Re: Focus

by RentAProbe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Focus

★★★ Newbie

Showing me a picture of a mouse with the word 'FOCUS', but no button, wheel nor movement seems to produce a discernible, useful affect, is disappointing.  I have no doubt if I were to pop in a controller it may be more clear as to what to do, but I literally quit the game after hearing my character scream for 90 seconds while I fiddled with the mouse.

Message 1 of 14 (12,791 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager

Hey @monofurioso I take it that you are after encountering the first boss monster in the game.

What you need to do to focus is move the mouse till the beam of light is hitting the monster. I found that raising the mouse sensitivity made this a little easier to do. 

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (12,696 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey @monofurioso I take it that you are after encountering the first boss monster in the game.

What you need to do to focus is move the mouse till the beam of light is hitting the monster. I found that raising the mouse sensitivity made this a little easier to do. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 14 (12,697 Views)

★★ Novice

Yep, got "stuck" here too.

Damn the mouse controls suck in this game. So floaty the whole time. Some weird mouse thing going on.

Then EA chat refused my refund. I literally played 5 minutes. The game is unplayable with a mouse imo.

No wonder EA is know as a terrible company.

Refused a refund on a legit issue found with in 5 minutes of buying the game. (Took 1 minute to download)

I feel actually robbed.

Message 3 of 14 (12,680 Views)

Hero
@emett81 Did you try through the great game guaruntee ?

You should be able to refund the game if it's been less then 24 hours since you started playing.

https://www.origin.com/deu/en-us/store/great-game-guarantee

Has it been longer for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 14 (12,671 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are not enjoying it @emett81.

I had no issues with playing with mouse and keyboard once I raised the mouse sensitivity. It's worth trying that to see if it makes a difference for you.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 5 of 14 (12,663 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Been about 23hr I think i'll check now.

Message 6 of 14 (12,656 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Just been 25hrs, just checked.. 

[Removed by CM]

Turning up sensitivity doesn't fix the issue. Thanks though

Message 7 of 14 (12,650 Views)

★ Guide

Hello @emett81 

Hmmm, changing the sensitivity of the mouse should've worked Frown

I've tried 3 different ones in case it was hardware/company related, however I haven't had a problem with the Focus :3. It went smoothly. 

What type of mouse do you have and what way did you use to change the DPI? This will help me understand the steps you've taken and see what I can do to help you further :D. Any chance I can get more info regarding how it behaves when you move the mouse to the left/right side? 

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

I do not work for EA. I am just a player helping other players.

Message 8 of 14 (12,587 Views)

★★★ Novice

I think it is negative mouse acceleration. If I whip the mouse around, the camera pretty much stays put. If I move it slowly, the camera follows. Since I consider this a bug, I am waiting and hoping for a patch. To be honest, I will rather play on keyboard only, than spend the whole game fighting the camera...

Message 9 of 14 (12,580 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@RentAProbe @emett81 

I am unsure whether you've tried it yet or not, though the game has an option to set Mouse camera On/Off :D

You will be able to control the camera through the arrows only. And during the Focus scenes, arrows can be used too, only by turning off that setting. 

I've attached a screenshot of the setting.

The path is: Settings > Controls > Mouse Look, which should be set to Off in order to use arrows for controlling the Focus

Hope this helps ^_^! 

Message 10 of 14 (12,573 Views)