Finding good Mods!

by MasterJediBrian

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Finding good Mods!

★★ Novice

Arena leaders have Mods at Tier 6 or higher? How did they get them since Tier 5 isn't avail yet thru battles & challenges? Even the Shipments store doesn't have Tier 6! ?? Do you have to splice a Tier 4 mod once your player hits level 85? Should I wait for better mod drops or get to a higher level & splice the blue & purple ones I have? 

Message 1 of 7 (16,840 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Finding good Mods!

Hi @MasterJediBrian !

Currently, Tier 4 mods (ones with four "pips" on them) cannot be sliced. Only Tier 5 mods can be sliced.

The way that you create a Tier 6 mod is to take a 5A mod (meaning a Tier 5 mod that is gold colored), and use the slicing materials to upgrade that from a 5A to a 6E.

There are a variety of ways to obtain Tier 5 mods:
- Tier 3 of the Mod Challenges will drop Tier 3, 4, & 5 mods.
- The Mod Store (a shipments tab) offers Tier 4 & 5 mods for sale via credits or ship building materials
- Various events will drop Tier 5 Mods as rewards (e.g. Mythic events & Ground War)

Players at the top of their arenas usually keep an eye out for any mods that are "high potential" - meaning they have stats that the player is trying to improve. They will slice those mods to higher levels to try and upgrade the desired stats. Any mods that end up being extremely valuable are then sliced to 6E.

Slicing materials can be farmed under the Mod Battles lvl 9, as rewards from the Sith Triumvirate raid, from the recurring Smuggler event (the name escapes me at the moment), and also via purchase in the Guild Shipments and Shard Shop for in-game currencies.

Keep in mind that only a character at gear level 12 can equip a 6E mod!

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (16,820 Views)

All Replies

Hi @MasterJediBrian !

Currently, Tier 4 mods (ones with four "pips" on them) cannot be sliced. Only Tier 5 mods can be sliced.

The way that you create a Tier 6 mod is to take a 5A mod (meaning a Tier 5 mod that is gold colored), and use the slicing materials to upgrade that from a 5A to a 6E.

There are a variety of ways to obtain Tier 5 mods:
- Tier 3 of the Mod Challenges will drop Tier 3, 4, & 5 mods.
- The Mod Store (a shipments tab) offers Tier 4 & 5 mods for sale via credits or ship building materials
- Various events will drop Tier 5 Mods as rewards (e.g. Mythic events & Ground War)

Players at the top of their arenas usually keep an eye out for any mods that are "high potential" - meaning they have stats that the player is trying to improve. They will slice those mods to higher levels to try and upgrade the desired stats. Any mods that end up being extremely valuable are then sliced to 6E.

Slicing materials can be farmed under the Mod Battles lvl 9, as rewards from the Sith Triumvirate raid, from the recurring Smuggler event (the name escapes me at the moment), and also via purchase in the Guild Shipments and Shard Shop for in-game currencies.

Keep in mind that only a character at gear level 12 can equip a 6E mod!

★★ Novice

Thanks GladOS, that was great. Is there any way to elevate a Tier 4 mod to Tier 5 & then that Tier 5 to Tier 6? Also, I thought "A" grade mods were better than "E". Do I have this reversed? Are "E" mods typically higher grade: A-->E? Thx

Message 3 of 7 (16,807 Views)

Hi @MasterJediBrian

No, currently there is no way to slice a tier 4 mod, and upgrade it to a tier 5.

In general, “E” mods are “worse” than A, but that just holds true within a mod tier. Mk5-A mods are the “best” you can get at tier 5, but when you upgrade it to a tier 6, it becomes a “6-E.” A 6E mod is always better than its 5A version, because all of the stats are increased. Perhaps in the future we will be able to slice the 6E mods to even better versions. For now, they are the best.

★★ Novice

Thanks GlasOS!

Message 5 of 7 (16,731 Views)

★★ Novice
"GladOS..."
Message 6 of 7 (16,727 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well said.

@GladOS-013 wrote:
Hi @MasterJediBrian

No, currently there is no way to slice a tier 4 mod, and upgrade it to a tier 5.

In general, “E” mods are “worse” than A, but that just holds true within a mod tier. Mk5-A mods are the “best” you can get at tier 5, but when you upgrade it to a tier 6, it becomes a “6-E.” A 6E mod is always better than its 5A version, because all of the stats are increased. Perhaps in the future we will be able to slice the 6E mods to even better versions. For now, they are the best.

Message 7 of 7 (7,799 Views)