Fix the game

by CDN4LyFe

Original Post

Fix the game

★ Novice

Hey EA, just your usual customer wanting you guys to take the time to fix your game. 

NHL is a complete joke and has no realism towards it. Fix the glitches and the actual game! I had no idea you can wrap through the boards. Like your stick puck and body can go into the stands? Or how about when you slide to block a pass. Not only do you block a pass, but you get a tripping call? Have any of you ever played or watched hockey? Even when I slide on the ice my guy just stops? It’s ice! You continue to slide! You can just skate backwards and never get knocked puff the puck holding LT?!? When do you ever see that! Self sauce pass for a speed boost!!? Are you serious! Get your heads outta your * and make a legit game rather then for money and glitches 

Message 1 of 5 (495 Views)

Re: Fix the game

To be fair, you also get a penalty in the real NHL when you dive into players/jam your stick into their skates...

I agree with the other points though if someone is attempting obvious L2 spam, you can easily knock the puck off with DSS

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 2 of 5 (468 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there, @CDN4LyFe 

The stick will pass through the boards, but the puck will not. The controls kind of limit 1:1 stick movement. If this were a VR game, that would be different, but you can't really use a standard controller to make sure your stick isn't connecting with objects. So, we let the stick pass through bodies/objects, but you can't affect the puck when this happens. You'll notice it coming loose when your stick passes through a leg, for example. 

As fas diving and not sliding goes, can you get some video of this? I'm noticing my players slide. They aren't exactly going from the slot to the boards, but depending on your speed, they will slide. If this isn't happening, it would be good to see so please provide some video.

Taking penalties for diving into a player is a real NHL rule. You won't take a penalty if you just lay there for a while though. There's a brief window where a penalty is given, but otherwise, you most likely have enough time to skate around them.

Regarding the self-sauce, while I don't think it really gives much of an advantage, I agree it's pretty silly to see someone exploiting this. Hopefully, we'll see changes made that make it less popular to use.

Aljo.png
Message 3 of 5 (426 Views)

★ Guide

halllo

NHL21 HUT - YouTube

Opponent drives stick and puck through my player's legs. This gives him an advantage, which leads to the goal......................

Message 4 of 5 (409 Views)

Community Manager

@dustmann 

This could have been stopped with a poke check, hit or stick lift. I'm not seeing any issues. The puck comes loose, but the carrier was able to pick it up again since you weren't in a position to recover it.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 5 (407 Views)