Re: FUT 20 cycle

by MrMack80

Original Post

Accepted Solution

FUT 20 cycle

★ Novice

I’m at my wits end and about to stop playing FUT 20 but thought I’d do a post before I do.

I have a decent team, i know some of this will come down to skill but I’ve been playing for ages now, practising skill moves, practising defending, watching videos, upgrading the team, not sprinting, practising all the types of passing etc etc.

And this is what happens;

Division 10, win streak going from 50 points to about 150 max then I can’t stop losing until I’m in division 10 again.

I haven’t been able to get out of division 10 or stay In division 9 for long at all.

Does anyone have any recommendations about why this is happening as it’s so frustrating. I’ve tried taking breaks between losses everything, I just can’t seem to stay consistent enough to win.

In the games that I lose the opponent usually scores in the first 3-4 mins, so I’ve been working on joy letting that happen, but my team just seems sluggish and slow when I get promoted and it loses me enough games to go back down again.

Any help or tips would be appreciated before get rid of the game

Message 1 of 8 (569 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero

@JReedy09yeah 424 is easy to beat. 4231 and 442 are the best. I actually play 451 and switch to 41212 and have a lot of fun, but if i need to be a bit more solid in a slow paced game it's 4231 and if i want to go aggressive attacking 442.

Fast build up is terrible most of the time, it will push forward your central midfielders out of position leaving you easy to play through.

Try playing defence - pressure on heavy touch - this means you will automatcally press whenever the AI thinks the opponent takes a heavy touch, it uses way less stamina (hardly any actually) than constant press or constant pressure and is more unpredictable for you opponent to play out of.
Attacking wise balanced is fine, make sure you have at least one cm/cdm staying back and cover centre and all your cdms/cms on cover centre if you put your fullbacks on stay back also, which is more solid and will help defend a lot of counter attacks from 433 variants and 424 and anyone using stay forward instructions.

If you have a decent cdm and pacey backline you can play a higher defensive line than 4, this will enable you, along with pressure on heavy touch, to win the ball back in midfield or straight from the opponent rather than drop back and defend your penalty area. But 1 to 3 depth drop back narrow width is widely used to shut up shop, i don't recommend this as it is boring, but you might enjoy sitting on a lead and defending all game.

Looking at your team in a critical way, i like most of your players but honestly Laporte is not good enough at this stage of the game, neither is 83 Martial or Benjamin mendy 80 - if that is the Mendy you are using. Aso you will notice a big difference if every player in your back line is 85+, centre backs 88+. try to get defenders with pace around 90+, composure and reactions over 90 too aswell as solid deensive and physical obviously. Defenders feel much more useable if their agility is high, cb's agility over 75 ideally and full backs over 85 so you can defend sweaty 99 agility dragback wingers/forwards.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (446 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
@JReedy09 What's your team? & for the gameplay, don't take it too serious bc there are some issues with it. There is also no skillgap, this game is based on tactics..
Message 2 of 8 (535 Views)

★ Novice
@MrMack80 It’s so frustrating! Here’s my team:
91 Griezman / Mbappe upfront
LW martial
RW Dembele
Cm 96 Kroos/kante
CB laporte/ 88 Hernandez
LB Mendy RB Kyle Walker

I find balanced plays best for some reason but I play on balanced defence and fast build up 4 width 5 in box 3 corners/free kicks

I use team pressing when losing by a couple goals
Message 3 of 8 (529 Views)

★★ Guide
@JReedy09 424 doesn't really work in this game, the only formations that work are 4231 & 442
Message 4 of 8 (512 Views)

★ Novice
@MrMack80 Thanks mate I’ll give that a go
Message 5 of 8 (465 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@JReedy09yeah 424 is easy to beat. 4231 and 442 are the best. I actually play 451 and switch to 41212 and have a lot of fun, but if i need to be a bit more solid in a slow paced game it's 4231 and if i want to go aggressive attacking 442.

Fast build up is terrible most of the time, it will push forward your central midfielders out of position leaving you easy to play through.

Try playing defence - pressure on heavy touch - this means you will automatcally press whenever the AI thinks the opponent takes a heavy touch, it uses way less stamina (hardly any actually) than constant press or constant pressure and is more unpredictable for you opponent to play out of.
Attacking wise balanced is fine, make sure you have at least one cm/cdm staying back and cover centre and all your cdms/cms on cover centre if you put your fullbacks on stay back also, which is more solid and will help defend a lot of counter attacks from 433 variants and 424 and anyone using stay forward instructions.

If you have a decent cdm and pacey backline you can play a higher defensive line than 4, this will enable you, along with pressure on heavy touch, to win the ball back in midfield or straight from the opponent rather than drop back and defend your penalty area. But 1 to 3 depth drop back narrow width is widely used to shut up shop, i don't recommend this as it is boring, but you might enjoy sitting on a lead and defending all game.

Looking at your team in a critical way, i like most of your players but honestly Laporte is not good enough at this stage of the game, neither is 83 Martial or Benjamin mendy 80 - if that is the Mendy you are using. Aso you will notice a big difference if every player in your back line is 85+, centre backs 88+. try to get defenders with pace around 90+, composure and reactions over 90 too aswell as solid deensive and physical obviously. Defenders feel much more useable if their agility is high, cb's agility over 75 ideally and full backs over 85 so you can defend sweaty 99 agility dragback wingers/forwards.

Message 6 of 8 (447 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for your help I’m pushing for division 8 now! I switched to a 4231, sold Laporte brought in 90 Van Dijk and used your suggested tactics, this is a much better approach for me I used it before and coming back to it was great gives me lots of opportunity to pass through balls. I’ve also calmed down a bit and stopped getting frustrated, seems to help a lot too! 

New team:

ST - 89 Mbappe

CAM 91 Griezmann and 96 Fekir

CAM 94 Aouar

CDM 94 Kante CDM 96 Kroos

LB 85 Mende RB 93 Nelson Semedo 

CB 88 Hernández CB 90 Van Dijk 

Message 7 of 8 (393 Views)

Hero
@JReedy09 no problem, nice to hear positive results. Good luck!

Message 8 of 8 (357 Views)