Re: Focus

by RentAProbe

Original Post

Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the input - I have tried it. But it obviously is just an option to disable the "broken" mouse controls, and revert to the most basic input method. I would actually prefer it, but only because it improves the experience from "painful" to "arduous"...

Message 11 of 14 (2,045 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@RentAProbe  I see, and I am sorry to hear you feel this way about that option. In my opinion, I found it pretty useful in case I want to chill playing on my keyboard only, or if I wanna sit straight using the mouse too. 

I am actually glad the devs thought of giving the players a choice they can make and we're not limited. Honestly, not many games allow players to configure much on this side. Most of them are "Ok, Mouse/Keyboard players - you guys use both or only one by default at our choice. Controller players - you have only those to use". Instead of just forcing both mouse/keyboard for the gameplay on PC, they actually thought someone might like to use only the keyboard, for example. Shouldn't we appreciate such thoughts?

I haven't encountered any issue while playing with my mouse, neither when trying 2 others, neither did my friends which own the game. However, I do think it can have an easy solution for the cases in which the DPI is too high/low, if we're willing to give it a try and accept it. 

Wishing you a lovely day ahead, and do let me know if you wish to troubleshoot this more! ^_^ 

Message 12 of 14 (2,029 Views)

★★★ Novice

@HarleyQuinn2922 wrote:

Instead of just forcing both mouse/keyboard for the gameplay on PC, they actually thought someone might like to use only the keyboard, for example. Shouldn't we appreciate such thoughts?

Keys to move the camera are a nice extra, although I do not understand why we are forced to choose between keyboard and mouse. I absolutely commend the developers for any options they provide ! I am not screaming bloody murder, and have not returned the game after the few minutes I played. I just want to know whether the developers agree that the mouse controls are bugged, or not. ...because I want to enjoy this game - not "make the best of it".

@HarleyQuinn2922 wrote:

I haven't encountered any issue while playing with my mouse, neither when trying 2 others, neither did my friends which own the game.

Are you saying that you do not experience negative mouse acceleration ? Or that you (and your friends) do not care or even like it this way ?

Should it be the former, there may be something I can fix on my side, to get the controls working (which would be interesting). Should it be the latter, I would just be curious. The only other game with negative mouse acceleration I can recall is Hellblade before the first patch, after which it was fixed. Do you find the vast majority of other games with camera controls to behave unpleasantly, since they do not suppress fast movements ?

Message 13 of 14 (2,016 Views)

★★★ Newbie

(Even though this thread is already old, I will add my 2 cents - if anybody else finds the thread via Google)

The issue is that "Focus" does not mean anything in particular

and as the orginal poster pointed out,

a mouse icon without any directions (like arrows or highlighted buttons) is not very helpful, either.

What the game fails to tell: The idea is to move the light beam by moving your mouse.

Unfortunately, the light beam moves extremely slow (like - you have to move your mouse over your whole desk to move it just a little),

so that it appeared to me, that moving the mouse had no impact whatsoever.

Hence, I ended up searching on Google.

Message 14 of 14 (947 Views)