Re: Fanatics stats

by Tstillman24

Original Post

Fanatics stats

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Correct me if i’m wrong, but it looks like upgrading this unit does not improve the special ability, just the dps and the health (as usual).

So i’m guessing we all get to play with this unit right away. Standard smile

…one might even argue that upgrading it is bad alltogether, since that would only improve its survivability and delay the player from getting it to buff your units. Nerd

Message 1 of 10 (608 Views)

★ Guide

Good point about not upgrading it in order to get the buff sooner

Message 2 of 10 (593 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Maybe their health should rise much slower compared to other units. Also their squad size should increase as they level up. A level 1 to 5 has 2 members, 6 to 10 has 3 members, and 11 to 15 has 4 members.

Message 3 of 10 (587 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Once one member dies you want the rest to survive until the first buff expires right? Somehow survivability helps maybe

Message 4 of 10 (546 Views)

★ Guide

Let them rot in nearby Tiberium to give your units in advantage quickly.

Message 5 of 10 (539 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

The squad members would die at the same time, making the stacking negligible. If it was the case, I could see a flame tank with the speed of a JJT. It would destroy the enemy base faster than a disruptor can.

Message 6 of 10 (524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Is your avatar too weak and you want to buff it with fanatics, but enemy refuses to attack your fanatics?

No problem!

Blow up your own fanatics with a catalyst missile!! Its like an Oxanna buff, but with an EPIC EXPLOSION!!!

Message 7 of 10 (507 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I could let this happen in a practice match and see a tick tank move faster than a cyberwheel. Fanatic sounds like a good unit to give yourself a boost in desperate times. I could see a scenario happen like this: 2 flame tanks come out from either base. One has a fanatic squad with him; The other flame tank kills the fanatic, bad news to him. Now the flame tank that has the deceased fanatic would rush at full speed and melt the enemy's base from the inside out.

Message 8 of 10 (490 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@KelinDrawn wrote:

…one might even argue that upgrading it is bad alltogether, since that would only improve its survivability and delay the player from getting it to buff your units.

But without upgrading them, they are useless for fighting against infantry. You only have so many slots in your deck, and you already need to throw out one unit to make room for the Fanatics if you want to use them.

Message 9 of 10 (462 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Usually it replaces Fanaticism and you can have drilled flame troopers replaces the standard one.

Message 10 of 10 (453 Views)