Re: Freelance Gig Doesn't Leave Sim's Work Menu Once Completed

by SheriGR

Original Post

Freelance Gig Doesn't Leave Sim's Work Menu Once Completed

★★★ Newbie

My sim is currently a freelance writer, and twice now I've had a gig where I've finished all the steps and been paid for my work, but the gig itself doesn't disappear from my sims work menu. This stops me from being able to pick up new gigs without forcibly deleting the gig and taking a hit to my job performance.

I run the base version of Sims 4 with new expansions, CC, or mods. Any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 2 (1,029 Views)

Re: Freelance Gig Doesn't Leave Sim's Work Menu Once Completed

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Hacknerds I have a few questions and a few comments/thoughts first...

• I'm assuming that you have completed the assignment, submitted it to the client for approval, and it was approved by the client since you said you got paid, but can I clarify this?
  • In my experience with the freelance career (artist area for my sim) the gig should clear so you can take another gig, even if you have not done it successfully, once the deadline has arrived. Can I also clarify that you have passed the deadline? 
    Example: I suppose that if you took a more complex job and it had several items (in my artist's situation, for instance, three concepts that need to be submitted), I have found that I get paid for the ones that the client approved, but not for the ones that they did not approve, and that the unapproved (or un-submitted for client approval) jobs are still in there until either 1. I edit the item and re-submit it for client approval and it is approved or.... 2. the deadline comes and goes.

Unless any of those questions/thoughts seem to explain your issue (missing a step, deadline not passed, etc.) then I would like to have you try something (exactly in the manner and order described):

If you don't have Mods or CC, just skip the part about removing the Mods folder, but still delete the cache file mentioned. If you ever had Mods or CC in the past then do the steps as if you have them currently (removing the Mods folder), as there could be damage that has remained after you removed them.

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Copy the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the mods folder and the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder and restart the game and so that the game will re-create the folder.
  • Then run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the basegame first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

(If you have mods... and if It fixes the situation... I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the recent update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.)

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 2 (999 Views)