Flash Flare Gun - Removes Spotting?

by SterlingARCH3R

Original Post

Flash Flare Gun - Removes Spotting?

[ Edited ]
Champion

I was trying to get kills with the flash flare gun, and I was told in-game that every time I used it my teammates were getting upset that they weren't getting spot assists.

Is the flash flare supposed to remove spotting? I never noticed that it does that, and it doesn't state it in stats like it does with the smoke grenade. If it does remove spotting, then that info should be added into the weapon info.

Come to think of it, it's actually a good feature to counter the spotting flare.

Anyway, maybe they were mistaken and it doesn't remove spotting. In which case, it would actually be a good "rock, paper, scissors" feature to add in for the very underutilized flash flare.

If you found this post helpful, please leave XP.
If you disagree, please leave a comment.
Either way, it helps to make the post more informative.

I like game design - from itty bitty bugs to big ideas.
I don't work for EA.

Join us on our Easter Egg hunt.
Message 1 of 3 (699 Views)

Re: Flash Flare Gun - Removes Spotting?

EA DICE Team

Hey @SterlingARCH3R as far I'm aware its not suppose to remove spotting.  @spitfiresiemion do you know? 

/Atic 

Message 2 of 3 (637 Views)

Re: Flash Flare Gun - Removes Spotting?

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I'll check it when I have a chance, but I don't think it removes spotting per se, it simply blinds people to the point where they can't even locate the targets or target icons. I recall that when BF Live group was talking about making flash flares more useful that idea actually came up, but never really came to life.

UPDATE: yeah, no effect on spotting. Maybe they thought it's a spot flare and were upset that it's not spotting anything?

---------------------------------------------------------------
If you think that someone's post helped you, feel free to press the 'Grant XP' button. If someone's instructions helped you solve your problem, please press 'Accept as Solution', so that other people with the same problem can easily find the solution in the future.

I am a volunteer moderator and I don't work for EA. All opinions expressed are my own.
Message 3 of 3 (627 Views)