Fifa 21 career mode crashing

by atulyamathew

Original Post

Fifa 21 career mode crashing

★★★★★ Novice

Fifa 21 career mode crashes each time I try to play a match. Now I have discovered 2 workarounds to this.

1. Go to Calendar and Sim past the current match. You can then play the next match. However the issue will reoccur when you exit the game and play the next time.

2  Go offline. You can then play the match. However as soon as you come back online the next match will have an issue.

Anyone else facing these issues on Xbox? Any fix on this EA? Career mode is unplayable currently.

Message 1 of 108 (20,431 Views)

Re: Fifa 21 career mode crashing

Community Manager
Hi @atulyamathew,

Can you try these steps please and let me know if they help? Sounds like a corrupt file somewhere.

If you highlight FIFA on the dashboard and then hit the Start button and select Manage Game you should see an option on the left that says Saved Data, select that and then select your gamertag to delete the local data from the console only.

Make sure you're only deleting it from the console and not from everywhere or you'll lose that save permanently.

After that just load FIFA and then continue the career as normal and you'll redownload the cloud version of the save.
EACade
Message 2 of 108 (20,406 Views)

★★ Novice

hi. I’ve followed those steps and they’ve made no difference I can’t play a single game on career mode just crashes out the game? 

Message 3 of 108 (20,376 Views)

★ Novice

This fix doesn’t work for me either, is this an issue with the disc or something that will have to be fixed with a patch update?

Message 4 of 108 (20,367 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi there,

Thank you for your patience and a possible solution. I did try your steps and the issue did not reoccur till now. I will test it again today to make sure and report back.

I see other folks are also facing the issue. One of my workarounds that I detected was going offline. If the issue was with my local save data, that would not have worked. Could it be that the cloud save data itself is corrupted? 

I will post feedback today as well.

Message 5 of 108 (20,358 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Cade ,

I can confirm your solution worked for me. I am no longer facing this issue.

Thank you.

atulyamathew

Message 6 of 108 (20,340 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Kezz91 Does it work when you try one of my workarounds? If not, then you have a different issue.
Message 7 of 108 (20,336 Views)

★★ Novice

No doesn’t work for me offline either! UT works fine tho! Guessing it’s something ea’s end ??

Message 8 of 108 (20,320 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Cade Sorry to say the bug is back. Game crashed again. Tried your fix to delete the local saved data and it did not work. Will this be addressed in a patch? For now I can try one of my workarounds but I would like some kind of fix to this.
Message 9 of 108 (20,287 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi Cade, I’m having this same issue. It’s really frustrating. Also, I use a PS4 so I don’t even know or see how to get to the ‘manage game’ tab. What do I do to solve this game crash issues?

Message 10 of 108 (20,125 Views)