FIFA 22- Women clubs

by bigbird094

Original Post

Accepted Solution

FIFA 22- Women clubs

★ Apprentice

This is a good article which details why women clubs and domestic leagues need to be represented

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/10/15/lack-wome-fifa-21-gaping-goa...

Message 1 of 5 (368 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: FIFA 22- Women clubs

Community Manager
Hi @bigbird094,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll see that it gets to the right teams.
EACade

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (282 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@bigbird094 can you please re-post your link as the page won't load due to an error?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (348 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@bigbird094    I agree that professional women's football is growing in popularity massively and will continue to do so. I would be surprised if it becomes as big (financially and fan base) as the men's game, at the top level, in the near future as the men's game is established over 100 years.

This does not mean the women's game should be belittled, in fact it should be fully supported and given every chance to evolve into a sport as high profile as the men's game.

I think EA games has acknowledged this trend over the last few years and will look to add depth to the content of women's football in future FIFA titles and EA clearly supports the women's game as it has already emerged from relative obscurity (on a professional level) to a more mainstream fan-base.

I am a Manchester City fan and I have followed City's women's team for a few years now. I have also enjoyed watching many matches from the most recent women's world cup and also international games since and I do think women's football just keeps getting better and better actually.

My personal opinion is if a female footballer is produced by a clubs academy, and is as good as say Pele or Messi, then why should she not be allowed to play in the (men's) same team at the top level (edit: i am not suggesting a woman has to perform at that extreme level for this situation to happen). This is the real level of equality (for me), but also one which would redefine the sport. This is not tennis or golf, it is a team game. However maybe there are lots of women, and men, who think that football should be women only and men only teams. I think right now, the women's game needs improving and establishing itself deeper and further and this requires support. So in response to the article - linked, that you posted,  it does make sense that the women's game should aim for the best!

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 5 (325 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @bigbird094,

Thanks for the feedback, I'll see that it gets to the right teams.
EACade
Message 5 of 5 (283 Views)