Re: Fifa 20 is a broken game

by KuRRRenT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Fifa 20 is a broken game

★★ Apprentice

Can someone please help me I'm not new to fifa games been playing since fifa 97 I think I'm a decent player not a fantastic player but before I went to work I decided to play this game before I went to work around 5.30 am I played against the computer because online there are too many idiots I play as liverpool my team I've supported as a boy and the season they had last season you think it would be inputted into the game I was wrong I truly is awful at defending I played against Yeovil Town the game was playing good I'm at anfield having shots scoring goals creating chances passing really good 7-0 up at half time and then for some reason it stops working its like Liverpool are scared to death of Yeovil there having all the shots chances passing good for them however mine I can't pass the ball create anything or shoot or even tackle them because my players are too far away I haven't got 10ft legs they even score 2 I decided to quit the game now if I had left it alone they would have scored 5 goals now this isn't acceptable because with liverpool's full strength team c'mon now how many teams come to anfield and dominate the home side this game is so unrealistic beyond belief I welcome the patch its driving me bonkers and only had the game a week please fix this broken game ea or I'm going on pes I'm not having it anymore put up with this long enough even did this in fifa 16 17 18 and 19.

Message 1 of 31 (1,745 Views)

Accepted Solution

There were a lot of posts here and a lot of information was relayed to the OP regarding defending.

I will add what I know:

-The defense is a lot more realistic now with how defenders respond to the attackers and how the attackers respond to the defenders. In high-pressuring instances, defenders are more prone to making mistakes and losing the ball. To prevent this, having players with good Pace, Passing, Dribbling, Defending and Physicality can make a difference. Take the players I play as CB on my FUT account, they have:

*Around 80 Pace

*Around 80 Vision

*Around 90 Short Passing

*Around 80 Agility

*Around 80 Balance

*Around 90 Composure

*Around 90 Interceptions

*Around 80 Heading Accuracy

*Around 85 Marking

*Around 90 Stand Tackle

*Around 90 Slide Tackle

*99 Jumping

*Around 90 Stamina

*Around 80 Strength

*Around 90 Aggression

(These are the stats of my CB's without even applying Chemistry) (I would apply Shadow on them with these stats)

The thing is, my CB's are actually CDM's and I switch them to CB's in-game (so they get the full boost).

Even when playing other game modes, I have found great success in playing players that are not CB's as CB's.

I know Lucas Digne and David Alaba are great non-CB players that can play CB better than most CB's in CM.

-In-game tactics and the formation you are playing does make a difference. I struggle with defending and have found success in playing a 4-2-3-1 with Drop Back Tactics 3-Width and 2-Depth (I needed to counter through balls as best as I could). I also play Fast Build up with a Width of 4 to be able to counter-attack when the opponent applies pressure and punish them for it. Find what works for you. This works for me due to playing crosses and being bad at defense!

-A wired connection and playing when the servers aren't impacted also makes a difference! If it is a promo day please be aware of the times when you decide to play as having more players playing on the servers can severe your own connection to the servers and result in "bad-gameplay." I try to play either early in the morning or later at night and have had good results.

Hope I was able to help, cheers!

**I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA**

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 30 of 31 (1,526 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

They have made defending a lot harder this year. And they released a patch (Title Update #2) which supposedly makes it even harder.

I totally understand the disappointment this year. I've been playing since FIFA 97 too. I haven't seen a buggier release ever. It's sad that PES has its own set of issues too, else everyone complaining here would totally switch in an instant.

We are pretty much helpless in this and have to wait for the good old days of well finished football games to return.

Message 2 of 31 (1,720 Views)

★ Guide

Game is absolute out of balance and every game I play more I see new catastrophe. This become like a PES, you control 20% of the game and rest just spectate, also you know after 2-3 minutes you will win or lose. Apsolute catastrophe.

Message 3 of 31 (1,709 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Gameplay is horrible my defenders start rushing up to a cdm into cm while my opponents running at me towards goal and ends up a goal almost every time before someone say’s  don’t have my player up so high I don’t I’m at the point where I can’t but them back anymore and my forwards can’t make anything defending in general is impossible and POTM TEEMU PUKKI is a joke he can’t finish to save his life he’s extremely shocking even tho stats show different 84 shooting then with chem style it could be 90 but seems like he  feels like 70 then the shooting bar gone I liked it was in on Friday then the following day it’s gone it helped me and I’m sure I’ll admit I’m not a great player but I’m decent enough but this game atm is a joke 

Message 4 of 31 (1,698 Views)

★ Guide

Defenders are static idiotic woods against superfast magical attackers.

I'm playing, winning 80% games, but this looks ridiculous.

Message 5 of 31 (1,689 Views)

★★ Guide
@BHLazio It's not a bad change. This is to encourage manual defending and user related inputs in defending
Message 6 of 31 (1,648 Views)

★ Guide
@Emeruwa Controls and mechanics are perfect, they just need to speed up defenders or increase their agility.
Message 7 of 31 (1,640 Views)

★★ Guide
@BHLazio My only issue is that manual defending isn't good enough. I can't even intercept through balls. Manual defending needs fixing again
Message 8 of 31 (1,633 Views)

★ Guide
@Emeruwa I saw that and thats because defenders agility is zero + pace glitch. Its enough to pass strong ball in open space and defenders become stupid and 90+ paced players just fly.
Message 9 of 31 (1,611 Views)

★★ Apprentice

It's alright saying this but it should be done before the game comes out I didn't pay 70 quid to have half the game there can't be testing the game with all these faults what do they do in 12 months work just get some overpaid footballer to do the motion side of things totally unacceptable as the game is and even then it still won't be right just listen to people ea that's all we ask just doing it there way as usual we pay for this game we should have the right how it works. 

Message 10 of 31 (1,584 Views)