Re: [Feedback] Sweet Treat Showdown - Catwalk Fabulous

by JustJazzy81

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm really wanting some sort of furniture packs that are a little more modern.

The sweet treat bake off challenges have all had awesome kitchen cupboards and ovens! I wish they were available to win or purchase?

I feel like the game is being modernised, but some of the home items are very outdated. 

the pastel kitchen in the first bake off was gorgeous. can't we make those available with the better ovens?

pretty please with a cherry on the top. 

even an idea for next bake off event 😊

Message 11 of 26 (1,390 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Positive Feedback

• The Studio made tweaks to the Sweet Tweet Challenge and I honestly feel that they made a positive impact. Somehow the challenges honestly do feel more balanced. Sure, I don’t win them every time, and I’m still spending precious SimCash in the early rounds when it’s cheaper to recover from a dessert disaster, but overall, the event feels more manageable, and I believe I can accomplish it in the time allotted.
  •  I think the implementation of the side quest to unlock more tokens along the was a positive addition.
  • I do feel like the Studio is listening to players. They definitely don’t agree with all feedback from players, but the simple fact that positive tweaks to the game are being made in each update is great, and shows that they are listening and responding to feedback. For example, a) players felt that the event was too hard in the early days of the event, so they removed some of the rounds that didn’t yield as many tokens; b) players did’t like the length of the events, so they reduced them; c) players wanted additional ways to earn tokens, so they added the side quest; d) players wanted a new career/hobby, so they added one. These changes are really steps in the right direction and specific feedback I’ve read from players along the way. It feels good to be heard. 

Critical Feedback

• The novelty of the baking event, and even the Wumples quests, was really great, but honestly it has worn, and I’m nervous thinking about how many of these events we have left. Or, is this our life now?
  • I think there is a lot to be said about player satisfaction and happiness in a game when they have autonomy and choice in the prizes they receive. The prizes in these events are still loot box style, and there is no self-selection or prizes or the order in which they are awarded. I miss the event style of my three favorite events: Halloween Haunt, 12 Days of Winterfest, and Be My Valentine. In each of these events players still had grand prizes to work towards, but they also had smaller prizes to win (at varying token values), and could choose which prizes to save up for and unlock. Therefore, even if they didn’t win the grand prizes, at least they walked away with prizes they selected in the event. These three events were fantastic, and it was the self-selection of prizes that contributed to that. I don’t want to upset the studio after all of their hard work, but I also don’t want to go into the fall and winter holiday events exclusively doing bake-offs and wumples. Frown

57440F04-E150-45E4-ABD6-BEF8EA4104B5.jpeg

Message 12 of 26 (1,355 Views)

★★★ Pro

Not happy with i"improvements" to the seven round challenge that Bitter Sweet Lady. She always fails if you're under 85% you have to always be over 90% in order to win the round it's not fair I waste simoleons simcash and cupcakes every single time I get her. Please no more sweet treat challenges.

Message 13 of 26 (1,306 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Everything is good so far...

My only feedback, the thing that really annoys me is:

The chance of getting a new item is clearly rigged to favor a new swatch to items that you have earned. For example:

- at the previous event (gardening), I got all 6 swatches of succulent vertical wall planter IN ONE GO, meaning that when I redeemed around 10,000 sweet treats, 6 of those were 6 swatches of vertical wall planters, in succession. And that was during 6th or 8th day of the event...

- at the previous event (gardening), I didn’t get the plumeria shrub at all until I redeemed my LAST 2,375 sweet tokens to redeem 5 LAST sweet boxes in which all contained the plumeria shrubs.

while I didnt really complain for the wall planters bc it was clearly in my favor, it really annoyed me how I didnt get the plumeria shrubs at all. I dont even like the item that much but cmon. When it happens, the game’s RNG is clearly rigged.

- milder but newer example, at the current event (moschino), out of 10 sweet boxes, the game has given me 3 swatches of moschino male pants. While I still havent gotten, the wall light, female outfits, and the mirror. When i redeemed the boxes, the game kept giving me new swatches instead of getting me an item i havent owned yet. It’s really annoying. I get that its luck based but really, look at my gardening baking event examples, can you tell me with a straight face that its not rigged?????

Message 14 of 26 (1,296 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@simmerdownMAL 

ICAM.

Those are Awesome Examples of 2 of my most Favorite Events (Halloween & Winterfest/Christmas) of all time as well! 

I loved having the Progress Timelines & was happy to work towards the prize goals.   Plus, there was a very good variety of fun prizes. 

I also LOVED that we were able to put out a Candy Bowl  that automatically filled up which helped players, that couldn’t be tied to the game 24/7 .

I so wish they would bring back Events that were geared that way 

As far as Wumples Wishlists goes I really don’t like that any prizes are awarded until the end & they don’t always cater to all genders!  If you play for 4 days & something IRL comes up (is: unstable internet) you basically lost all your time & resources.  

IMO,  1 prize should be awarded after each section is completed and then maybe a “grand prize” awarded for completing all the days. 

@rewatches 

I also agree with you about the color swatches!  

On the STS-gardening event, I got the Flower Barrel in 3 shades of Brown. Seriously?!  

IMO I would rather the prizes be given out first and then do the color swatches.  I know one of the “improvements” was supposed to be no more duplicates, but the color swatches are kinda the same.

