Foundations moves whole lot

by alicecharnley

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Foundations moves whole lot

★★★ Novice

When trying to add foundations in build mode, the entire lot moves. Right to the edges of my build space - not just the house, but my whole plot. How do I change the foundation of just my house and nothing else?

Thanks in advance x

Message 1 of 8 (1,472 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Foundations moves whole lot

[ Edited ]
Champion

@alicecharnley I just realized that you are on the 'Old Salt House" and what the issue is. As I mentioned in the other comment this is a situation where the builder did create the entire area in a way where the game sees it all as connected since there is no yard (no real grass other than perhaps 'grass tile', which is different than the 'real grass').

Please see this video to see how to disconnect the fencing from the house: https://youtu.be/IBFvmBlZicY

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (1,420 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@alicecharnley This sounds very odd. Can you send screenshots? When you say the entire lot moves, can you describe this a bit more - does the ground raise along with the foundation/home (and fencing if you have it attached)? Also, do you have Mods/CC in your game?

Message 2 of 8 (1,460 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@SheriGR  As screenshot shows, by 'entire lot' I mean the whole area that I can build on, right to the edges where my fence is. I do have mods/CC.

Message 3 of 8 (1,455 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@alicecharnley It looks like your fence goes to the perimeter of the lot and the foundation is attaching to it. I would assume that it's possible you began drawing your fencing at a building so that it picked up the foundation from the building. If it's all moving at once it seems that it must still be connecting itself with that build level &/or is connected to the building itself. 

Please try the following:

• Delete all fencing. Test first that the building can be dragged up and down via the height plumbob in the middle of the rooms without effecting the fencing. Then re-draw your fencing making sure you are not connected to the building so that the fencing is without foundation.
    A couple of helpful building links:
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/building/houses.php
    https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/building/terrain-tools.php
  • I suppose that it is conceivable that your lot/game is seeing your entire lot as a whole, particularly if you added the grass 'tile' in the flooring area? If you did that I would recommend using the sledgehammer and deleting the tile grass before you re-add fencing. (Edit: Please see video in comment below...)

Message 4 of 8 (1,444 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@alicecharnley I just realized that you are on the 'Old Salt House" and what the issue is. As I mentioned in the other comment this is a situation where the builder did create the entire area in a way where the game sees it all as connected since there is no yard (no real grass other than perhaps 'grass tile', which is different than the 'real grass').

Please see this video to see how to disconnect the fencing from the house: https://youtu.be/IBFvmBlZicY

Message 5 of 8 (1,421 Views)

★★★ Novice

@SheriGR That is incredibly helpful, thank you so much! I’ll try this later. Thanks!

Message 6 of 8 (1,401 Views)

Champion

@alicecharnley You are very welcome! The Old Salt House came with City Living and was made before they had the foundation height tool in Sims 4. It is also an unusual thing to have all flooring for the 'yard' in the game lots. It threw me off at first since you had replaced some with grass tiles, so I thought it had a yard. Then I was looking at it and suddenly recognized the home. I have a household I played a long time (and a lot of reno I did) in that home. Standard smile 

Please let us know if this worked once you try it out. Thanks!

Message 7 of 8 (1,392 Views)

★★★ Novice

@SheriGR Yeah, sorry, I should have mentioned about the grass tile earlier! Your video has done the trick - all sorted now. Thanks so much, so helpful! Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (1,371 Views)