FUT matchmak

by whythisisdumb

Original Post

FUT matchmak

★★★ Novice

Yet another day of completely pathetic matchmaking on FUT, division 6 so I'm not great, but dear god, at least 50% of the players i get matched with are not my skill level, 30% are clearly a lower skill level and 20% are there or thereabouts, that 50% is ridiculous, that makes a game NEAR impossible to play. Seriously sort this out for fifa 21 or you'll lose a LOT of players, there is only so long an issue can remain in a game before players get tired of it.

Message 1 of 6 (456 Views)

Re: FUT matchmak

[ Edited ]

@whythisisdumbWhat would you suggest for a fix? This is not just an EA problem. Matchmaking is a "Hot Topic" across many games!

**I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA**

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 6 (360 Views)

★★ Guide
@Izzy_FUT_Dubs Matchmaking is a thing, the amount of times I played elite3 players while I was in silver2. Disgusting.
Message 3 of 6 (340 Views)

★ Guide

@Izzy_FUT_Dubs The fix is to take objectives out of Rivals, so to give Rivals divisions some integrity.

The reason people drop levels (against EAs terms, you say) is because they have a reason to do it.  If Rivals was a standalone set of divisions, people would have no reason to level-drop, and every match would be a credible one. In every scenario, players should be trying to do their best in order to achieve more. That is the opposite to the situation at the moment where players are encouraged by easy rewards to drop levels, and make the game impossible down the divisions.

Message 4 of 6 (319 Views)

★★★ Novice

Possibly across EA games, but even on the likes of COD it is nowhere near as bad as on FIFA. Rivals is the issue, basing matchmaking on what division someone is in (certainly appears to be the case) is just lazy. If someone reaches the heights of div 4 chances are they are a div 4 player, they didn't get lucky up to that point. If a player goes in a loses say 10-20 games on purpose to lower themselves down a division, keep them at the higher skill level. Problem Solved.

Message 5 of 6 (283 Views)

★ Guide

The trouble with that is that there needs to be relegation, otherwise everyone would be at the top. Except me, I'd still be on zero skill points on my own in D10 :D

Message 6 of 6 (279 Views)