I get that not everyone is going to get the Rare or the Uncommon prizes, but for heavens sake,  using so many cookies just to get a color swatch is just disappointing for all the time and resources used. 

Another thing that feels rigged is why does every household item break during these events?

And while I’m on my rant, why do the Heirlooms seem to be impossible to get?  If I try for a Common Ticket, I get a duplicate that can be sold for a couple of Uncommon tickets.  And the same thing happens with the Uncommon to the Rare tickets.  

The only way I can get them now is by saving them up since the original way to get them no longer seems to apply. 

GAH,  I miss the good old days when TSM first came out. 

I want REAL Fixes & REAL Improvements— Not just trading one set of problems for new ones 🙄

Message 15 of 26 (1,280 Views)

I have a couple of suggestions that might really improve the Sweet Treat event.

My first thought is that when doing a showdown and you spend simoleons to buy the candies (both the square ones and the crown ones), if you fail the challenge you should at least get the ones you paid for along with the paltry consolation prize. Side note, maybe the consolation prize ought to be like half or at least a third of what was in your basket? I may be asking for too much with that, though.

My second thought is that if you have sugar cubes left over from a showdown that they should carry over to the next time you do a showdown. Many times I'll finish a round to find I have 2 or 4 sugar cubes left--not enough to get me through another round, so I take my winnings and leave. It would be super useful if the next showdown I play I get those leftover cubes tacked on, so that it would increase my odds of completing more rounds and getting more candies.

I'm not a big fan of this kind of event. I wholeheartedly agree with @katclawsx3, @simmerdownMAL, and others who have said we want to go back to the kind of event like Halloween and Winterfest. But if you're going to ignore us and continue on with this Sweet Treat format, well these ideas would make it a bit more...palatable.

Message 16 of 26 (1,267 Views)

★★★★ Guide

My feedback about this new baking event.

- The difficulty of the event have been improved. If you play hard and smart, it is possible to get the grand prize without using simcash, cupcakes and using a much lower amout of simoleons.

- I don't like this type of event, no matter how much they improve it.

- Like other people said, in this case the challenges are not related to the main event: it's a fashion event, why are we baking pastries?

- With this type of event we are putting aside other scopes which should be vital for The Sims Mobile instead:

1. To be able to finish this event, I had to keep my four sims, even if my intention before that the event started was to retire them. I always make my sims complete 1 career, 1 hobby and 2 relationships, then I retire them. For now I can't do it, because I need to earn as much simoleons as possible and with a sim at the beginning of a career/hobby I wouldn't. 

2. I would like to redo my house, but I don't think I have enough simoleons to do it. So I am keeping the house structure and colors as they are, even if I don't like them anymore.

3. I am not buying any item from the CAS, because I don't want to spend simoleons.

- This type of even is stale, we already had three in less than one month.

- I don't say to abolish these events at all, if Firemonkeys love them so much (spoiler: we don't). They could be bearable if we had them every 2/3 months, alternated with some funnier type of event. This would also make us able to recover some resources, change our sims and house, ...

- As many other said, the game is losing connection much more often since the last update. This happened to me 1 hour ago, exactly in the moment when my sim was moving to the green area to play a baking challenge. I had to close and re-open the game and surprise: it said that I had to wait 4 hours for the next available baking event. Honestly am not even mad because these baking events are teaching us to be beaten, to be frustrated, to spend simoleons and cupcakes and not getting anything if the system decides that a 93% chance of win is not enough. I contacted the EA help but I expect nothing. I understand that in the last period they are not replying to anybody or they are just replying that they can't do anything.

- I want too the Winterfest and Halloween type of events back.

- I want too some re-run of past events: back to school, career events that I don't have, ... 

- I want Maxis back.

Message 17 of 26 (1,246 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@kg122cin3h6t wrote:

- As many other said, the game is losing connection much more often since the last update. This happened to me 1 hour ago, exactly in the moment when my sim was moving to the green area to play a baking challenge. I had to close and re-open the game and surprise: it said that I had to wait 4 hours for the next available baking event. Honestly am not even mad because these baking events are teaching us to be beaten, to be frustrated, to spend simoleons and cupcakes and not getting anything if the system decides that a 93% chance of win is not enough. I contacted the EA help but I expect nothing. I understand that in the last period they are not replying to anybody or they are just replying that they can't do anything.

Q.E.D.

The supoport replied me that they are sorry and just linked me to the Troubleshooting EA page for Android devices.

Message 18 of 26 (1,226 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Sweet Treat Showdown now is finally doable.

I can complete it normally by the end of the countdown, without spending real money. but I would like to give some advice, please now focus more on new features/contents of the base game... Updates that only add new events after a while are no longer electrifying.

Message 19 of 26 (1,137 Views)

Re: Next showdown has modelling career as a grand prize

★★★★ Expert

So, 4 days left for this latest showdown event & it seems easier than the previous ones but I still lost a LOT of simoleons coz I like taking risks which makes my showdowns 50/50. I tried to reach the farthest part of the showdown, part 7 or 8 but I only won 16 out of 32 showdowns. I may be able to get the needed sweet treat tokens but still not sure for the royal tokens. I still need 46 royal tokens, so I need to win 12 royal tokens per day.

Moral lesson: Play the showdowns safe. Quit while you have 4 or 5 royal tokens. As I said before this event is NOT good for gambler types!

Message 20 of 26 (1,075 Views)