Re: Franchise Mode Line Chemistry

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

EASHL used to have mtx and they axed that so it's not exactly all about money; love it or hate it, HUT is the most popular mode (or rather it draws the most attention through various channels) so it's only natural it receives the most support.

I don't know exactly how it would work but the idea of blending modes together intrigues me and is something I've been asking them to consider for a few years now.

The problem I find with most offline modes is they are so similar there doesn't seem to be much of a point in playing them all - Online Franchise (basically GM Connected) should solve almost all your needs for BaP styled progression with a custom pro you can work through the ranks, drafts to structure your leagues, and wheelings and dealings outside of games can have an impact on your team on the ice - managing your stadium might be a bit of a chore but it'd be funny to see run down buildings with no fans or stadiums with golden bathrooms that sell out every night.

EASHL and HUT could mix rather easily I think.

lol @davehoehn970 I'm the exact opposite - online was a breeze but there is no way I'm gonna break The great One's record in BaP

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 11 of 14 (462 Views)

★★ Pro

I don’t actually hate or have any major problems with HUT. I know it’s a popular mode so I can’t really say many bad things about it. I don’t think I am like most of the gamers these days as I only turn on my Xbox to unwind and chill. I don’t play these games to beat other players or complete all challenges inside the game. That’s the only reason I don’t play or have any interest in HUT, as weird as it is to say considering we are talking about a video game, the mode is just to video game-y for me. While I can absolutely see the appeal to it, for me it’s just unrealistic, fantasy hockey that you either have to pay to keep up in or grind away at it, which I am just not personally interested in. I’m more looking for a realistic experience and that is why all my franchise mode suggestions are geared towards making it as close to real life as possible.

At the end of the day, EA is a business and it is just smart business to give your most profitable department the most time, money and support. Again, I have no issue with that at all and I don’t expect even close to the same support or additions for the offline modes. However, if I have a problem with my Apple TV and have questions about how it works, there is still some knowledge and support on the product even if it isn’t the company’s most profitable product like an IPhone, IPad or IMac. I just feel all businesses should be able to answer basic questions or provide support when customers have a problem even if the customers complaint isn’t related to the money maker. I can understand why the devs wouldn’t want to engage in a lot of the topics that happen on the forums (I don’t blame them for that, who would want to be involved in some of these discussions considering how some of the people talk to the mods on here) but a better communication system does need to be implemented. They did the Q and A with the gameplay dev this year, it would be cool to see that after every deep dive, not just gameplay even if it was a discussion where everyone can view it, but only those that meet the criteria can ask questions. Or simply providing better details on changes that are made both before release (deep dive) and throughout the year (roster updates). This is the first year I have actually been frustrated as we are left with a broken mode with a game breaking bug and any features that were added literally add to complaints we have had in the past. This is mostly met with no optimism that it will be fixed or explanation as to why these changes were implemented because there aren’t any answers floating around anywhere.

I am all for adding new modes like GM connected and definitely think it’s a cool direction to try and blend modes together, whether it’s allowing you to upgrade your EASHL player through be a pro or upgrade your club team with HUT challenges. The only reason I wouldn’t personally want a mode such as GM connected to take the place of offline franchise mode for example is that despite how bad it can be playing against or having to work with the AI across all parts of the game (both gameplay and the GM portion of it) you can always run into humans that are far worse. I personally don’t have 31 friends that religiously play this game or the time/commitment level it would probably take to find a group that I could build a good enough rapport with that I enjoy the game consistently, so that is why I prefer the offline modes.  

Message 12 of 14 (446 Views)

Yeah I've been advocating for more deep dive-esque videos and QnA's - few of the people I've spoken to are hopeful we can all carve a new path together.

It's easy to say more popular modes earn more care and attention but you're right, it's not fair when some aspects get hurt hard in the process. In my mind, blending modes should make it easier for these types of modes to get the aupport they so desperately need.

Lol I couldn't imagine actually handling that many real teams - an offline only variant would definitely be needed (would still be nice to earn other types of perks for online for your efforts though. For example, small amounts of player xp will eat into the prestige requirement for trophy hunters).

Regular BaP, Franchise, and GM mode could be combined with branching paths and work well since you need to play your games anyway (of course, juniors will need to be put back in with dialogue options revamped) -- you'd get a slower but more bountiful product.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 13 of 14 (435 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@TTZ_Dipsy the only issue i have with that last bit, is the playing every game. franchise mode is more geared towards the simulating aspect. of course we play some games here and there, but the mode goes on for 25 seasons.. that's 2050 games, not including playoffs. and if you do, say, 4 min a period.. thats 410 hours of total gameplay, just to finish one season. thats not including the time stoppages, timeouts, faceoffs, that might only be seconds long, but definitely add up. and thats not including OT or shootouts either

juniors should definitely be put back in. it still doesn't make any sense that it was taken out. makes literally no sense.
Message 14 of 14 (376 Views)