Feedback + Wishlist

by TTZ_Dipsy

Original Post

Re: Feedback + Wishlist

★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Yes I know that. I'm saying if there was a way just like there is in professional hockey real life when say the center gets booted from the faceoff and someone else has to step and take it. Like when I have a line where my wingers are both decent faceoff attributes and my center has awful stats. I would like to have my winger take the faceoff but then move to winger after the faceoff.

Thanks for the reply btw.
Message 21 of 48 (667 Views)

Community Manager

@BillCarmody 

You're very welcome!

This is something I'd like to see introduced for offline play. Online, it could possibly upset people as it could add to the length of games if someone is continually getting kicked from faceoffs.

Aljo.png
Message 22 of 48 (664 Views)

NHL 22 Enhancements

★ Apprentice

@EA_Blueberry @EA_Aljo @EA_Zoe @EA_Guy 

Some feedback for NHL 22 below. NHL 21 upgrades are good. I love this game...

1. Every user wants to play with their friends online. Users are not in the same home to play on the same team together, especially during a global pandemic. For NHL 22, ensure every mode available allows users to play together online. Users have the most fun with their friends, in a party, playing together online. This applies to HUT, CHEL, PRACTICE, etc. Allow for 3v3, 4v4 and 5v5 game modes with friends online.

2. Continue CPU upgrades...
 a. Allow for a man-to-man defensive setting while playing. Why does every setting have to be a zone defense? Program CPU players to defend the closest opponent to them in a man-to-man defense.

b. On offense, program CPU to sit in front of the net to receive the one-timer. This is the best way to score in the game. CPU fades away from the net too much.

3. Allow for international rinks to be used for multiple game modes.

4. Simplify the menus. There are way too many screens to go through when i’m customizing my player with presentation and equipment, changing club arenas. Too many bags to open in CHEL and HUT. Ultimately, the less clicks and screens to go through, the better. 

Message 23 of 48 (594 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is too much. Look at NHL 22 Enhancements post for changes at a high level

Message 24 of 48 (598 Views)

★★★ Novice

Would also like to see a PC port as well as cross-platform play. Especially with next gen coming out, not all my friends buy the same console and it would be nice to play with all of them together. Would also allow PS players to play against Xbox players and vice versa. 

For World of Chel specifically, I'd like to see my character actually progress and get better, putting points into stats that make him better and don't take away from other traits (similar to how FIFA handles their Pro Clubs). Also revising the playoff format. Some mix of how it used to be and how it is now. I like the ranking system, but I am only a gold or platinum playing against elites in Div 1 and can't get consistent enough to actually rank up because we always play such good opponents.

Message 25 of 48 (582 Views)

★★★ Novice
@TTZ_Dipsy Being able to open all hockey bags at once.
Message 26 of 48 (581 Views)

★★★ Novice
@TTZ_Dipsy Would also like to see slap passes be an actual pass. A fake slapshot to actually pass the puck to either collect it or one time it. I do not like the auto-deflection that it always does. It is useful sometimes but other times I want to fake the slapshot and quickly pass the puck over for a one timer (Carlson-Ovechkin style)
Message 27 of 48 (575 Views)

[ Edited ]

@cheetahmiller51 

An open all function for chel bags is a little lower on my list of needs but it would still definitely be nice to have. Even if it doesn't get added, I'm hoping the potential faster animations and inputs on next gen consoles will make the process smoother.

I don't really see anybody utilize slap passes but I'm also not surprised with how awkward it can be - that said, I'm not sure they have many options in regards to remapping the controls.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Don't be sad, this is just how it works out sometimes
Message 28 of 48 (571 Views)

Re: NHL 22 Enhancements

Community Manager

@nowillski 

Thanks for the feedback. I have merged your post with the Feedback + Wishlist thread.

Aljo.png
Message 29 of 48 (547 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Be A Pro:

- Add back ability to choose your player's starting age and play full junior seasons or full seasons in europe (not only champions league)

- Keep the current quicker way to start the career as one off the career starting options

- Possibility to go undrafted if you play that badly

- Add back playing in the AHL

- Put being demoted to CHL/AHL back in

- Negotiating your contract's salary and duration

- Fix: conversations and challenges have the answers in wrong boxes in some occasions still

- Add the salary cap back: in NHL21 the there doesn't seem to be one in BAP and it becomes really unrealistic

- Fix the issue: starting in CHL or Europe currently burns a contract year from all the players

- Fix the AI GMs so they would actually sign their FAs and at least RFAs more often than not, and to not make unnecessary roster turnovers

- Add a possibility to decline becoming a captain off the team (i don't want to take the C from Toews or McDavid) and possibility to just get the A instead of C.

- Add back the weekly training reminder, but with the ability to enble/disable it at any time

- Further develop the likeability meters: they are maxed out too quickly and easily

-Give info about BAP players injury and it's duration, also it should be possible to get injured in the first season

-Trade and FA signing tracker (there was one in NHL20, readd something similar please)

-Fix the Razor's edge screen inside the match: It shows my Goals scored for the other player too, instead of the correct amount.

-Ability to disable Cybulski announcing the game results: him announcing the results at every turn gets quite annoying by the 2nd season (but you want to hear them talking about your player sometimes so just muting them from audio settings isn't a proper option)

- Being able to veto the trades as some of them are completely unrealistic. (it's your own save so having more control won't hurt anyone)

- Idea: there is no "reward" for getting drafted early in the draft and your overall is really low to start in the NHL, how about the following:

Drafted in top10: +5 to all attributes

Drafted later in 1st round: +3 to attributes

2nd round: +2

3rd round: +1

Message 30 of 48 (517 Views)