Force collision detection

by raidernaphtali

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Force collision detection

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

On Geonosis I encountered a STAP with a lightsaber hero and was reminded of the failure of the game mechanics in that outside of a few air slashes I was powerless to do anything, force pushes had no effect.  Why not, this should be in the game.  There should be an animation of someone being knocked off the STAP or any bike.

Add depth to it by allowing only blue rated force cards as having the strength to do this.

Also their should be an animation for when someone rolls and gets caught by the force push, they should be pushed out of that roll

Dice is basically a shooter developer, Im not asking them to become Raven software

Message 1 of 15 (1,389 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Force collision detection

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Tinogiggedy- Even though I stand by my prior post stating that I actually targeted, Hit directly and eliminated the STAP (must have been an anomaly) , I will at least have to eat a slice of humble pie. Played 1 round on Geonosis as a clone last night and had multiple instances of being able to target a STAP. In fact a made a point of it even to my own detriment. Could I target one? - yes. Could I hit one directly? - NO!!!

I carefully watched the track of the torp only to see at the last minute it deviate from target. I can understand a miss if the STAP dodges behind a hill or rock but not in the open. In fact, I had one torp never even look like hitting the STAP when about halfway it deviated wildly and hit the side of a hill with the STAP in clear view. I can understand such a deviation if a larger speeder or piece of equipment was nearby and attracted the torp but in this case there appeared to be nothing. There is nothing in the ability cards that would warrant this behaviour, just one that increases the lock on time.I wonder if the same thing happens with the ion turret? Ended up shooting STAPS with my blaster only.

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

View in thread

Message 13 of 15 (1,674 Views)

All Replies

Hello @raidernaphtali

The STAPs seem to be a bit OP to me. They can literally melt any hero or infantry within seconds, because of the high splash damage. Lightsaber heroes can only run away from them, hoping teammates shoot the STAP.

I hope they will be nerfed a bit and that the speeder controls will be improved.

Message 2 of 15 (1,366 Views)

★★ Pro

Stap is definitely OP. To add to the above, heavies ion torpedoes lock onto them but never connect. 

Message 3 of 15 (1,358 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thanks for your feedback, @Tinogiggedy @raidernaphtali @DYSPROssium Standard smile

I'll pass it to our development team.

/Ataashi

Message 4 of 15 (1,350 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Tinogiggedy- they do connect but require at least three quick hits to destroy the STAP if it has no other damage, Generally, the Stap is too manouverable and has moved behind a rock or hill before you can get the final kill shot in. I have knocked a couple out if they were already damaged and stayed in open ground..

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@ggibb65 nope not having it. It never connects, it misses every single time even if they're barely moving. The ion turrets have no trouble hitting them when able to lock on. The reason you need 3 quick hits with the torpedoes is exactly because it doesn't connect, what gets them is a bit of splash damage from the torpedo either hitting the ground or a rock. I'm sure you must have noticed how using all 3 doesn't even necessarily work. That's why you need to try using all 3 of them on one OP Stap. It does that same thing that happens when you sometimes try to lock onto an enemy ion turret with your torpedoes, locks on goes the distance flies straight past and doesn't hit the ion turret but something else randomly behind. 

Message 6 of 15 (1,323 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Tinogiggedy- Ok, I stand corrected but I will check the next chance I get and let you know how I achieved a kill. Did you also notice when an AT-TE is destroyed that the Ion torpedo will always target that tank until the Notification marker disappears completely. You have to wait for that to happen before you can target another that is behind it.

★★ Pro

@ggibb65, please check, I find it hard to imagine that my ion torpedoes are the only ones that never connect, it'd be nice if someone could verify it also happens to them, literally every one I fire at a Stap, that I'm able to witness has never connected, I've seen all 3 of my torpedoes miss and get the kill through splash damage, but not one has ever just full on connected and hit a Stap.

Yeah I have noticed that, in fact I can be aiming already locked on to a different AT-TE but as soon as one is destroyed near it, suddenly my torpedo decides to lock onto the one that's been destroyed already, its very annoying considering then you have to re angle yourself to target the active walker. 

Message 8 of 15 (1,302 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Tinogiggedy- Just finished 3 hrs of play and none on Geonosis> I guess I will have to wait until tomorrow to check.
Another annoying thing that I brought up in another thread is that the ion torpedo won't lock onto a spider droid. Not sure if it should or shouldn't. If it could then maybe it would also lock on to a battle droid and that wouldn't be fair, however the spider droids aren't controlled by players.

EDIT: Another day and another 4hrs and still haven't played Geonosis, so can't give you an update.

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Tinogiggedy- Hi.   Finally got a game on Geonosis after 5 days. Tested out the ion torpedo lock on the STAP. It does lock on if you can get a STAP in open ground. Took one out in the distance with 2 torp direct hits (the sound effect also confirmed direct hits)