Re: Fortress - Too UNBALANCED against Attackers

by EA_Blueberry

Original Post

@havoc2106 

That's pretty interesting because I think Hamada is the map where it feels like a real siege, though that could just be because the whole area is a set of ruins and the choke point is much smaller than that of  Devastation's A flag fortifications and train.

Devastation is great, don't get me wrong, but once you break that first flag, all hell breaks loose and it's pretty much a cluster at B and C. A flag can seemingly be taken back with ease in Hamada; it's all in how you manage the right side flank that can make or break the map I suppose.

A 75 player increase is a nice place to start if you want to keep the 32v32 setup but I'm starting to think reducing the player count could drastically change how things play out.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 11 of 12 (325 Views)

Community Manager

@TTZ_Dipsy wrote:

@havoc2106 

That's pretty interesting because I think Hamada is the map where it feels like a real siege, though that could just be because the whole area is a set of ruins and the choke point is much smaller than that of  Devastation's A flag fortifications and train.

Devastation is great, don't get me wrong, but once you break that first flag, all hell breaks loose and it's pretty much a cluster at B and C. A flag can seemingly be taken back with ease in Hamada; it's all in how you manage the right side flank that can make or break the map I suppose.

A 75 player increase is a nice place to start if you want to keep the 32v32 setup but I'm starting to think reducing the player count could drastically change how things play out.

The first flag can be tough to capture but exactly like you said, from my experiences at least it seems like everything breaks loose at that point and teams swap control of points. Laughed the first time I played the map because we did not expect the huge wall of MGs raining down on us. Feels like a true invasion. 

Blueberry.png
Message 12 of 12 (287 Views)