Re: 'Free trial expired', despite playing on EA Access.

by spIash_damage

Original Post

'Free trial expired', despite playing on EA Access.

★ Novice

Years back I downloaded the ten-hour free trial for this game and maybe played half of the time before not touching it again and removing it form my PS4 library. Recently I saw it on EA Access and so decided to re-download it and give it another try, thinking I was downloading the full game this time (what I assumed I was paying for). It kept flashing the time remaining of the free trial on the screen from the very same point it said I had left from three years ago, yet I thought nothing of it and expected to have full access once the time had drained. This was not the case, and after hitting 0 minutes I was kicked out of the game and prompted with the following message;

"Your free trial has now expired. Upgrade to the full version to continue playing. Your progression will be saved!"

I've tried looking elsewhere online yet nobody seems to have the same issue, and upon trying EA Help my case gets no further than being opened and then closed immediately. Surely I'm not paying a monthly fee to play free trials, otherwise how can I fix this and actually play the game as I feel robbed of my time otherwise, and I won't purchase the game off the store in the event that I pay more money to be presented with the same error message. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Message 1 of 7 (7,762 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I'm unfamiliar with EA Access on PS4, but on Xbox and Origin Access on PC last I'm aware of you do need to "purchase" (for free with EA/Origin Access ofc) the game through the store to be upgraded to the full version from a trial version, so I would assume that to be the case on PS4 as well, though I'm unable to confirm it unfortunately.

If you plan to continue the route of contacting EA support I would recommend using EA Live Chat as personally I've usually found that the most helpful when I've had issues.

Message 2 of 7 (7,725 Views)
Highlighted

Champion (Retired)

Launch EA Access on your PS4 and download the full version of the game.  You should then be able to resume playing the game without losing progression so long as you're using the same PSN account.

I installed the game before purchasing EA Access so I might be off a step.

In my EA Access, I navigate to "Games" and can select GW1 or GW2 from that screen.

Message 3 of 7 (7,711 Views)

Community Manager

@spIash_damage wrote:

Launch EA Access on your PS4 and download the full version of the game.  You should then be able to resume playing the game without losing progression so long as you're using the same PSN account.

I installed the game before purchasing EA Access so I might be off a step.

In my EA Access, I navigate to "Games" and can select GW1 or GW2 from that screen.

@jackdave99 

Did this fix it for you? It sounds like you needed to delete the previous version you had on your console and download the full version from The Vault within the EA Access Hub. You'll need to have an activate EA Access membership to access games inside The Vault.

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 7 (7,656 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am facing the same problem and it's very very frustrating. After spending so much time and committing myself to the successful download of this game despite the sleepless nights, this happens ?? I'm way too disappointed to even keep on writing. I am very disappointed with EA for this 😠

Message 5 of 7 (7,347 Views)

★★ Novice
@jackdave99 I have the same issue with NFS Heat. Fix this EA!
Message 6 of 7 (6,378 Views)

★ Novice
@Kanokanor_Seme A little workaround I found for me:
- Start the game
- "Free trial expired" screen pops up
- Klick on "buy in play store"
- Klick on load the game on ps store page
- It will throw an error that you already installed it
- Go back and klick on play the game
Message 7 of 7 (6,324 Views)