Re: Fifa 20 lag during game play

by wengan_arg

Original Post

Fifa 20 lag during game play

★★ Novice

Hello, 

I am trying to play Fifa 20 (and Beta for 21) on my Xbox One via Streaming to my PC. My Xbox is wired to my Wifi Router and is giving Download speed of 220 and an upload of 19.92 with latency at 31ms and no packet loss. I then stream using the Xbox Console Companion App for Windows 10. 

When i attempted to play Fifa via Career mode (Manager or Player) and begin to play a match, I get incredible lag which does not happen during the menu screens nor if playing on TV screen. It is a struggle to play any match as the lag is so significant that I can miss whole actions or passages or play. I have tried altering my DNS to 1.1.1.1 (1.0.0.1), clearing my MAC address and rebooting Xbox and router but nothing has helped so far... 

Any help would be appreciated as I would like to be able to play my Xbox via my PC without any frustration... 

Thanks youStandard smile 

Message 1 of 6 (717 Views)

Community Manager

It sounds like you may be having issues with your connection @laurenf456. I would suggest taking a look at our Connection troubleshooting steps which you can find here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

It'll take you a couple of minutes to do them all but please do take the time and do them all.

Let me know how you get on and if you want to share your UO Trace then I'm happy to take a look at how your data is being routed.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (681 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi @EA_Darko

I am still having issues - i have attached my UO Trace to this response! 

Message 3 of 6 (663 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

Like many people, I'm also having problems in FUT matches with intermittent lag. It is a shame that it works like this, but even more so that they always respond to user connection problems, since there are many of us affected by different types of connections and providers.

Message 4 of 6 (603 Views)

Community Manager

Have you tried the steps I shared above @wengan_arg?

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 6 (572 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @laurenf456 your UO Trace isn't the worst but it is showing some very high ping times but the issue is that most hops are not showing any info I can use. It may be no harm speaking with your ISP, showing them the UO Trace and ask what they can recommend.

How far from your router and console are you when streaming? 

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (569 Views)