Fifa 20 is a broken game

by trickydicky1973

Original Post

Re: Fifa 20 is a broken game

★ Guide
@Emeruwa It's impossible. Exploiters just spam with trough balls on fast wings, and my defenders spectate like statues. That's my point from start, they must increase defenders agility.
Message 21 of 31 (811 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@BHLazioThis was the same issue I had FIFA 19 and since FIFA 20 is a patched version, its still there. AI defending is still a thing in the final third. Dribbling responsiveness and skill move responsiveness is just bad. Ball roll to a drag back is non existent. Other skill moves not registering. Smh

Message 22 of 31 (801 Views)

★★★★ Guide
@trickydicky1973 EA patches make it worse as usual!!
Message 23 of 31 (789 Views)

★★ Novice

Are there any PC players here? Please share your id so that we could become friends on Origin. I need friends there to complete the Icon swaps that will be released on 11th October. mine is animesh_figo

Message 24 of 31 (775 Views)

★★ Novice

by using L2+R2 and standing in front of the guy who passes, ofcourse you cant always intercept it. Just like in real live. But when he gets through you need the right timing to tackle him otherwise he will go 1 on1 with the keeper easily. I can make a tutorial though of how to defend. Some people spam circle and say 'defending in this fifa is too hard'. Ofcourse if u spam circle all the time. You just need to stand in front of your opponnent 

Message 25 of 31 (770 Views)

★★ Novice

btw, if your oponnent goes to the wing everytime, let him go. He cant create alot from the wing (crosses). so when he gets on the wing and runs too the cornes then pressure with 2 guys aggresively and you will get a counter goal easily. the most important about defending is that you stand your position and dont let pass/run through the middle. if u keep this up for a long time, your oponnent will get frustrated and he will start crossing on the wings. When he does this you can pass it through the middle using a cam/cm/cdm. fifa 20 is a mindgame like real football.

Message 26 of 31 (768 Views)

★ Guide

You can't come close to pace monsters, isn't problem timing.  I think legqcy defending should fix all this.

Message 27 of 31 (749 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Defence is ridiculous. Im constantly changing the game setting, trying to have less issues. Attacker essily pass trough defenders and their always bad positioned. No way to set offside rule. Also, the midfielders and full back do not recover defensive position and their coming back just walking pace

Message 28 of 31 (716 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

some of theese comments are actually stupid you have to think about defending etc gameplays awfull ball physics are non existent ball bounces of 3 defenders before it magically lands at attackers feet then you goalkeeper decides to moves 5 yards to left or right so you concede year in year out game gets more pay to win ruined cause kids spend hundreds on the game stop feeding said company money then you will see a true change look at assasins creed etc even wwe 2k now games that have to change to a hardcore pissed of fan base

Message 29 of 31 (589 Views)

There were a lot of posts here and a lot of information was relayed to the OP regarding defending.

I will add what I know:

-The defense is a lot more realistic now with how defenders respond to the attackers and how the attackers respond to the defenders. In high-pressuring instances, defenders are more prone to making mistakes and losing the ball. To prevent this, having players with good Pace, Passing, Dribbling, Defending and Physicality can make a difference. Take the players I play as CB on my FUT account, they have:

*Around 80 Pace

*Around 80 Vision

*Around 90 Short Passing

*Around 80 Agility

*Around 80 Balance

*Around 90 Composure

*Around 90 Interceptions

*Around 80 Heading Accuracy

*Around 85 Marking

*Around 90 Stand Tackle

*Around 90 Slide Tackle

*99 Jumping

*Around 90 Stamina

*Around 80 Strength

*Around 90 Aggression

(These are the stats of my CB's without even applying Chemistry) (I would apply Shadow on them with these stats)

The thing is, my CB's are actually CDM's and I switch them to CB's in-game (so they get the full boost).

Even when playing other game modes, I have found great success in playing players that are not CB's as CB's.

I know Lucas Digne and David Alaba are great non-CB players that can play CB better than most CB's in CM.

-In-game tactics and the formation you are playing does make a difference. I struggle with defending and have found success in playing a 4-2-3-1 with Drop Back Tactics 3-Width and 2-Depth (I needed to counter through balls as best as I could). I also play Fast Build up with a Width of 4 to be able to counter-attack when the opponent applies pressure and punish them for it. Find what works for you. This works for me due to playing crosses and being bad at defense!

-A wired connection and playing when the servers aren't impacted also makes a difference! If it is a promo day please be aware of the times when you decide to play as having more players playing on the servers can severe your own connection to the servers and result in "bad-gameplay." I try to play either early in the morning or later at night and have had good results.

Hope I was able to help, cheers!

**I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA**

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 30 of 31 (1,525 Views)