time she stopped working on the book to do something else, I had to have her completely restart the book.  I had planned on her using this as a career to allow her to be a work-from-home single mother but now I'm not sure it will work.  Frown

Message 1 of 4 (15,607 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion

@Sharkette126, perhaps you are making the same mistake that I made at first... once you start writing the book from the Freelance section, if you take a break from it you will have to pick it back up again from the Writing section of the computer (just like before the Freelance career existed)! Raised eyebrow  I thought that the game was bugged until I looked in the Writing section where it said "Resume Writing..." and then when I clicked on that I found my book! :eahigh_file:

Also, when you finish writing the book it will say that you can publish it -- but don't do that or you can't complete your Freelance gig! (Or you will have to write another book!)  Instead, go into your Sim's Personal  Inventory and find the book there, and then click on it and there should be an option to "Submit Book for Approval"!  After that you will either get the book accepted, or they will tell you that you need to refine it before they will accept it.  Once the book is accepted, you will automatically be paid and the book will be taken from your inventory. Wink

Hope this helps your situation!  Please update us if it did or not! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (15,596 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@Sharkette126, perhaps you are making the same mistake that I made at first... once you start writing the book from the Freelance section, if you take a break from it you will have to pick it back up again from the Writing section of the computer (just like before the Freelance career existed)! Raised eyebrow  I thought that the game was bugged until I looked in the Writing section where it said "Resume Writing..." and then when I clicked on that I found my book! :eahigh_file:

Also, when you finish writing the book it will say that you can publish it -- but don't do that or you can't complete your Freelance gig! (Or you will have to write another book!)  Instead, go into your Sim's Personal  Inventory and find the book there, and then click on it and there should be an option to "Submit Book for Approval"!  After that you will either get the book accepted, or they will tell you that you need to refine it before they will accept it.  Once the book is accepted, you will automatically be paid and the book will be taken from your inventory. Wink

Hope this helps your situation!  Please update us if it did or not! Standard smile

Message 2 of 4 (15,597 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ohhhhh... why didn't I think to look there??  Thanks!  The good news is I *did* manage to finish the jobs, so now I have 6 unfinished books that I can have my sim finish and publish for some extra income!  <3

Message 3 of 4 (15,591 Views)

Champion

@Sharkette126, well, it wasn't that clear and a bit counter intuitive to start the book in the Freelancer section and then if you couldn't finish it , to pick it back up in the Writing section, and then to submit the book go into your Inventory! Confused  But the important thing is that you got your books submitted!   I did the same thing with the "extra" book too! Large smile  Nice to be able to have income two different ways! Cool

Message 4 of 4 (15,588 Views)