Re: Sweet Treat Showdown Event

by kg122cin3h6t

Original Post

[Feedback] Sweet Treat Showdown - Charming Gardens

Community Manager
sweet treat banner.PNG

Sul Sul Simmers, o/ 

Following all of the great insightful feedback you provided in our last feedback thread (see here), we wanted to make sure you could continue to do that for the Sweet Treat Showdown - Charming Gardens event. Heart

Please use this dedicated space to share your thoughts and experiences competing in the bake off event with us. While we won't be able to respond individually to everyone, we will be taking it all on board. Standard smile

(If you'd like to learn more about how the Sweet Treat Showdown events work, check out the FAQ guide @SimGuruMaaike posted Standard smile)

- Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 70 (3,431 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Guys,

am I the only one for whom a new sweet treat quest started?

Different prizes.

Now it takes 475 cookies instead of 425 to open a normal box. Are they serious?

It takes 8 crowns to open a royal box.

Same number of cookies and crowns given for the special activities. Same formula for the baking event.

The prizes are not so pretty (at least to me). Just a lot of small gardening stuff.

The design team just doesn't listen to us.

Design team, listen: as promised for this quest I will not use any cupcake, simcash or real money. I'll get what I get. 

This type of event is TERRIBLE.

Message 1 of 70 (3,394 Views)

Sweet Treat Showdown- Charming Gardens

★★★★★ Pro

Seriously, EA, trying this type of event again??

Honestly, after the disappointing feedback from the 1st SS, 

why are you doing this again without doing some serious tweaking? 

Also, IMHO, the prizes are a bit underwhelming.   Garden Hose, Garden Tool Rack, Jeans, Gardening Aprons ?

Not worth spending SimCash, Cupcakes, Simoleans, or my Time.  

Not trying to be ungrateful, but you really need to step it up

Prize Wise if you want players to invest in the playing the game, WITHOUT going broke using Resources and/or Real Money.  👎

Message 2 of 70 (2,752 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@kg122cin3h6t wrote:

Guys,

am I the only one for whom a new sweet treat quest started?

Different prizes.

Now it takes 475 cookies instead of 425 to open a normal box. Are they serious?

It takes 8 crowns to open a royal box.

Same number of cookies and crowns given for the special activities. Same formula for the baking event.

The prizes are not so pretty (at least to me). Just a lot of small gardening stuff.

The design team just doesn't listen to us.

Design team, listen: as promised for this quest I will not use any cupcake, simcash or real money. I'll get what I get. 

This type of event is TERRIBLE.

@kg122cin3h6t 

I got Part 2 as well & ITA with what you’re saying!  

Very Disappointing to say the least! 

I even made a new post about it before I saw your comments here! 

Hope EA or FM start to read the comments before doing this type of event yet again.   

Fool Me Once .... 

Message 3 of 70 (3,386 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@katclawsx3 The newest event! What a joke! Haha haha ! I'm not going to use any money anymore and EVER for TSM.
Message 5 of 70 (3,374 Views)

Re: [Feedback] Sweet Treat Showdown - Charming Gardens

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

You read the feedback from the the first quest,right?

And made it worse.

Nice work. I'll skip this one thanks.

Message 6 of 70 (3,362 Views)

★★★★★ Pro
@EA_Lanna 
@Viankri wrote:
@katclawsx3The newest event! What a joke! Haha haha ! I'm not going to use any money anymore and EVER for TSM.

Seriously, EA, trying this type of event again??

Honestly, after the disappointing feedback from the 1st SS, 

why are you doing this again without doing some serious tweaking? 

Also, IMHO, the prizes are a bit underwhelming.   Garden Hose, Garden Tool Rack, Jeans, Gardening Aprons ?

Not worth spending SimCash, Cupcakes, Simoleans, or my Time.  

Not trying to be ungrateful, but you really need to step it up

Prize Wise if you want players to invest in the playing the game, WITHOUT going broke using Resources and/or Real Money.  👎

~~~~~~~~~~~

I made a separate post about this earlier and posted the above comments.  I will try to delete it so that the Feedback from SS part 2 - Charming Gardens can stay in one thread.  

If I can’t get it delete, please feel free to do so. TIA ~ kat

Message 7 of 70 (3,262 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

@EA_Lanna I just hope that I can use llama Zoom for some cookies. I just sent Emily to Antarctica. She's coming back in an hour. So I guess we'll just see then.

Edit: unfortunately no llama zooms

Message 8 of 70 (3,258 Views)

★ Guide

In the first 3 baking challenges, none of them offered to buy more sugar. It's completely impossible to get to the ends of these challenges with only 30 sugar. There's also less options to spend sim cash, simoleons, and cupcakes to increase your odds. I also noticed less chances to get royal tokens in a round.

The rounds also start with LOWER percentages than before. Round 1 used to start at 90%, now it's 85%. So it costs EVEN MORE SUGAR to get through EACH round.

This challenge is actually MORE difficult than the last one. I can't imagine these are the changes that players requested.

I failed 2/3 of the first challenges. 1 was failed at 92%, the next was 95%. 

Message 9 of 70 (3,239 Views)

★★ Guide
@givememore86
Sadly, Emily failed to bring sweet treat tokens with her. So no changes made to llama zoom rewards either ☹️
Message 10 of 70 (3,223 Views)