Fifa 21 player career ignored

by Ascendian

Original Post

Fifa 21 player career ignored

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm gonna keep this short and sweet.

EA has done nothing to improve player career apparently. Such neglect despite the many suggestions from fans is abhorrent. And then they have the audacity to tweet that they "are aware" of the feedback for Player career. You are aware yet still choose to add nothing - are we a joke to you EA. We don't want to hear "we are aware" we want to hear "Okay guys here is exactly what we are planning to include for the next instalment". Then we can kick off from there. What is so hard about that! Really bad moves by EA just shocking.

Just like how my rant here has absolutely no sway on the uncaring development team, so to does their bare bones and dismissive response not evoke any ounce of consumer confidence in them. This attitude needs to change.

Message 1 of 14 (2,611 Views)

Re: Fifa 21 player career ignored

★★ Guide

They don't want to improve player career mode because it might become to popular which may effect the $ because there's no money to be made in career mode, it's all about FUT. Easy money they will never improve career mode as long as the FUT scam business is running.

We career mode players want realism, depth,gameplay improvements and much more.

FUT players are happy when they get a new gold glitter pack animation.

It's a battle we can't win unfortunuately.

Message 2 of 14 (2,553 Views)

★ Guide

I already know why they do it, its a no brainier everyone knows at this point. But it is still unacceptable and disgusting. Rather than halt with the exploitation of vulnerable adults and minors on UT and use their resources to make their game comprehensively better (which would grant positive PR and gradual increase in profits), they continue to justify their practices in UT despite the thorough research evidence and testimonials against them as well as government action taken against them by multiple countries. They have the desire to squeeze out as much profit as they can. I know exactly what they are doing. But I hoped that this post would get some attention - so that EA knows even in their own forums, we are here and we are not pleased with their deliberate negligence. 

If we can create another Battlefront 2 scenario aka overwhelming and universal disdain for what they are doing, we will get change as that will hit their profits. But the Fifa community don't have the spine, they are accepting of the mediocrity many indulge in the exploitative systems and so don't speak up. Its a disorganised mob that just cannot unite and complains halfheartedly while coming back for more year after year. A hug number are just children which is how EA has been able to manipulate them all so well, they are probably just content with hearing things such as "improved" "new" etc.

I get the game when its around £10, have done that since Fifa 18 because I understood completely at that point what they were doing and just didn't care about "keeping up" anymore. I want to get my moneys worth.

Anyways, those are reasons why its a battle we *currently* cant win - but I hope with the numerous countries cracking down on UT - that will give us a great opportunity, its just a waiting game now.

Message 3 of 14 (2,523 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's really annoying that they don't fix little things in the game, such as being able to renegotiate your contract after a few years. Or how at the start of every year the "news articles" are about how you are joining the team this year. 

I hope they at least add a few new things to keep the player career mode fun and relevant. It can't be that hard to add in a feature where your player gets subbed in off the bench or you get a pay raise. I agree they probably will never go in depth in this mode as it doesn't make money, however it would be nice if they add or touch up a few things to just make it feel a little bit more realistic. 

Message 4 of 14 (2,487 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I completely agree. Quality of life changes would be great!

I don't even want to think about all the problems that have persisted in Player Career or I will just get mad. EA is not worth my emotional investment.

Sadly I don't share your hope, because EA has not given me any reason to hope for over 5 years, for both pro clubs and player career.

Honestly i'm waiting for PES to overhaul the GK controls (I play GK 99% of the time) then I'm done with Fifa. The PES Gk controls are too rudimentary to enjoy - not that Fifa GK controls isn't plagued with its issues but I give EA credit, it is miles ahead of PES.

I made I whole other very detailed post about Fifa goalkeeper controls trying to see if they could flesh out their instructions and address the confusion (such a fundamental element to the game) which unsurprisingly got no answer. I have given up on offering detailed critique, they don't even respond to them. 

Link to the post if you are interested: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Pro-Goalkeeper-Controlls/m-p/9295723/highlight/true#M2191...

As a consumer I have done my part. I see problems, gather the information and relay them to the team in a respectful and articulate manner - and its met with silence. 

Then I write a completely rational yet harsh post like this one, and another to do with pro clubs - and its also ignored by them as well. What more can I do? at every turn the message is clear. 

"This is not the type of problem we want to handle, its not on our priority list" - they don't need to say it, i just know.

Not on this forum but in other areas I have had the common response of "we will relay this to the team" - yet here I am 5 years later making the same recommendations to address complaints. And the fans making the same complaints. You know FUT Rivals? Its structured very similarly to a recommendation I made to the EA team around 3-4 years ago for pro clubs. I actually posted some of it again on this forum but the original was in a word file and had more ideas which I sent to the customer service team. It was for Pro Clubs of course as I only play Pro clubs or Player career. 

So you can imagine how fuming I was when they put in a similar system for UT yet nothing for Pro Clubs. I am so disconnected from UT I did not even know about rivals until a few days ago, which prompted me to make this post here talking about how they can do something similar in pro clubs to replace drop in. No response naturally.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/What-Pro-Clubs-Needs-To-Be-Awesome/m-p/9393121/highlight/...

I have no hope in them.

So F it, i'm jumping ship at the soonest opportunity. Now on how to get Konami to focus on GK... :D

Message 5 of 14 (2,415 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Bkoo1234I actually gave you comment a very lengthy response describing why I don't have hope in EA but It must have been too revealing because they deleted it XD

Edit: Oh they restored it now... 

In short, I also hope they would make quality of life improvements.

But as they have not implemented most of the fair suggestions I and many other have given them regarding pro clubs and player career. And its been like this for 5 years straight. I see no reason to hope for meaningful additions. Not until they promise better, and are more transparent about their plans - which they have never been.

So with this said, since I play GK 99% of the time so as soon as Konami/PES overhauls their rudimentary GK controls i'm jumping ship.

Message 6 of 14 (2,450 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Ascendian drop me a word on if you ever make the jump to PES (PS4 - visualcomplexity). My team is currently looking for a keeper   😉
Message 7 of 14 (1,972 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks for the invitation, I will keep it in mind. If Konami overhauls the goalkeeping mechanics in PES I just might take you up on it. Wink

Message 8 of 14 (1,941 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is the last time I am buying FIFA. It was one of my fav games. But what's the point when u can never play with Ur fav players. Ppl pls stop buying FIFA from next year. EA should be given a lesson. Let's bring pes into our lives.

Message 9 of 14 (1,531 Views)

★ Guide

Most of the game has been ignored these last 7 years on PS4..

Career Mode

Gameplay

Edit/Create Modes

Bugs.....

Message 10 of 14 (1,512 Views)