Re: FIFA 23 Career Mode Improvements

by Hannoush1

Original Post

FIFA 23 Career Mode Improvements

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I have been an ardent fan of FIFA since 2003, seen all versions of it. Fifa 22 is very close to realism. Some Suggestions for FIFA 23 career mode. 

1. Player Career
    1. Match Rating for a player right now increases highly based on assists and goals scored as they are key metrics in the statistics, you can add a few more metrics one is an easy one while the other might be a difficult one to implement.
      1. One is Key Passes, quite often in the higher divisions be it a striker or a midfielder, you end up having a lot more key passes which falls into chance creation, but those are only considered as passes for match rating, you could tone down the goal related match rating a fair bit, and award a decent match rating a fair bit too. 
      2. The other is related to a long ball play or a through pass play when in open areas, when a player successfully reaches or gets into open areas for a chance creation, you can award him a match rating successfully receiving a pass.
    2. Finance for Players
      1. When you are starting out, as a younger player, you get awarded a salary and a signing bonus, right now there is no way to spend salary or get any extra salary, so my suggestion is add some menus for spending a salary, may be a hair cut charge, two - managers - one main manager and as you grow up there would be different managers for an individual player such as a manager for sponsorship and advertising and you have to pay him. 
      2. This way even EA's revenue can increase if you can get licensing deals from Bigger brands and they can pay you for in game promotion of their brands as players endorse those brands.
    3. Friendship and Rivalry element in the dressing room
      1. Some players have selfish traits, they go for goals and it affects chemistry of players, some are older and they tend to bully younger players. So, a chemistry with the players such as that of friendship, respect trait as and when you play with at their side. I think you had done this in Fifa 19 story mode. Teammate chemistry. This can be brought back in Fifa 23. Its a good element. 
      2. A teammate with whom you have played well or have helped him score goals, can ask you out for parties or even for a practice game. A Quick sim could be chosen which would affect the chemistry. 
    4. Social media interactions
      1. In Fifa 19's story mode the social media interaction was good, you can bring that back in Player Career Mode, it would be a good addition. 
    5. Negotiation Table
      1. Right now, the offers are received and a player has an option to stall, accept or reject, why not bring a negotiation scene into the picture, make it audible too. Right now its just text based. I can understand the audio will increase the game size. But you can give an in game option to download the audio for negotiation cut scenes
    6. Vice Captaincy / Captaincy or respect for seniority in the dressing room
      1. Make an option for the player to become a vice captain of the team. 
      2. As a Vice Captain, the manager discusses with players about relevant transfer or changing formation of the team. 
      3. When a top of the table team is losing and the player is in one of those teams the manager asking for suggestions from the Captain, Vice Captain and the senior most players in the team.
      4. Captain's respect for the team, give him a maturity trait for interaction with players, this way there would be more dynamicity in each season, welcoming a new player, the cool, neutral and hot headed were good initial traits in the story mode. 
      5. Captain's chemistry with everyone in the team. Welcoming younger players, etc.
    7. When Injured
      1. Injury drops a players rating with the manager to almost a reserve, it should not be the case, in real life if a player is good he should be back to starting 11 as he was earlier. 
      2. Whenever the player is in due to get fit, it should be a more smoother transition, like he plays practice or skill games, then into a reserve by giving him a game time of 10 mins, in which if he slides or gets a tackle he is again put as medically unfit for starting 11.
    8. Player Career can start with youth academy at 15 years of age (optional for a player)
      1. Prepare a youth club league and this player will first gain confidence of a youth manager and then the main manager will come and watch him play where in the main managers rating slowly increase, until it goes to a reserve. 
      2. The manager can also release for profitability.
    9. Communication with the manager
      1. If a player is a 80 rated player, and has a 75 rated team members, there should be a way to communicate to the manager whether he is interested in involving equally rated players in the team.
      2. If not, then the option for transfer should be there where in the manager does not decline the offer, as it would be in the best interest of the player.
    10. I think this about sums up the player career mode Wishlist. 
  2. New Career Mode - Owner / Promoter / Manager
    1. This would involve hiring of managers such as Pep Guardiola, Ole Gunn  or Inzaghi or any current players who would be retiring an offer to manage the club. This most certainly would focus on Manager and Budgets, and transfer decisions (only decisions, and not valuations, valuations could be bought in from the manager for each player) for the club. 
    2. This would also involve setting up objectives for the manager. 
    3. Stadium Upgradation etc.
    4. Owning several clubs under one banner and managing these clubs stadiums ticket sales, travel costs and budgeting. 
    5. In short, all financing aspects of the club except for transfer, scouting and and the rest of the managers
    6. Even Youth academy can be included. This could one new career mode under development. 
  3. Career Mode as Manager:
    1. Manager can start with managing a youth league first. It can be similar to the current manager mode. You can add may be sponsors for the youth league.
    2.  The senior league managers will have their hands full by hiring scouts, youth managers, which can ask for hiring youth scouts.
    3. A youth player can start playing since the age of 11 or 12 and work his way up to the youth team and then the senior team based on the performance of youth team.
    4. Manager will also deal with different sponsorships. 
    5. Kit upgrade - which can reduce fatigue of players due to the sweat accumulation and comfort and feel of the fabric, this can be introduced.
    6. Manager can go to the board for raising finance allocation to the board for 1. transfers and 2. increasing the stadium capacity (This was there in 2004 or 2005 in FIFA, if I remember correctly) and 3. buying an outright new stadium.
    7. Scouting is good, keep it as is.
    8. Also, one more system of interaction with the board can be introduced, that the Board expectations are surely critical, but even if they are not achieved and the club is profitable by say a 25% or so, the board does not fire the manager (25% is an example, but a you can set a cap)
    9. Remove a Average age of the team as board expectation, instead keep an average team rating, I personally like to start out in lower divisions and the players there are not that good. So, I use the youth academy players and, it becomes difficult to achieve that target of average age of players. This is my personal suggestion.
    10. The other suggestions which other users have given with respect to different set of managers are also good, and their interaction with the team will affect players like, a physiotherapist will have an impact on players recovery time, or a training manager, can impact their mentality and boost their moral. 
    11. Interviews and negotiations can be audio related.
  4. Some common Suggestions
    1. A choice of commentators just having two commentators are not good enough add more and keep them as downloadable content in the FIFA launcher menu. 
    2. Goal Keeper saves are very unnatural in FIFA 22, they dive and make the saves and even top and bottom corner saves are something sort of a miracle. However the near corner and a ball hit at them is going into the goal. These mechanics need some improvement, very few goalkeepers can save top and bottom corners by just getting there. improve these mechanics, to beat goalkeepers you also need to improve skill moves, keep strafes on RB Button instead of the skill move button.
    3. The second automatically select contrasting kit for opposition, there was a game in player career mode where I was also red and they were also red. It was hard to determine the difference.
    4. In Snow, by default keep the color of the ball as either black or grey. which can been seen. 
    5. Give POV camera for player mode. 
  5. What you should not change?
    1. Quite people, ask you to change or make suggestions, but very few times they say what to keep.
    2. Keep the Scouting as is. Its good.
    3. Keep the defense, the slides and stand tackles are much stronger, which is good. 
    4. Keep the skills attributes however make them a little bit more difficult to obtain. Like if you are a younger player it should take you 3 seasons to reach 80 ovr if you are in a lower division club. However if you are in a higher division it can take you 2 seasons too. 
Message 1 of 2 (2,778 Views)

Re: FIFA 23 Career Mode Improvements

★★★ Novice

I think they should give us the option of training in the start of a career mode, because each time I want to start with a new team, I have to do trainings again and again. I mean the trainings are good but not if I want to start another career mode.

Message 2 of 2 (2,246 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

fifa-20-splash

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help